RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 02-15-2012, 03:16 AM

Default Twilight 2013 Weapon Stats

By any chance does anyone have a file of any of the other sets of weapon stats that were created/compiled on the T2013 forum but which are now inaccessible? If they do I would be extremely grateful if they could either post them here or PM them to me.

Thanks.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:25 AM
The end is nigh!!!

You can get them at DriveThru RPG. com
Old 02-15-2012, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnwolf View Post
You can get them at DriveThru RPG. com
Ah - you've misunderstood me.

I don't mean the official small arms books that you can still buy as PDFs - I'm meaning the details of all the weapons that aren't covered in those books that were created by fans on the T2013 forum and posted in a central thread after being approved by the game designers (if my memory is correct).

For example I don't believe that the stats for the M-60E3 are anywhere in any of the books and someone made up the following set:

M-60E3
Round: 7.62x51mm
Feed: 100 (bt)
Dam: 8
Pen: x2/x3
Range: M/EX
ROF: B6/B12
Speed: 5/7/10
Recoil: 6
Bulk: 5
Weight: 10.2 kg
Notes: vertical grip (inc. in stats) and bipod.

Does that make more sense now? Sorry for any confusion.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:37 PM

Looks like good stuff, how many weapons had they cranked out like this?
Old 02-15-2012, 04:06 PM

You might find some of those weapons statted over at Paul's website, www.pmulcahy.com

I'm pretty sure he's got stats for almost every weapon that exists on the planet over at that site.
"The use of force is always an answer to problems. Whether or not it's a satisfactory answer depends on a number of things, not least the personality of the person making the determination. Force isn't an attractive answer, though. I would not be true to myself or to the people I served with in 1970 if I did not make that realization clear."
— David Drake
Old 02-15-2012, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kota1342000 View Post
Looks like good stuff, how many weapons had they cranked out like this?
Loads - I just wish that I had made a record of them!
Old 02-15-2012, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schone23666 View Post
You might find some of those weapons statted over at Paul's website, www.pmulcahy.com

I'm pretty sure he's got stats for almost every weapon that exists on the planet over at that site.
Thanks - Paul's site is fantastic but his stats are all for Twilight 2000 v2.2 I believe and I'm really after stats for the Twilight 2013 system, though Paul's site will be extremely useful if I have to make any up!
Old 02-15-2012, 06:26 PM
This Sourcebook Kills Fascists

Most or all of the weapon stats I posted on the old forums are linked from my sig file ("Rules Addendum"). I don't recall a lot of fan-submitted weapon stats being posted before Keith terminated our business relationship, but I can try to stat out a few things for you if you give me a list.

- C.

Author of The Pacific Northwest, coauthor of Tara Romaneasca, creator of several other free Twilight: 2000 and Twilight: 2013 resources, and curator of an intermittent gaming blog.

It rarely takes more than a page to recognize that you're in the presence of someone who can write, but it only takes a sentence to know you're dealing with someone who can't.
- Josh Olson
Old 02-16-2012, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegyrius View Post
I don't recall a lot of fan-submitted weapon stats being posted before Keith terminated our business relationship, but I can try to stat out a few things for you if you give me a list.
I will take you up on that generous offer, sir!

For starters, please do the FGM-148 Javelin and the Mk.47 AGL. And if you're still feeling generous (or bored) after those, the following small arms:

AN-94
FN F2000
FN P90
FN Five-seveN
Remington 700 XCR Tactical in .300 WM

Thanks!

Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't.

Last edited by ShadoWarrior; 02-16-2012 at 12:47 AM.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Most or all of the weapon stats I posted on the old forums are linked from my sig file ("Rules Addendum"). I don't recall a lot of fan-submitted weapon stats being posted before Keith terminated our business relationship, but I can try to stat out a few things for you if you give me a list.

- C.
Ah - maybe I'm misremembering fan-submitted weapon stats as requests for stats that you kindly detailed and then collated in the rules addendum.

