RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum

Old 02-06-2020, 05:03 AM

Default Morrow Project Basic and Vehicular Loads on Scribd

Can someone who has a Scribd account get a copy of these documents on Scribd?

Morrow Project Basic and Vehicular Loads
https://www.scribd.com/document/6393...ion-as-of-2020

Morrow Project ID Cards
https://www.scribd.com/document/4427...oject-ID-Cards

Thank you
Old 03-12-2021, 10:19 PM

Default Those are mine...

Do you still need them?
Old 03-12-2021, 10:25 PM

Default Newest update

I literally just closed that load document after saving.

If you need it, let me know, and I will send links to PDF versions of the above.
Old 03-13-2021, 06:38 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

Fan created stuff is usually cool copyright wise, but the author has requested attribution (along with not commercial use) so I am providing it here.

John Miller

edit lol did not see they were yours. Still you deserve the link.

BTW I see you just joined. Welcome.

Last edited by kato13; 03-13-2021 at 07:41 AM.
Old 03-13-2021, 11:18 AM

Default Thanks!

I had an issue with someone posting an old version of that load thing from back in 2001. They posted it in 2018, as their own work. As long as they keep my name on it, I don't care who reposts it, I don't care who uses it, and I don't care who modifies it.

But at least use the newest version!

That old one was a mess.
Old 03-13-2021, 04:17 PM

Default Correct my errors!

If you find any spelling/grammar/typographical/editing errors, please let me know.

Some weapon designs are specific to my version of the Project, based generally on experimental weapon systems I found on the net. So, some of my loads will have weapons that never existed in our reality. These are intentional, and not errors.

I already found several errors in my battery section, and will be posting the corrected document as soon as I am done with it.
Old 03-13-2021, 05:08 PM

Just downloaded the files from your dropbox site.

I have your original version as well. If you can send a PDF version that would be helpful as well.

I do enjoy reading other people's creations, and at over 672 pages that should take awhile to read.

Thank you.
Old 03-15-2021, 12:49 PM

Default Sorry that took so long...

I was actually adding a few things to the document. This PDF is the current version, as of today, as long as I don't think of anything else to add right now.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/izz1iayuqm...vised.pdf?dl=0
Old 03-20-2021, 04:09 PM

I see you have the same issue as others on the internet. The M1 Timer Detonator, no one can figure out what that is, as it is not listed at all in any public document. The picture everyone uses is a fuse from a Mk82.

Here is a discussion we had last year about this and what it might be: https://forum.juhlin.com/showthread.php?p=85615&nojs=1

I know Kevin Dockery is on Facebook (I'm not), maybe some wants to ask this question thru the Facebook page to him or directly to him.

I'm on Page 113 so far.

Last edited by nuke11; 03-20-2021 at 04:17 PM.
Old 03-21-2021, 12:42 AM
Registered Registrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke11 View Post
I see you have the same issue as others on the internet. The M1 Timer Detonator, no one can figure out what that is, as it is not listed at all in any public document. The picture everyone uses is a fuse from a Mk82.

Here is a discussion we had last year about this and what it might be: https://forum.juhlin.com/showthread.php?p=85615&nojs=1

I know Kevin Dockery is on Facebook (I'm not), maybe some wants to ask this question thru the Facebook page to him or directly to him.

I'm on Page 113 so far.
I must admit that I never looked too deeply into the subject but I had thought the M1 Timer Detonator should have been the WW2 M1 Chemical Delay Firing Device (I think it was nicknamed the pencil detonator or something like that?)

Some time later after trawling through the net...
This is what I personally thought the book listing for the M1 detonator should have been rather than some non-descript clockwork device: -
https://www.lexpev.nl/fuzesandignite...gdevicem1.html
https://bulletpicker.com/firing-device_-delay_-m1.html
Old 03-21-2021, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Yeah, that bugged the crap out of me. I looked everywhere for it, and just gave up.
Old 03-21-2021, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteelCynic View Post
I must admit that I never looked too deeply into the subject but I had thought the M1 Timer Detonator should have been the WW2 M1 Chemical Delay Firing Device (I think it was nicknamed the pencil detonator or something like that?)

I thought about going there, and actually had rewritten my loads to use that pencil detonator. But it just didn't work as well as I wanted for the loads, so I fell back on the old expedient of the bomb fuse mentioned above. Which is freaking huge, BTW.
Old 03-22-2021, 12:06 AM
Registered Registrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slar View Post
I thought about going there, and actually had rewritten my loads to use that pencil detonator. But it just didn't work as well as I wanted for the loads, so I fell back on the old expedient of the bomb fuse mentioned above. Which is freaking huge, BTW.
And I must admit to glossing over the links posted by others here, nuke11 posted a link directly to a discussion the heavily featured the pencil detonator and mentioned its replacement.

