RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 10-30-2015, 02:01 PM
Staff Headquarter Weinie

Default PC Aircraft Pilot Table

Just something I came up with, for when your PC says I going to make a F-16 Fighter Pilot. Try using this instead, I know the numbers are out too lunch but I figure it was start.

Feedback is always welcome
Attached Files
File Type: xls Aircraft Table.xls (33.0 KB, 94 views)
Old 10-30-2015, 03:31 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

It is a great idea.

Two ideas for a tweaks

Frist if you have not taken into account dual pilots you should

Second
http://fas.org/man/dod-101/usaf/unit/docs/a42-1.htm
this document from 1995 has the crew ratio in the third column.

By multiplying the number of pilot seats by this number you might get a bit more accuracy.
Old 10-30-2015, 03:33 PM
Banned

Interesting list - and considering the wide variety of planes out there having piloting skills doesnt automatically mean you can fly anything - there is a big difference between spending your career being a Herc pilot and being a F-16 pilot
Old 10-30-2015, 06:41 PM
Staff Headquarter Weinie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato13 View Post
Frist if you have not taken into account dual pilots you should

Second
http://fas.org/man/dod-101/usaf/unit/docs/a42-1.htm
this document from 1995 has the crew ratio in the third column.

By multiplying the number of pilot seats by this number you might get a bit more accuracy.
Well Kato

Good point for dual pilots, however since this is a USAF chart it didn't think you see that many dual pilots give the size of the USAF. You should be able to go a long time from a sqn to a ground position and then back to a sqn with out changing aircraft and as Olefin stated there are huge differences between a C-130 and a F-16, so training would be a issue.

Beside I was thinking this table would used for pilots PC to roll after they roll the war dice. So you roll the dice is war declared? yes ok what are you flying hmm m roll again ok that what your flying. makes sense?
Old 10-30-2015, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcaf_777 View Post
Well Kato

Good point for dual pilots, however since this is a USAF chart it didn't think you see that many dual pilots give the size of the USAF. You should be able to go a long time from a sqn to a ground position and then back to a sqn with out changing aircraft and as Olefin stated there are huge differences between a C-130 and a F-16, so training would be a issue.

Beside I was thinking this table would used for pilots PC to roll after they roll the war dice. So you roll the dice is war declared? yes ok what are you flying hmm m roll again ok that what your flying. makes sense?
My thought for the dual pilots. First I am not not nore have I ever been a pilot or even in a aviation unit. But my understanding is that some aircraft you do not get right out of the gate. The F-5 Tiger is mostly used as an OPFOR plane so if I understand correctly it would be a second aircraft. The other thought is to put all basic airframes one after another. If you can fly the MH-60 you can fly the UH-60, and the reverse is true as far as I know. Now you may not be able to use all of the extras. But what I am saying is if MH-60 is 21-25, and EH-60 is 26-30, the the UH-60 is 80-100 I would move it so that the UH-60 is 30-50. Just so it reads MH-60, EH-60, then UH-60 but this may just by my OCD.
Old 10-31-2015, 12:48 PM
Staff Headquarter Weinie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAT View Post
But my understanding is that some aircraft you do not get right out of the gate. The F-5 Tiger is mostly used as an OPFOR plane so if I understand correctly it would be a second aircraft.
1. If you look at the tables you see it has the total number of air frames I figured the higher number of air frames the great chance of a PC flying them?

2. As I stated earlier I intend this table to be used after the war dice (1D10) is rolled, so this would the aircraft the PC is flying at the start of the war. So yes the PC could be flying a F-5 Tiger at the start of the War. F-5 Tiger would still be flying in Canadian front line service at the start of the the war so maybe the PC flew with the Canadians on exchange.

There are actually more aircraft that I left out as many of the services have one or two miss/special purpose aircraft
Old 11-01-2015, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcaf_777 View Post
1. If you look at the tables you see it has the total number of air frames I figured the higher number of air frames the great chance of a PC flying them?

2. As I stated earlier I intend this table to be used after the war dice (1D10) is rolled, so this would the aircraft the PC is flying at the start of the war. So yes the PC could be flying a F-5 Tiger at the start of the War. F-5 Tiger would still be flying in Canadian front line service at the start of the the war so maybe the PC flew with the Canadians on exchange.

There are actually more aircraft that I left out as many of the services have one or two miss/special purpose aircraft
OK, I saw that but was thinking that it was a list of what they were trained to fly, my bad.