Thanks for the offer though - it's most appreciated and I'll certainly take you up on it. The key ones to start with are the Mk 48 Mod 0 and the Mk 48 Mod 1 machineguns. I don't think that they're in any of the published books but if they are then please point me in the right direction and I'll go and look them up there.

Thanks again.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWarrior View Post
I will take you up on that generous offer, sir!

For starters, please do the FGM-148 Javelin and the Mk.47 AGL. And if you're still feeling generous (or bored) after those, the following small arms:

AN-94
FN F2000
FN P90
FN Five-seveN
Remington 700 XCR Tactical in .300 WM
The P90 and the Five-seveN are in the core rulebook, as is the Mk. 47.

The Remington 700 XCR Tactical in the .300 WinMag chambering is a pretty close match for the generic .300 Winchester Magnum hunting rifle in the core rulebook. This is unsurprising, as I think I used the Remington 700 for the baseline for several of the generic hunting rifles. The XCR's weight is a touch higher, at 3.6 kg, but that doesn't force a Recoil recalculation.

FGM-148 Javelin (ATGM)

Launcher (Control Unit)
Speed: 6/9/14
Bulk: 6
Weight: 6.4 kg
Barter Value: GG13,750
"Street" Price: $110,000

Ammo (Missile + Launch Tube)
Range: Open/Extreme+1
Damage: 140
Explosion/Effects: Radius 16m, Blast 16, Frag 1
Weight: 15.4 kg
Barter Value: GG4,000
"Street" Price: $40,000

The Javelin's "launcher" is a control unit that attaches to a single-use launch tube. The control unit has a telescopic (Mag-2) sight and a variable magnification (Mag-2 to Mag-3) thermal sight. It draws power from a rechargeable battery (included; spares are 1 kg each).

The missile carries a tandem HEAT warhead and features fire-and-forget guidance (see Driver's Guide: Czech Your Engine). It cannot be fired at targets within Tight or closer range due to the warhead's minimum arming distance. In addition to standard attacks, it can be fired in top-attack mode. This applies a -3 attack penalty. If the attack succeeds, roll 1d6 for hit location: 1-3 turret, 4-6 hull. Use the rear armor value of the affected location, regardless of the facing from which the attack originated.

AN-94 (Assault Rifle)

Caliber: 5.45x39mm
Capacity: 30 (standard AK-74 magazines)
Damage: 6
Penetration: x2/x3
Stage III Ballistics: 5.45x39mm (carbine barrel)
Range: Medium/Sniping
ROF: S/B2/B5
Speed: 3/5/7
Recoil: 4
Bulk: 3
Weight: 3.9 kg
Barter Value: GG300
Street Price: $6,000

Quirk (Unreliable 1): For the purposes of triggering breakdowns, the AN-94’s Wear is considered to be 2 higher than its actual value. This does not apply to a like-new (Wear 0) gun.

Quirk (Needle Burst): When fired in its B2 burst mode, the AN-94's Recoil doesn't increase and it doesn't gain the standard burst fire attack bonus. When fired in its B5 burst mode, the AN-94's Recoil increases by only 3, but it only gains a +2 burst fire attack bonus. In either case, when determining additional hits from the burst, roll a different-colored die for the second (and only the second) bullet fired and subtract 1 from the die result.

FN F2000 (Assault Rifle)

Caliber: 5.56x45mm
Capacity: STANAG, but the weapon's design accommodates only 30-round magazines
Stage III Ballistics: 5.56x45mm (carbine barrel)
Range: Tight/Open
ROF: S/B5
Speed: 3/4/6
Recoil: 5
Weight: 3.6 kg
Barter Value: GG750
Street Price: $2,000

Quirk (Bullpup): Reloading the F2000 takes twice as many ticks as normal.

The F2000's standard optic is a Mag-1 telescopic sight. Removing it knocks off 0.3 kg of weight and allows the mounting of a different optic. I'll need to do some digging on the grenade launcher optic.

The civilian FS2000 is the same gun without burst fire. Street price $1,400, BV GG280.

