RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 09-10-2008, 03:15 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default explain this in t2k rules !!

General Pain 05-29-2008, 04:32 AM http://youtube.com/watch?v=Og9ccsb1v6o

weswood 05-29-2008, 04:40 AM Not only can I not explain it in T2K rules, I can't even explain it in reality.

copeab 05-29-2008, 05:25 AM http://youtube.com/watch?v=Og9ccsb1v6o

First, you have to go to one second turns ...

Brandon

General Pain 05-29-2008, 07:44 AM Not only can I not explain it in T2K rules, I can't even explain it in reality.

It's like that song that never was: " Where did the recoil go......"

TiggerCCW UK 05-29-2008, 02:08 PM Sweet. Zombie. Jesus.

The reload is probably the most impressive part imho.

Headquarters 05-30-2008, 12:57 AM there are a lot of people out there involved in practical shooting that strive to reach that level.

although this one is what you would consider a shark in the pond of small fry ,some come close-ish .

they tune,customize and upgrade their guns ,and handload ammo to get the exact factor with minimum recoil (varying bullet weight,powder load etc ) to achieve competition performance. (This is probably not factory standard ammo or gun).

Then they practice .

Nevertheless - this performance is the talk of the town in my IPSC club in Stavanger. Noone comes even close to this in Norway -to my knowledge.

The reload is more impressive than the shooting - but the shooting is also cool.

Now,this messes up the T2K rules set -but makes a great inspiration for an enemy NPC to meet .

In game terms :

PCs who customize their guns and or ammo can get bonuses on range stats and recoil in our campaign..in an effort to compensate for this and other youtube shootists.

Targan 05-30-2008, 01:22 AM In Gunmaster we have very simple rules to simulate this sort of thing, the Snap Fire rules. Basically the way it works is that the firer can reduce his appropriate weapon EML (Effective Mastery Level (the % skill in the weapon)) by however much he likes and that amount is then added to his Initiative EML. The index (EML divided by 10) of Initiative EML in Gunmaster is used to calculate each character's individual ROF with each individual weapon, so the higher the Initiative EML the more round you can shoot in one combat round. The fast reload would require a check against a GM-determined multiple of the Dex stat, modified in the shooter's favour by the indices of of the shooter's effective weapon skill and Initiative.

Headquarters 05-30-2008, 07:32 AM In Gunmaster we have very simple rules to simulate this sort of thing, the Snap Fire rules. Basically the way it works is that the firer can reduce his appropriate weapon EML (Effective Mastery Level (the % skill in the weapon)) by however much he likes and that amount is then added to his Initiative EML. The index (EML divided by 10) of Initiative EML in Gunmaster is used to calculate each character's individual ROF with each individual weapon, so the higher the Initiative EML the more round you can shoot in one combat round. The fast reload would require a check against a GM-determined multiple of the Dex stat, modified in the shooter's favour by the indices of of the shooter's effective weapon skill and Initiative.

what if the flux capacitator has become unhinged ,and the hydrospanner is revving uncontrollably towards the p.o.n.r rpm .-point of no return rpm maximum ?

will this affect the Characters ability to quantum correlate the recipe with the targets actual nutrition value ???

?

nah..just messing .

I guess what you are saying (again ) is that gunmaster has a variable that covers these kinds of situation . It is an impressive GM that can keep track of these rules with several different players and NPCs shooting at eachother in a multiple target hostile enviroment ..

I guess I only ever got to the point were I decided to say : " thats really really difficult - difficult - 5 to make that reload ..(effectivley giving the player a 10 % chance of success..)

never say no -just determine penalties..as my friend Gen. Pain says...

pmulcahy 06-02-2008, 08:04 PM The shooter in that video is Jerry Miculek. He's pretty much a god in the US competition shooting community. Right now, I'm watching a show on TV that has that same video (and a lot more) -- it's on the History Channel, and its called Extreme Marksmen. The video is not doctored, sped up, etc., or tricked out in any way. If anyone could pull off that kind of shooting, Miculek can.

However, Jerry Miculek is also a combat veteran. And he's the first to tell you that little of the skills of most shooting competitions (or exhibitions like the one on the video) translate into combat skills.

General Pain 06-03-2008, 01:09 AM The shooter in that video is Jerry Miculek. He's pretty much a god in the US competition shooting community. Right now, I'm watching a show on TV that has that same video (and a lot more) -- it's on the History Channel, and its called Extreme Marksmen. The video is not doctored, sped up, etc., or tricked out in any way. If anyone could pull off that kind of shooting, Miculek can.

However, Jerry Miculek is also a combat veteran. And he's the first to tell you that little of the skills of most shooting competitions (or exhibitions like the one on the video) translate into combat skills.

I agree - I rather have a micro uzi :mg: