RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > 2300AD Forum

Old 09-18-2010, 09:46 PM

Default Mongoose Traveller and 2300AD

I just read on a few forums that Mongoose is going to make some kind of 2300AD setting book for their edition of Traveller. Out next year, they say. Some of you may have known that, but I thought it was worth posting here.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:08 AM
Volunteer Timeline Errata Coord.

Admiral,

Quote:
Fans of older RPGs will rejoice in the news that 2300AD, based on the Traveller engine, will be coming back next year. We have just (as of about half an hour ago!) agreed terms, and a certain Mr Colin Dunn is taking lead on the development of this line. Expect some serious 2300AD goodness in 2011...
This was posted last month on the Mongoose forums. So it looks like they have the licence for 2300AD and will definitely be producing new material soon. No word on if T2K13 is going to be the "official" background or T2K. Probably they're going to leave the details of the Twilight War vague.

Tony
Old 09-09-2011, 11:04 AM

Pre-orders are up on Mongoose's website today. It will require the Traveller core rulebook, that's about all the specifics I have so far.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:52 PM
Galactic Overlord

Default Mongoose 2300 AD in 2012 - the end of the world ?

I'm looking forward to it.
Wonder what they'll do for the map ?

I have a Universe that's something between Outland, 2300 AD, Silent Running and High Colonies, been building it for about a decade - usually use GURPS for it. I recently moved to central AZ, trying to build a new group and I've been trying Mongoose Traveller this year for it.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:26 AM

It's out, in both hardback and PDF. I don't have it yet, but it's on my birthday wish list.

There are some slightly negative reviews at Drivethrurpg.com, and a long, positive one at RPG.net.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:49 AM
Activist Rules Lawyer

anyone pick it up yet? I took a quick glance at the hardcover a week ago, the price scared me away almost $50 USD. I'm having second thoughts though and might pick it up later. I'll also have to get the mongoose traveller if I want to play though.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogiedowndonovan View Post
anyone pick it up yet? I took a quick glance at the hardcover a week ago, the price scared me away almost $50 USD. I'm having second thoughts though and might pick it up later. I'll also have to get the mongoose traveller if I want to play though.
If you really like 2300AD as I do, then I recommend it as its the only game in town. The author has many supplements planned with the first two do out in the the next month or so. Unfortunately, the book has numerous errors and isn't all that attractive. Given the price tag I expected something like the Eclipse Phase core book, which is really well done. Instead its B&W and rather unsparing. This seems to be Mongoose's MO for most Traveller books. Also, I'm not a fan of the Traveller rules but finding decent GURPS conversions is easy.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-26-2021, 12:11 PM

A 2nd edition of Mongoose 2300 (M2300AD? 2300MAD?) is underway: http://forum.mongoosepublishing.com/...?f=89&t=122962
Old 06-30-2022, 01:21 PM

Picked the 2300 and Traveller a couple of weeks ago, not had a chance to read through them yet (still waiting for eye surgery from 2.5 years ago...).