Author of The Pacific Northwest, coauthor of Tara Romaneasca, creator of several other free Twilight: 2000 and Twilight: 2013 resources, and curator of an intermittent gaming blog.

It rarely takes more than a page to recognize that you're in the presence of someone who can write, but it only takes a sentence to know you're dealing with someone who can't.
- Josh Olson
Old 02-16-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahatatain View Post
Ah - maybe I'm misremembering fan-submitted weapon stats as requests for stats that you kindly detailed and then collated in the rules addendum.
Oh, there was a huge thread of requests. I just wasn't statting out many of them because, at the time, it would've interfered with product plans for future supplements.

Quote:
Thanks for the offer though - it's most appreciated and I'll certainly take you up on it. The key ones to start with are the Mk 48 Mod 0 and the Mk 48 Mod 1 machineguns. I don't think that they're in any of the published books but if they are then please point me in the right direction and I'll go and look them up there.
As far as I can tell from a quick check, the primary difference between the two is a few ounces of weight and different cyclic rates. They look pretty similar:

FN Mk. 48 (Squad Automatic Weapon)

Caliber: 7.62x51mm
Capacity: belt
Damage: 8
Stage III Ballistics: 7.62x51mm
ROF: B5/B9 for Mod 0; B5/B10 for Mod 1
Speed: 4/6/9
Bulk: 4
Weight: 8.4 kg for Mod 0; 8.3 kg for Mod 1
Barter Value: GG2,800
Street Price: $11,200

(I'm classifying the Mk. 48 as a SAW rather than a GPMG because it seems to be treated as a SAW in deployment and doctrine. Really, I'm rethinking the whole SAW/GPMG game classification based on some conversations elsenet, but that's neither here nor there.)

- Josh Olson
Old 02-16-2012, 05:27 PM

Quote:
The P90 and the Five-seveN are in the core rulebook, as is the Mk. 47.
Sorry about that. I obviously didn't have my book (PDF) open when I too-hurriedly wrote that.

Thanks for all of the stat blocks. There are several differences between yours and the ones that I did up for my game, so I'm very glad that I asked.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:35 PM
Resident Medic, Crazy Finn

I made the following stats for the most modern manufactured version Finnish Defence Forces assault rifle for an online campaign that never took off properly. I also made the Mk.48, which was pretty close to what Tegyrius also wrote up.

Rynnäkkökivääri M95TP (Assault Rifle Model 95 Folding Stock)

The most modern version of the Finnish Defence Forces assault rifle, which is a copy of the Kalashnikov AK-47 (and some consider it the best copy of the old classic). With about 20,000 units produced, it is mostly used by the Rapid Deployment Forces units of the Finnish Army as well as the Finnish Special Forces.

The common troops version has a rail on the left side of the rifle's hull, which can mount a pedestal for various optics. The Special Forces have mounting rails on the top of the reciever as well as on the barrel for a number of different tactical accessories like laser sights, tactical lights and so on. Both versions are capable of firing rifle grenades unlike the earlier models of the rifle. The military versions also have tritium-ampules fitted in their iron sights, which gives them a theoretical night-fighting ability, though passive night vision sights are commonly available.

A semi-automatic civilian model, the M92S, is available in both 7.62x39mm and 5.56x45mm.

Caliber: 7.62x39mm
Damage: 7
Range: M/S
Rate of Fire: S/B4
Recoil: 7
Bulk: 2/3 (stock folded/unfolded)
Weight: 3,7kg
Capacity: 30
Magazine Weight: 0,8kg
Folding stock, Night Sights (tritium), Mounting Rails
Old 02-18-2012, 10:37 AM

I can't argue with any of those numbers. The extra features are nice, but the core system is still an AK.

- C.

- Josh Olson
Old 02-18-2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:
I can't argue with any of those numbers. The extra features are nice, but the core system is still an AK.

