RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 09-10-2008, 03:19 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default OT: anyone know of this ?

General Pain 06-06-2008, 01:30 AM check out soundclip nr 6...

US NUMBER STATIONS ?!

http://listverse.com/bizarre/top-10-...le-recordings/

pmulcahy 06-06-2008, 08:34 PM I used to hear something like that (a count of numbers followed by a string of Morse Code) when when I was in Hawaii, at the lowest end of the AM dial. I asked a friend of mine whose father worked in base commo if he could find something about it, and his father said it had something to know with the LORAN navigation beacon at Makapu. (Makapu Point was visible from my house, and there were some buildings on it and a rotating light I could see through a telescope or binoculars -- but you may have heard of it more because it's still the place all the expert and wannabe hang gliders go.) Kind of makes me wonder now, since we were living on Kaneohe MCAS at the time...but some sort of nav beacon still sounds plausible to me.

Hangfire7 06-07-2008, 02:48 AM I used to hear something like that (a count of numbers followed by a string of Morse Code) when when I was in Hawaii, at the lowest end of the AM dial. I asked a friend of mine whose father worked in base commo if he could find something about it, and his father said it had something to know with the LORAN navigation beacon at Makapu. (Makapu Point was visible from my house, and there were some buildings on it and a rotating light I could see through a telescope or binoculars -- but you may have heard of it more because it's still the place all the expert and wannabe hang gliders go.) Kind of makes me wonder now, since we were living on Kaneohe MCAS at the time...but some sort of nav beacon still sounds plausible to me.

DAMN YOU PAUL!!!! Saying those words! All you had to say to add the entire black list was "Radio Hill" and "KT/Kansas Tower" The things that destroyed my knees!!!

I curse the, from hells heart I stab at thee!

Oh yeah, and A POX UPON YOUR SOCKS!!!!

Oh by the by, it was a radio beacon, quite common they needed it for the airstrip basicaly.

pmulcahy 06-07-2008, 08:45 AM So I guess "Uluupau" and "Kahoolawe" are words you don't want to hear either...?

Hangfire7 06-07-2008, 03:52 PM AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! You brat! You brat! I'm mellllllllllltinnnnnnnnnnnnng, mellllllllllltinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng, what a world! What a world! What a world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh hhh

So I guess "Uluupau" and "Kahoolawe" are words you don't want to hear either...?