Opera 3 2.48%
Safari 3 2.48%
Other 23 19.01%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b View Post
Are you having any problems with Java applets, Flash applets, or Acrobat/Acrobat Reader?
Not that I know of, no.

IE6 and Netscape 8 run (as well as such dinosaurs can be expected) but I try to avoid using them for security reasons.

IE8 failed to run after two automatic updates this spring I had to uninstall it and go back to IE6.

Firefox 3 was working fine until a few weeks ago, when it tried to update after a computer malfunction (for only the second time, the laptop failed to hibernate after being folded up, this time staying powered until the battery was totally drained with Firefox open, them Firefox attempting to do an update shortly after I plugged in the computer and turned it on). I have deleted all Firefox files, installed and uninstalled Firefox 3.5 and 3.0.14, but it won't run. I get an hourglass for a couple of seconds, then nothing. Google Chrome won't even get that far.

http://copeab.tripod.com
Old 11-11-2009, 04:26 AM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by copeab View Post
Not that I know of, no.

IE6 and Netscape 8 run (as well as such dinosaurs can be expected) but I try to avoid using them for security reasons.

IE8 failed to run after two automatic updates this spring I had to uninstall it and go back to IE6.

Firefox 3 was working fine until a few weeks ago, when it tried to update after a computer malfunction (for only the second time, the laptop failed to hibernate after being folded up, this time staying powered until the battery was totally drained with Firefox open, them Firefox attempting to do an update shortly after I plugged in the computer and turned it on). I have deleted all Firefox files, installed and uninstalled Firefox 3.5 and 3.0.14, but it won't run. I get an hourglass for a couple of seconds, then nothing. Google Chrome won't even get that far.
OK, this is going to sound strange but bear with me. Re-install one of those programs (do them one at a time). Don't try to open the program. After you re-install it, immediately uninstall it again. This should clean out your registry. Reboot. Manually search for and delete any files related to the program (put any personal files, such as bookmarks, into a ZIP file so you can get them back later, and leave the ZIP file in the directory). Reboot again. Re-install the program. It should work properly this time. Unzip your personal files.

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com
Old 02-24-2010, 10:02 AM
8th Guards Mech Corps

Send a message via Yahoo to Anton_Lysenko

Privyet!

I voted other. Google Chrome here.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:10 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton_Lysenko View Post
Privyet!

I voted other. Google Chrome here.
Hey welcome aboard.

Chrome fits the non-IE model I was hoping for . I think when I created this poll Chrome was just out of the starting gate.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:01 PM

When my personal computer is working properly, I use Firefox, but right now Firefox won't recognise that the Modem is installed, so I have to make do with an old obsolete Netscape 4.7, which is the only thing that will recognise the modem at the moment (besides my FTP software, thank Gods). The high-speed here at the hospital uses IE upstairs or SiteKiosk downstairs. I hate both, and hope I can get my modem working right soon.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:21 PM

Location: Somewhere in the Eastern U.P. on the edge of Civilization.

I would say about 94% of the time I am Chrome and Thunderbird, which I use when I am here. 5% of the time I am Firefox at school or viewing hotmail since Chrome has a fit when I try to log in there. 1% of the time when I am force to use IE since Microsoft seems to only recognize only their stuff.

Up until year or so ago, I would of said I used Firefox 99% of the time for quite a few years since it was so much faster and more secure than IE. Yet, it seems to have gotten bloated and moving slow. I have used Safari, but I use it mainly if I am going to Apple site for anything since it seems to be gear to explore there faster much like IE only seems to load fast when you are at Microsoft site. Gee, I wonder why....

Oh well. There you go and more than you need to know...
Old 11-11-2010, 10:52 AM
Volunteer Timeline Errata Coord.

Chrome is the way to go for me, always a lot quicker than Firefox and less cluttered in every regard (like the toolbars) because I like to be looking at what's in the windows and nothing else. IE is a non-issue, I maybe used it once in the last year.

Tony
Old 11-27-2010, 07:14 AM

I'm such a dinosauer, still using IE-XP...
Old 11-27-2010, 01:13 PM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon500ly View Post
I'm such a dinosauer, still using IE-XP...
My mother was using that until recently, when her hard drive failed. I may have to go to the Goodwill Store to find her a hard drive small enough for her restore disks to accept -- hers was 120 GB and the smallest I have on hand is 400 GB.

Old 11-27-2010, 02:38 PM

Quote:
My mother was using that until recently, when her hard drive failed. I may have to go to the Goodwill Store to find her a hard drive small enough for her restore disks to accept -- hers was 120 GB and the smallest I have on hand is 400 GB.
Paul,

400GB is not an issue for Xp. Format the drive using a FAT32 format, and partition the drive into 120 - 150 gb logical drives.

MIke
Old 11-27-2010, 03:19 PM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeo80 View Post
Paul,

400GB is not an issue for Xp. Format the drive using a FAT32 format, and partition the drive into 120 - 150 gb logical drives.

MIke
I'm not worried about it being an issue for XP -- I'm worried about the information on her restore disk expecting a 120 GB hard drive and going bonkers when it finds a 400 GB hard drive. Then again, the DVD drive is not original either (it failed a few years back) and we removed the modem since she has broadband, and I don't know where the modem is either...have to hope for the best. Some restore disks are picky.

Old 11-27-2010, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Will say this, it has been three years (knock on wood) since I've had a Big Blue Screen of Death!

You do realize that I just cursed myself, right?

LOL
Old 11-29-2010, 08:58 PM
Sabre Ready!

Send a message via AIM to Panther Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerCCW UK View Post
I'm on IE on my PC, but thinking of swapping to firefox. At the minute though I'm mostly browsing via my BlackBerry - saves me climbing the stairs with my (still!) duff knee.
Ah, so good to see I'm not the only one using a crackberry.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:28 PM

There are a few of us out there.

Nothing happens in isolation - it's called "the butterfly effect"

Mors ante pudorem
Old 12-23-2010, 04:03 PM

Netscape Navigator 3.04

I like my browsers like my women... old and slow.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:25 PM

Mostly a sci-fi nut, who plays a few PC games.
I do some technical and vehicle drawings in my native M20 scale. - http://braden1986.deviantart.com/
Old 12-28-2010, 04:02 PM

google chrome myself.
the best course of action when all is against you is to slow down and think critically about the situation. this way you are not blindly rushing into an ambush and your mind is doing something useful rather than getting you killed.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:32 PM
Gun Doctor

<Spanish Accent> I don't always use Internet Explorer, but when I do, I use it to download a better browser. </Spanish Accent>

Unless I'm at work.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:43 AM

Chrome here

Or crom - http://www.somethingpositive.net/sp09032008.shtml
Old 04-18-2016, 10:58 AM

Other = Chrome

Uncle Ted
Old 04-18-2016, 01:19 PM

Chrome and so do all my friends
Closed Thread

Tags
demographics, polls