- C.
Very true, Clayton, though there's a number of improvements, especially in the m/95 - an improved charging handle, an improved safety switch which makes operating it a bit easier even if you don't have very long fingers, a selector switch for the gas blowback system to allow firing of rifle grenades and so on. The ability to fire rifle grenades is not used, though, since the Army bought a pile of HK69A1 grenade launchers (designated as 40 KRPIST 2002). And I must add, the 5.56mm round would not do in the Finnish terrain - too much underbrush, trees and leaves hanging in the way. The 7.62mm round, being heavier, fares much better.

All the Finnish designations for weapons follow the particular formula Caliber Abbreviation Year (Special Property), so the correct designation for the m/95 would be, of course 7.62 RK 95TP, which means 7.62mm Assault Rifle (rynnäkkökivääri in Finnish) 95 Folding Stock (taittoperä in Finnish). The earlier version of the assault rifle would be 7.62 RK 62 or 76, depending on from which batch it came from. Even the artillery pieces are designated like that - for an example the Vammas 155mm field gun from 1998 is 155 K 98 (K stands for kanuuna=cannon).
Old 02-18-2012, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic View Post
Very true, Clayton, though there's a number of improvements, especially in the m/95 - an improved charging handle, an improved safety switch which makes operating it a bit easier even if you don't have very long fingers, a selector switch for the gas blowback system to allow firing of rifle grenades and so on.
Oh, I agree. I've seen a number of articles and books cite the Finnish rifles as the ultimate evolution of the AK. But in terms of a stat block, none of those refinements affect the basic ballistics, speed, and handling. Ergonomics tend not to be reflected in Reflex equipment modeling (bullpup layout being an exception because it is such a fundamental shift in balance and overall length).

Quote:
All the Finnish designations for weapons follow the particular formula Caliber Abbreviation Year (Special Property), so the correct designation for the m/95 would be, of course 7.62 RK 95TP, which means 7.62mm Assault Rifle (rynnäkkökivääri in Finnish) 95 Folding Stock (taittoperä in Finnish). The earlier version of the assault rifle would be 7.62 RK 62 or 76, depending on from which batch it came from. Even the artillery pieces are designated like that - for an example the Vammas 155mm field gun from 1998 is 155 K 98 (K stands for kanuuna=cannon).
I like consistent systems. How much of the full designation is used in normal conversation? Is "m/95" typical, with just the year of adoption being stated?

- C.

- Josh Olson
Old 02-18-2012, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Oh, I agree. I've seen a number of articles and books cite the Finnish rifles as the ultimate evolution of the AK. But in terms of a stat block, none of those refinements affect the basic ballistics, speed, and handling. Ergonomics tend not to be reflected in Reflex equipment modeling (bullpup layout being an exception because it is such a fundamental shift in balance and overall length).
Yes, that is quite right. A number of foreigners I know, who have had the chance to try the Finnish rifles have been astonished because as far as I've understood, even though AK is a very good weapon, it did have a lousy reputation in the west during the cold war - at least among those who have not actually encountered it in person. There was a test batch of M/82 assault rifles that were built bullpup, but they were not very efficient and never got in to full fledged production. They had been planned for the paratroopers, but caused a number of facial and dental injuries upon test jumps and the sights were lousy. To avoid having the sights very high above the actual weapon, the sights were on the left side of the rifle, which made it practically impossible for a left-handed user to fire and very difficult to adjust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegyrius
I like consistent systems. How much of the full designation is used in normal conversation? Is "m/95" typical, with just the year of adoption being stated?
When talking about assault rifles, if you ask a Finnish soldier, they call it RK, which is short for rynnäkkökivääri. If they want to distinguish different models of the RK, they'll say RK62 or RK95 - there is the RK76, but it's practically just a bit differently manufactured M/62, so people use the 62.

In general, all the gear in Finnish Defence Forces has the year of adoption planted in the name for logistics. For an example, I have both M/95 and M/05 field uniforms in my closet. The M stands for malli (= model). If everyone knows what piece of equipment you are talking about, then you can just drop the prefix and use the year.

