RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2018, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targan View Post
That bumps up prions on the pandemic list. Especially the "hide in the brain" part. A synthetic variant escapes and goes on a world tour.....
DC1's "Darktek" had the Viral Phage, which used bacteria to attack viruses. It was researched in the USSR. Since Kansas is to have some labs for research, perhaps a Russian familiar with the old phage data was there. The PC's could be one of several factions looking for him. The T2K !E "dements" could be victims of such a thing as well.

Well, I will think up something that might inspire a scenario or two.

Last edited by .45cultist; 06-09-2018 at 09:27 AM.
Old 06-11-2018, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .45cultist View Post
That bumps up prions on the pandemic list. Especially the "hide in the brain" part. A synthetic variant escapes and goes on a world tour.....
DC1's "Darktek" had the Viral Phage, which used bacteria to attack viruses. It was researched in the USSR. Since Kansas is to have some labs for research, perhaps a Russian familiar with the old phage data was there. The PC's could be one of several factions looking for him. The T2K !E "dements" could be victims of such a thing as well.

Well, I will think up something that might inspire a scenario or two.
I like it. A little "Dark Detour" now and again keeps things in Twilight2000 interesting (as though WWIII isn't enough of a nightmare).

Last edited by swaghauler; 06-15-2018 at 06:13 PM.
Old 06-11-2018, 09:18 PM

DC3 has a scientist career I can use. I'm thinking of statting every thing and giving three sets of motivations for campaign options. Add a couple of competing expeditions to the mix and go for it.
Old 06-15-2018, 06:14 PM

Quote:
DC3 has a scientist career I can use. I'm thinking of statting every thing and giving three sets of motivations for campaign options. Add a couple of competing expeditions to the mix and go for it.
A man after my own heart.
Old 06-24-2018, 09:19 AM

After re-reading the V2 stats and responses about infected life expectancies.
What if the infected were a feral Typhoid Mary? Damaged survivors who can infect others. As for the next two stages, either there were two variant strains created during the outbreak, or some victims need to roll vs health or relapse, creating the slower types after being ill again. This also raises the specter of infected multiplying the old fashion way.
Old 07-20-2018, 08:12 AM

Default Dr. Anthony Williams

Going with the premise of a bacteria based infected, Genetics is from TNE:

Dr. Anthony Williams
EXP NPC

Driving: 11
First Aid: 13
Genetics: 15
Observation: 12
Physician:13
Russian: 11
Small Arms/ Pistol:10

Pick one motivation package to fit your campaign:

6 Spades, 5 Hearts

3 Spades, 8 Diamonds

Ace Diamonds, 10 Clubs

Dr. Williams will own a 9MMP pistol he bought after receiving threats from radicals at work. He studied the use of phages to target specific bacteria resistant to eradication. Given a lab and time, determined by the GM, He will begin a trial of Phage and Vitamin C on infected.

The PC's securing the good doctor doesn't end the campaign, he needs a lab, specific materials and unharmed infected too!
Old 07-20-2018, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Going with the premise of a bacteria based infected, Genetics is from TNE:

Dr. Anthony Williams
EXP NPC

Driving: 11
First Aid: 13
Genetics: 15
Observation: 12
Physician:13
Russian: 11
Small Arms/ Pistol:10

Pick one motivation package to fit your campaign:

6 Spades, 5 Hearts

3 Spades, 8 Diamonds

Ace Diamonds, 10 Clubs

Dr. Williams will own a 9MMP pistol he bought after receiving threats from radicals at work. He studied the use of phages to target specific bacteria resistant to eradication. Given a lab and time, determined by the GM, He will begin a trial of Phage and Vitamin C on infected.

The PC's securing the good doctor doesn't end the campaign, he needs a lab, specific materials and unharmed infected too!
Yeah this kind of NPC and plotline is very good. Generally in this kind of scenario such NPCs are like 'treasure' to a D&D character; they can accelerate the plotline and establish stuff worth fighting for. As you say this can lead to other adventures on a large or small scale.
Old 07-20-2018, 06:14 PM

Quote:
After re-reading the V2 stats and responses about infected life expectancies.
What if the infected were a feral Typhoid Mary? Damaged survivors who can infect others. As for the next two stages, either there were two variant strains created during the outbreak, or some victims need to roll vs health or relapse, creating the slower types after being ill again. This also raises the specter of infected multiplying the old fashion way.
It does indeed. Thanks for this one, I will add it to the list of mutations or variant strains.