RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 07-23-2009, 02:39 AM
...not exactly open casket material

Send a message via MSN to General Pain
Question FBI & CIA + evt: DEA,ATF,CTU ... in T2K

Anybody have idea how these powerplayers would be GMd or played after the bombs fell...

How about black-op groups in the military?

any thoughts my fellow posters?

Any good info about black-op groups are also appreciated

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal..._Investigation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central...ligence_Agency
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bureau_...and_Explosives
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_En...Administration
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counter...Terrorist_Unit (fictional)
Old 07-23-2009, 03:19 AM

Not sure where the two attached documents came from (apologies if they were authored by posters here). Not canon but there are some interesting ideas. I think the Federal Agencies document might be for Delta Green.
Attached Files
File Type: doc THE FBI IN THE YEAR 2000.doc (46.5 KB, 157 views)
File Type: doc US FEDERAL AGENCIES.doc (54.5 KB, 184 views)
Old 07-23-2009, 03:24 AM

These were covered a long time ago by someoneelse. Threfore, what I write here is from memory. I have it somewhere but I'll need time to find it (if someone has it, fell free).

CIA sited mostly with civgog and I like the cannon idea of having DIA taking over.

FBI was stated as being kind of neutral and operating in both civgov and milgov. Nevertheless, it had its central office in Denver and more agent were operating in milgov areas.

DEA I have no real clue. However, I would expect its members and euipments to site with whomever is in charge. Whatever, the agency would be disolved and its agents would have switch mission. I don't expect anyone to care any more about drug traffics except in order to use drugs as weapon of war. We often forget it (and keep it silent today) but drugs were all developped (as they exist today) by western militaries to weaken asian powers. The British favored opium in China, the French used drugs in their conquest of Indochina... Saddly our weapons have been turned against us.

About counter terrorist units, I think that they would continue to exist where they exist, being used in very specific situations. Anyway, these highly specialized groups are very limited in number. IMO they would be uused for highly sensitive special ops.

Then, General, you forgot about two things. I think that Scotland Yard would still be around (even at an international level) while I would count that interpol would maintain some operations. To my surprise I discovered that it was created in 1923. Located in Lyon, it would certainly have survived the war (Lyon was spared) and at least 3 of its international offices could survive (Salvador, Kenya and Thailand). In addition at the time of T2K it was headed by a british. However, it remains only a kind of survey tool and will take little action (if any). By the way I'll be interested in finding about its status during WW2. It had been headed by an Austrian (Oskar Dressler) from 1932 to 1946.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targan View Post
Not sure where the two attached documents came from (apologies if they were authored by posters here). Not canon but there are some interesting ideas. I think the Federal Agencies document might be for Delta Green.
Thanks Targan, these are the one I had in mind.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:02 AM

I doubt if Scotland Yard would have survived. It's the HQ of the Metropolitan Police and as such is an actual location rather than an organisation. It's located in central London, a short walk from Parliament, so would almost certainly have been destroyed when London was nuked.

What you are likely to have surviving is Special Branch (often known as "The Branch"). Whilst the Met's is the largest, each British police force has its own Special Branch. Special Branch is responsible for most anti terror work* and works closely with the Security Service (MI5). (This may have changed in the last few years, but at one point MI5 had no formal powers to arrest anyone, so if MI5 were carrying out an operation where an arrest was likely Special Branch officers would accompany them).

All Special Branch officers are routinely armed; their reputation is such that you don't want to mess with the Branch...if a Special Branch officer came to my house I'd be worried...

There are also Special Branch officers based at major ports and airports, where they liaise with the Immigration authorities.

So there would probably be a number of Special Branch officers operating in the UK at least; I'd imagine they would probably supply "muscle" to MI5 operations as and when required. a lot of these operations would probably be black ops types against the various separatist and marauder groups operating in the UK.

* Above is based on the T2K timeline; I believe there has been some changes to the anti terror structure since 9/11 with special departments being formed for CT work.

Last edited by Rainbow Six; 07-23-2009 at 06:52 AM. Reason: oops...caps lock on by mistake...
Old 07-23-2009, 04:12 AM
...not exactly open casket material

Send a message via MSN to General Pain

I was thinking mainly about the US, but other nations' special branches are also interesting.

HOW about the Foreign Legion?
Old 07-23-2009, 09:12 AM

The foreign legion is only a component of the french army and would definitely have survived.

Currently, it is down to 7700 men but before 1962 it counted no less than 40000 men. I expect that the Legion might expend again in T2K. I wouldn't be surprised to see a number of disbanded units being recreated.
Here is the list of disbanded units:
- 1 REP (Régiment Etranger Parachutiste): 1961.
- 3 REP: 1955.
- 6 REG (Régiment Etranger du Génie): 1999 but replaced by the 1 REG
- 6 REI: 1941.
- RMLE (Régiment de Marche de la Légion Etrangère): became the 3 REI.
- 11 REI: 1940.
- 12 REI: 1940.
- 21, 22 and 23 RMVE (Régiment de Marche de Volontaires Etrangers): 1940.
- 2 REC (Régiment Etranger de Cavalerie): 1962.
- 5 RE (Régiment Etranger): 2000.
- Mounted companies (part of the REI and RE) up to 1950 for the 4 RE.
- 1, 2, 3 and 4 CSPL (Méharistes on camels): 1963.

Currently, I think that it would be easier to recreate a number of units instead of expending the manpower in existing ones.

This, in my opinion could be facilitated by the legion's recruitement rules. Several former professionnal soldiers of other nationalities could be tempted. A previous exemple was that of the post WW2 period when the foreign legion incorporated a fairly large number of Germans from the Wermacht and Waffen-SS.

"Legio Patria Nostra"

Tags
atf, black-op, cia, dea, fbi