Of course, some of the equipment isn't listed like that - for an example the old radio transreciever, designated in Finland as LV217 (it's actually the U.S. AN/PRC-77 built by Nokia in Finland under a license) is Lähetinvastaanotin (=transreciever) model 217 (and don't ask me where the 217 came from). It's lovingly called 'venttiseiska' (= Blackjack Seven) by it's (overburdened) users, in which I actually counted myself when I was in conscript service. There was already a model of it by then, the 217M, modernized by Nokia - the 217M is also being phased out already in favour of digital radios. Also, mounting a 6/30W booster on it turns it in to a brigade-level radio, LV317 or 317M.

Last edited by Medic; 02-18-2012 at 01:31 PM.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:50 PM

Quote:
FN Mk. 48 (Squad Automatic Weapon)

Caliber: 7.62x51mm
Capacity: belt
Damage: 8
Stage III Ballistics: 7.62x51mm
ROF: B5/B9 for Mod 0; B5/B10 for Mod 1
Speed: 4/6/9
Bulk: 4
Weight: 8.4 kg for Mod 0; 8.3 kg for Mod 1
Barter Value: GG2,800
Street Price: $11,200

(I'm classifying the Mk. 48 as a SAW rather than a GPMG because it seems to be treated as a SAW in deployment and doctrine. Really, I'm rethinking the whole SAW/GPMG game classification based on some conversations elsenet, but that's neither here nor there.)
Thanks for this - most appreciated.

Two further questions for you (hopefully you don't mind me picking your brain with this). Firstly am I right in thinking that in terms of game mechanics the HK-416 is the same as the M4A1?

Secondly do the following set of stats for the Zastava M21 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zastava_M21) sound right:

Zastava M21

Calibre: 5.56x45mm
Weight: 3.85kg

Thanks for your help with this.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:44 PM
The Stat Guy

I wold love to have Excel spreadsheets for weapon and vehicle creation in T2K13. Someone made some for me for use with T2K 2.2. My personal Excel-Fu in nonexistent, and I can't even fix or add to the spreadsheets I have except by organized fudging. Anyone out there with high Excel-fu belts able to help me out?

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com
Old 02-18-2012, 11:33 PM
Internet Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b View Post
I wold love to have Excel spreadsheets for weapon and vehicle creation in T2K13. Someone made some for me for use with T2K 2.2. My personal Excel-Fu in nonexistent, and I can't even fix or add to the spreadsheets I have except by organized fudging. Anyone out there with high Excel-fu belts able to help me out?
I use Excel quite a bit for work. What do you need to do?
Old 02-19-2012, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmySGT. View Post
If I may offer my (albeit limited) assistance here, the main things you'd need to start with for the weapons creation spreadsheets would be a bunch of drop-down tables to reference to, and access to (or being able to reverse-engineer) the algorithms that the designers themselves used to create their T2013 weapon stats. In the latter regard I think Tegyrius' knowledge would be invaluable, but that knowledge may also be proprietary commercial information.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:28 AM

Though not requested, I decided to give a shot in creating another Finnish weapon for 2013.

7.62 KvKK 62

The Finnish light machinegun, now being phased out in the favour of heavier PKM machinegun. It, like the PKM, is used as a SAW and imbedded in every infantry squad. While frontline troops have already been equiped with the PKM, second line of reservists still field this very fast firing and accurate weapon.

The operation is mostly copied from the Czech vz. 52 machinegun. The weapon has no quick-changee barrel, but the hard-chromed barrel can withstand a huge volume of fire before heating up to a degree where it starts to bend (this has been tested by the author ). It has a very high rate of sustainable fire, around 1000-1100 rounds per minute, but individuals with experience with the weapon can actually use it to fire single shots (single shots posible by the decree of the GM).

The weapon has an integrated bipod as well as a carrying handle on the top as well as a suspender styled dual sling that allows stowing the weapon on the back like a rucksack (usefulness can be debated) and the cleaning rod is mounted on the side of the buttstock. For logistical purposes the KvKK, short for Kevyt Konekivääri (=light machinegun), uses the same 7.62x39mm cartridge as the Finnish assault rifle, which allows the squad to allocate ammo for the machinegun from it's own internal stores (and by the time of it's creation, from the most probable enemy, the USSR).

