RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum

Old 05-13-2015, 03:23 PM

Looking back at this, the Frozen Watch makes more and more sense to me not as an intentionally-maintained source of team replacements but instead as the places where incompletely-trained and not-yet-assigned-to-a-team Project members could be sheltered. Since the time of the war was not precisely known, Project members who had not yet gotten a team would either have to get to a MP facility or else likely die in the early stages of the war. I'm envisioning pre-war MP training and logistics centers to be spaced around the country, with FW boltholes nearby. When the missiles are launched, everyone not yet frozen heads for the boltholes, ready to be woken up as needed.

The gaming consequence is that you can put almost anyone in a FW bolthole! I've run some great games (in other systems) where the characters are relatively normal people, and it would be an interesting MP game if the characters were frozen just after they started training!

The equipment consequence would be that you could not count on people arriving to the facility with any of their issue equipment, so it would make sense for the FW bolthole to double as a general-purpose supply cache, with a smattering of weapons, ammo, basic packs, etc.
Old 05-13-2015, 08:32 PM

It would also be a good place to put training cadre and support staff in. People not part of teams but helping prepare and support the teams going into Boltholes. But having the trainer for teams die in the days after the strikes is just a waste of resources so...
Old 05-14-2015, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormlion1 View Post
It would also be a good place to put training cadre and support staff in. People not part of teams but helping prepare and support the teams going into Boltholes. But having the trainer for teams die in the days after the strikes is just a waste of resources so...
I always assumed that pre-war training and development staff were divided - the youngest and healthiest were sent to field teams, the middle-aged but still healthy were assigned to facilities, and the oldest left first and set up shop in some out-of-the-way Caribbean retirement community, wondering what went wrong but unable to do anything about it.

Of course, I also assumed that as much as possible, such training and development was done by non-Morrow personnel hired for the purpose, so I was never assuming an especially large contingent that would need to be frozen.