RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2013, 12:45 PM
Internet Intellectual

Default Atlantis online?

In Canon, there is the Atlantis Project which is supposed to come online one hundred years after the activation of the Morrow Project. The MP was supposed to come online within 3-5 years of WW3 and aid in the reconstruction of the US. Thus the Atlantis Project would be aided by a functional US with resources and manufacturing capability for its own world wide reconstruction plan.

So what if the Atlantis Project has come online, and been going it alone without the MP since 100 years after WW3? All this time wondering what happened and where is their MP support.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:21 PM

I always figured the Atlantis Project failed itself and there teams are still sleeping just like the Morrow teams did which is why we haven't seen any Atlantis teams come a looking for their Morrow counterparts. But if it had come online without support from the Morrrow teams it's a good bet they would have had to start very small and local like the Morrow project had too.

Last edited by stormlion1; 09-10-2013 at 08:00 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:52 PM
Internet Intellectual

What if the Atlantis Project would be relying on MorrowSat or something like it to broadcast the wakeup signal to geographically dispersed teams.

then Operation Lonestar happens.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:22 PM

As the Atlantis Project was supposed to operate a 100 years after the Morrow teams woke up they must have been operating under the assumptions that either A) There were satellites still in orbit to rebroadcast a signal or B) The Morrow Project would be able to launch another series of satellites to take up the slack from fallen or destroyed satellites during the intervening years. My money is on the Atlantis Project (sorry everytime I type it, I thing of the SG-1 spinoff) cryotubes being set on a timer to wake them all up roughly in the same time frame or there being another Prime Base to transmit a wake up signal.
I just don't think they had the needed rescources to do more than put band aids on without a logistics train coming from North America. Say imagine rebuilding Europe after World War II without the United States or Britian or Russia being involved in any way. No construction equipment, no fuel, no raw materials, etc, etc. It would have taken decades to rebuild rather than a few short years.