Many of those, who have gotten to handle and fire this weapon learn three or four things very quickly. First, the weapon is very, very accurate. Second, when assembling the weapon after cleaning it, be careful whe attaching the upper reciever to the lower, or you lose some skin as the parts slide in place and the recoil spring and rod asembly can be screwed in to place so that the weapon can neither be loaded or fired. Third, when firing blanks or weaker charges than the normal combat round (the Soviet/Russian M43), the heavy bolt assembly will not far enough to recharge the weapon and thus causing jams. Fourth thing is that the trigger assembly in the older weapons will most probably fail at some point, causing the weapon to cyclic through the remaining belt unless the gunner grasps the belt and yanks it, causing a missfeed.

Caliber 7.62x39mm
Capacity 100
Damage 7
Penetration x2/x3
Range M/S
Rate of Fire B4/B14
Speed 4/6/9
Recoil 6
Bulk 5
Weight 8.5kg
Barter Value GG1,300
Street Price $4,400

Stage III quirks:

Quirky Trigger: Once the Wear-value of the weapon reaches 6 or higher, roll twice for malfunctions with the latter roll recieving +1 to the actual Wear-value. If the second roll fails, the weapon enters in a 'wild fire'-condition, emptying the remaining rounds on the belt at the highest possible rate of fire, unless the gunner uses an action to stop it by yanking the belt. The trigger spring must be replaced after this, either by cannibalizing or manufacturing a new one.

Cold Tolerance: Built on standards to allow reliable operation in the Finnish climate, the weapons maintenance requirements are not raised by cold weather and extreme cold is treated like cold.

Last edited by Medic; 02-22-2012 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Removed a typo.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahatatain View Post
Thanks for this - most appreciated.

Two further questions for you (hopefully you don't mind me picking your brain with this). Firstly am I right in thinking that in terms of game mechanics the HK-416 is the same as the M4A1?
Close enough for government work. For more precision, I believe Justin gave it an entry in Shooter's Guide: Sweet Sixteen.

Quote:
Secondly do the following set of stats for the Zastava M21 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zastava_M21) sound right:

Zastava M21

Thanks for your help with this.
Its cyclic rate is closer to B4 than B5, and I think that combination of barrel length and sight radius would give it carbine range bands (Tight/Open). Otherwise, that looks about right.

- C.

- Josh Olson
Old 02-19-2012, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Targan View Post
If I may offer my (albeit limited) assistance here, the main things you'd need to start with for the weapons creation spreadsheets would be a bunch of drop-down tables to reference to, and access to (or being able to reverse-engineer) the algorithms that the designers themselves used to create their T2013 weapon stats. In the latter regard I think Tegyrius' knowledge would be invaluable, but that knowledge may also be proprietary commercial information.
Two items here.

First, Targan is unfortunately correct (it's not usually unfortunate that he's correct, just unfortunate in this instance). The ballistics formula and other design bible material are proprietary parts of the Reflex System. After 93GS ceased operations, ownership of Reflex reverted to Keith. While RPG.net wisdom is that you can't copyright game mechanics, I'm hesitant to test that beyond my own very limited (and "fair use") forays into supporting the remnants of the fan base. I'm even more hesitant about any action that would undermine any weapon- or vehicle-oriented products that a future owner of Reflex might want to release. I'm aware of four fans or fan groups who've attempted to contact Keith to secure the rights to the system, so that is still a going concern.

Second, a confession: the actual use of formulae, as opposed to guidelines and polite suggestions, is pretty limited. The ballistic characteristics themselves are the result of a formula Justin Stodola produced after I gave him a range of desired effects (which were, in turn, based on expected wound thresholds) and asked him to give me a ballistics calculator that produced those results for solid projectiles. We use the same formula for everything from .22 LR to 125mm tank rounds, albeit with some reducing constants applied for anything above the heavy machine gun class of ammo.

