RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum

Old 09-15-2015, 07:37 PM

Default PSA

A bunch of people have been talking about and debating prime base, prime base inhabitants, prime base 2, HAAM suits, the Phoenix team, cooperation between MP and the US government, etc. There have been hundreds and hundreds, maybe thousands, of words typed and in the end, unless you are under contract to Timeline to rewrite a module or such, it still comes down to individual preferences for individual campaigns and settings. There is a lot of discussion of material that 99.99% of teams will never encounter in the entire time a particular campaign is played.

If this same ‘thousands of words’, with zest and zeal, had been applied to creating NPC’s, community descriptions, a couple of brief scenarios or encounters where PC’s have to solve a minor problem, etc. that 99.99% of PD’s could drop in and use in their campaign, (almost) everybody benefits. If, for every five posts about the death of PB we had five paragraphs detailing a NPC (with stats), if, for every ten posts about the HAAM suits we had ten paragraphs describing a community, etc. we could have two new NPC’s and two new communities for the MP community to use.

My opinion - create useable content, reduce useless rhetoric.
Old 09-15-2015, 08:10 PM
Internet Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyT0001 View Post
A bunch of people have been talking about and debating prime base, prime base inhabitants, prime base 2, HAAM suits, the Phoenix team, cooperation between MP and the US government, etc. There have been hundreds and hundreds, maybe thousands, of words typed and in the end, unless you are under contract to Timeline to rewrite a module or such, it still comes down to individual preferences for individual campaigns and settings. There is a lot of discussion of material that 99.99% of teams will never encounter in the entire time a particular campaign is played.

If this same ‘thousands of words’, with zest and zeal, had been applied to creating NPC’s, community descriptions, a couple of brief scenarios or encounters where PC’s have to solve a minor problem, etc. that 99.99% of PD’s could drop in and use in their campaign, (almost) everybody benefits. If, for every five posts about the death of PB we had five paragraphs detailing a NPC (with stats), if, for every ten posts about the HAAM suits we had ten paragraphs describing a community, etc. we could have two new NPC’s and two new communities for the MP community to use.

If I am not mistaken... Terry Sofian is in negotiation with Timeline limited to do the rewrite of Prime Base.
Old 09-15-2015, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmySGT. View Post
If I am not mistaken... Terry Sofian is in negotiation with Timeline limited to do the rewrite of Prime Base.
Where did he say that, I missed it?

I know that he claimed to have written the Prime Base Repairman article.

He admits to having been thrown off two MP lists in the old BBS days and that Kevin Dockery once said he was sorry he ever wrote MP due to Terry Sofian.
Old 09-15-2015, 08:38 PM
Internet Intellectual

Quote:

He admits to having been thrown off two MP lists in the old BBS days and that Kevin Dockery once said he was sorry he ever wrote MP due to Terry Sofian.
Wasn't here, it was a casual mention by Chris Garland on his company, Morrow Project, fan page.

Last edited by ArmySGT.; 09-16-2015 at 09:50 AM.
Old 09-15-2015, 08:57 PM
Internet Intellectual

Quote:

So what do you want to talk about? You can start any thread you like and resurrect any thread you wish.

Let's get this party started!
Old 09-16-2015, 06:06 AM

Thumbs down

Quote:

What an interesting way to put things. Long before I was on this forum another person credited me by name with the aurthorship of that article.
Old 09-16-2015, 06:08 AM

Quote:

You are free to ignore any thread you don't need and create any that you wish to discuss. Since I intend upon running Prime Base with my current campaign I do not find discussions about it "useless"
Old 09-17-2015, 10:19 AM

Quote:

That happens, but most here know too much to suspend belief. We need these sessions to aid in that endeavor. We are talking about a game where the .30-30 is rimfire(American Outback). Some errors need hashing out.
Old 09-17-2015, 11:09 AM

Facts are facts and need to be referenced. That is the easier part. The plans and procedures and decisions are a neck of a lot more fuzzy
Old 09-17-2015, 11:11 AM
Internet Intellectual

I think we have beat this to death.

There are some threads for each of the individual modules and one for each encounter group that it never hurts to resurrect.