RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2008, 03:11 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default Campy Cold War Fun

Raellus 05-24-2008, 04:36 PM Just saw the new Indiana Jones flick and I must say that I enjoyed it. I grew up on the original trilogy and I was worried that Lucas had butchered it like he butchered the second Star Wars trilogy with the latest installment but I was pleasantly surprised. It's not high art or anything but it was a fun way to spend a couple of hours on a Saturday afternoon.

It did a good job of capturing that early Cold War hysteria. It brought back those childhood memories of the Red bogeyman and got me pumped for some good ol' anti-Soviet T2K action.

Check it out.

Matt Wiser 05-24-2008, 07:58 PM Haven't seen it yet, but did you notice the news stories about the Russian Communist Party howling with anger about the movie? They're so angry about how the Commies are portrayed in the flick that they want Russia to ban the movie.

SongofWar 05-25-2008, 10:30 AM The storyline is a little bit....other than what I expected, but it's an entertaining movie nonetheless, and it does capture a certain cold war feel, especially in the first half.

Grimace 05-25-2008, 05:13 PM Yeah, it was entertaining. Not the best of the lot, but good. It was good to see Indy one last time, as I don't think we'll see him again in the fedora and jacket.

Tags
movies