Values for body armor and light vehicle armor, in turn, are "engineered" off of the ballistic values, based on real-world performance. This is why one of my last actions as a member of the design team was to release a major erratum to vehicle armor values - I initially failed to do that for vehicles and we had a problem with battle rifles being able to take out MBTs with lucky hits. As several fans have inferred since, the original vehicle AVs in the core book, as well as those for MBTs and similarly heavy armor, use the same equivalencies that GDW used for the 2.0/2.2 rules.

For the rest of the small arms creation, a couple of other lesser formulas exist, but just as much of it involves comparing real-world performance data to established guidelines and going, "enhh, looks right in this light."

Sorry, guys. I know it's not the answer you were hoping for but it's the best one I can give at this time.

- C.

- Josh Olson

Last edited by Tegyrius; 04-08-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Close enough for government work. For more precision, I believe Justin gave it an entry in Shooter's Guide: Sweet Sixteen.
Tegyrius,

Thanks for the info. I've now bought Shooter's Guide: Sweet Sixteen as I didn't realise that the HK416 was in there. It also has M110 SASS rifle in it which I also wanted.

Quote:
Its cyclic rate is closer to B4 than B5, and I think that combination of barrel length and sight radius would give it carbine range bands (Tight/Open). Otherwise, that looks about right.
That's interesting about the barrel length and sight radius. The revised set of stats for the Zastava M21 are therefore as follows:

Zastava M21

Range: Tight/Open
ROF: S/B4

The M21 has a barrel length of 460 mm (18.1") but there are two other versions, the M21S, which appears to be their carbine version and has a barrel length of 375 mm (14.8") and the M21A, which is an SMG version and has a barrel length of 325 mm (12.8"). Therefore do the following stats make sense for them?

Zastava M21S

Range: Tight/Medium
Weight: 3.8kg

Zastava M21A

Range: CQB/Medium
Speed: 3/5/6
Bulk: 2
Weight: 3.59kg

Thanks again for your help with this.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:59 PM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmySGT. View Post
I should probably start by emailing you the spreadsheets I have (which the author himself said were imperfect, but they are useable if used right), so you can get an idea of what I need.

You know, I don't know why I can't learn to use Excel better. I'm pretty good with Access -- it can't be much harder.

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com
Old 02-23-2012, 02:09 AM

Excel is easier to learn to use than Access. And there are more self-help books for it.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:31 PM

Hey Tegyrius. Earlydawn here, from the 93 Games forums.

I was wondering if you could stat out a couple systems for me.

Magpul's Personal Defense Rifle

I'm assuming that I could just stat this out as a 10-inch M4 carbine, but I know you said that bullpups get some kind of revalued speeds on account of ergonomics.

Shoulder-launched Multipurpose Assault Weapon

I'm curious as to how this stacks up against the Carl Gustav. I think it's shorter ranged. The CG can supposedly reach out to 1,000m now with rocket assisted rounds. How would one work the integral spotting rifle into the rules?

As a bonus request, I've got a lot of people by me who have been playing Battlefield 3, so I'm sure I'm going to get some requests for flechette shells. I know these designs never really went anywhere for for shotguns, but if it did, how would you stat them out?

Thanks!
Old 08-11-2015, 09:06 PM

Mahatain, I found what you were looking for from the old 93 games forum. I do not know if these are official or not but I must have thought they were good because I saved them. They are in the GUNSTRAVAGANZA document below.

Also did any of you, Paul or ArmySGT. especially, ever get the formulas worked out for the Excel Weapon creator? (Tegyrius, I am not expecting a reply. I respect that you are being loyal.) I would like to change or modify my Excel program so that it can stat out small arms for TW2013 as well. If anyone has found anything about the formulas could you guide me in the right direction basically.
Attached Files
File Type: doc GUNSTRAVAGANZA.doc (114.5 KB, 155 views)