RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2014, 03:25 AM
bigehauser

Cool I'm so old, and have been so silent, that I'm probably new...

After probably years of inactivity on this group, I have once again returned. Since the time I was active on this group, my views politically and personally have changed dramatically in some ways, and I have since left the US military because of it. The last few years in the Army have been a demonstrably influential factor in my desire to be a free man, and to be as self governing as possible beyond the limitations of government bureaucracy. I digress.

Aside from all that, I hope to chat with familiar people once again, and maybe some new ones. Hell, maybe even host an online game, a face to face game, or play in a few if I am so lucky.

"Good luck. You're on your own... *static*"
Old 08-27-2014, 07:27 AM

Welcome back! Thank you for your service.

Hope to hear more from you.

My $0.02

Mike
Old 08-27-2014, 07:44 AM
bigehauser

Thanks, man! It's good to be back. I've only been back a few hours, but I'm already seeing new and interesting things. I also see that the legendary Paul Mulcahy still roams here in all his T2K glory. Again...great to be back. It's an honor to be with fellow Post Apoc nerds.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:24 PM
Erstwhile Gamer

Grats on entering a new stage in your life.
Even if you're an old T2k hand, sounds like you're joining as a largely new man. Sounds exciting!
Do you find yourself looking at the story, game, or genre in much the same way as you used to?
Old 08-28-2014, 04:21 AM
bigehauser

Honestly, I have never really seen the game the same way over time. The mystique behind it took different forms as I got older, experienced similar circumstances seen in the game, traveled the world, etc.

I guess the post apocalyptic genre in general is how I look at this subject, and not so much T2K on its own. The only real large change that I have begun to look at in a much deeper way, relative to this genre, is the dynamic of a government's role after collapse (the different ways government can easily slip right back into why the collapse happened in the first place, for example).
Old 09-02-2014, 09:17 PM
The Stat Guy

Well, let me welcome you -- one old fart to another!

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com
Old 12-07-2015, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigehauser View Post
Honestly, I have never really seen the game the same way over time. The mystique behind it took different forms as I got older, experienced similar circumstances seen in the game, traveled the world, etc.

I guess the post apocalyptic genre in general is how I look at this subject, and not so much T2K on its own. The only real large change that I have begun to look at in a much deeper way, relative to this genre, is the dynamic of a government's role after collapse (the different ways government can easily slip right back into why the collapse happened in the first place, for example).
Hello. I just joined last year. I have to agree with the above statement. I am actually playing a sort of MERC campaign based on my own experiences (I served in Restore Hope) in Africa. It is funny how military service changes your perspective in the game.