RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2018, 08:10 PM

Default The 40th Infantry Division

I'd appreciate some feedback or thoughts from others about this unit.

I have a group of players who are interested in playing out the fate of people attached to this unit. I have no copy of Howling Wilderness only the US Army Vehicle Guide. I had been thinking of placing them generally between Bakersfield and Oxnard, the general N-NW area beyond LA.

A few questions I'm wondering about:

1. How insurmountable would it be to have the more rural/country areas produce useful crops?

2. Would it be possible to get a desalinzation plant, power plant and some factories going in any of the smaller urban areas north of LA?

3. With the huge amount of large roads around that area, and fuel being short, would it be reasonable to use scouts using bicycles or horses to avoid unnecessary fuel loss? (I was thinking they could use solar powered or wind up radios to save on batteries) If they used this kind of means they could also observe the roads without having to be on them.

4. If the game began in 2000, what would the numbers of refugees, scavengers and marauders/deserters be like?

5. The number of tanks/light tanks/engineering vehicles is around 24. What numbers are there likely to be for HMMWVs, FAVs, APCs, artillery, helicopters, trucks?