Doesn't solve the problem of what the game's M1 detonator is though...
I've only got 3rd edition so I don't know what 4th has to say on the matter but I tend to agree with the thoughts expressed by some people, i.e. the M1 timer detonator is a game thing and not a real world item.

As an aside, because I'm the curious type, I searched the web for info on the M147 device mentioned in the linked forum page. I did the usual thing I do, checked some specific pages and then did an image search and through that I found a website listing many US booby trap devices. Right near the bottom of the page http://tgrm.foxed.ca/boobytraps/Americanbt/USBT.html
there is a CIA AC Delay device.
It started life as a WW2 system developed for OSS and then was later taken into use by the CIA who developed several versions including one in the 1960s. It mentions that it was in use in Vietnam and it mentions that the CIA produced ampoules for up to 60 days delay so I am speculating that perhaps the writers knew of this device and reimagined it as a mechanical system rather than a chemical one?

It's just idle speculation I admit, though based on the age of the writers at the time the earlier editions were published (some of whom would have been old enough to have served in Vietnam or at least lived through that time as young adults)
Old 04-27-2021, 04:01 AM

Default Newest version is up

Finally added a bunch of stuff that's been on the plate for over a year. Also found some typos and other errors, and cleared those up. New link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/izz1iayuqm...vised.pdf?dl=0

Hope someone finds these useful...
Old 04-27-2021, 01:58 PM

Quote:
I do enjoy reading other people's creations, and at over 672 pages that should take awhile to read.

Bad news. It's up to 976 now...
Old 04-27-2021, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slar View Post
Bad news. It's up to 976 now...
I see that.

I have quickly skimmed over the document. Since I have been researching tires for awhile this part jumped out and I like technical details.

Page 960 Commando Special Tire.
The 365/80R20 tire indicated is the upgraded "modernized" rim/tire package, after the original "commando" tires where no longer used and the rims where standardized at 20". The most common tire used was/is the MICHELIN XZL, XL and XML.

This size of tire can not be used on a Ranger/Peacekeeper, no matter how hard you try as it uses 9.50" x 16.5" tire.

Weights

XZL: 75 kgs
10x20 rim: 38 kgs
3 piece run-flat insert: 40 kgs
Tire Chain: 31.5 kgs

A bit of history for those interested, the original Commando tire details.

14.5" x 21" tire, it weighted 357 lbs/162 kgs.
Old 04-28-2021, 12:54 PM

Default Yeah, found that. Going to have to switch them out to a different size.

I'm trying to a) modernize the tires and go metric, and b) standardize the tires so there aren't 32 different tires issued to the Project.

I mean, you'd have to triple the size of the caches to fit tires for everything.
Old 04-28-2021, 01:06 PM

Default RE: Tires

I'm assuming the Project modified all of their vehicles to use a standard set of tires between them. They just don't have the logistics capability of the US military. SO, I'm assuming that they type-standardized a set of tires/wheels, and modified the vehicles as needed to use those sizes.

If anyone else notices an impossible size, let me know which of the sizes would work better. It's a pain to find some of this data, so if anyone has it, it helps a lot.
Old 05-01-2021, 08:17 PM

Default New newest version is up... Again

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l5mroiujoa...vised.pdf?dl=0

Hopefully this is it for a bit. I need to work on my other campaigns...

Edited with link to error-corrected version. As always, please let me know if you find any errors/typos/etc...

Last edited by Slar; 05-02-2021 at 01:32 AM.
Old 05-25-2021, 12:18 AM

Default New Link

So, when I uploaded the newest revision, it did not replace the old document. Thus, I had to generate a new link. Here it is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/anwspazsps...05-24.pdf?dl=0
Old 05-25-2021, 12:19 AM

Default Hopefully, this is it.

Unless something unbelievably awesome shows up that I just feel the Project has to have, this should be the final version of this document.

Fingers crossed...
Old 05-26-2021, 03:38 PM

Default Well, that sucks...

Just found out that I lost a whole weekend's worth of work without knowing it. My entries for the Cold Weather and Desert Terrain vehicle loads are gone, along with all the detailed equipment descriptions. Also gone is the stuff I did on oxygen/acetylene, and propane tanks/cylinders. I will be redoing the vehicle loads, but I am taking a break after that. The stuff for the tanks/cylinders took hours of research to compile, and I am just too frustrated right now to contemplate it.
Old 05-27-2021, 07:14 PM

Default Corrected version

https://www.dropbox.com/s/02gnig4afw...5-27A.pdf?dl=0

That's the corrected version, with the missing gear put back. Oh, and a bunch of basic loads had bad weight totals. Thanks to Desert Mariner for letting me know.