RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Campaign Forums > HQ's T2k Campaign > HQ - General Discussion

Old 03-05-2009, 12:12 PM
Field marshal with an itch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Willies
Now this is flogging a dead horse! The only reason this became a discussion point is some wounded pride. I can see why it stings; it's the GM's choice to hold out the poison cup, but your choice to drink it.
Most of us are in a strange way proud of our characters achievements, and all of us have had to feast upon a not-so delightful meal of camels..
I can eat a camel or two, i just dislike getting served cold camel steak when I directly emphasise sauteed fish

Now, let´s move on. My character gets the soldiers responsible for carrying out the demolition punished for not carrying it through to the letter.

Fieldmarshal DeCorba

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stegger/sets
Old 03-05-2009, 12:42 PM

Default roger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMDeCorba
I can eat a camel or two, i just dislike getting served cold camel steak when I directly emphasise sauteed fish

Now, let´s move on. My character gets the soldiers responsible for carrying out the demolition punished for not carrying it through to the letter.
they rot in the stockades for weeks.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:50 AM

Default Orders

To : Col.DeCorba ,patrol Company 1st.CAl Volunteers.

ORDERS :

1.Coduct reconnaisance along coastal roads /highway 70 km towards the south starting from Eureka barracks.

2.Gather information on nearby settlements.If possible conduct interviews to gather ANY information on "DOGSKULL" gang.

3.ROE: act peacably,do not engane unless in selfdefense.Warning shots to be fired first.Use your own judgement - but apart from "Dog SKULL " gang there is no one considered hostile until proven otherwise.

4. 1st Platoon of of Patrol Coy is awaiting your orders.
Quarter masters company has been notified and is expecting your requisition.

5. Final report to be delivered by 22.09.2019 ( 5 days )
Old 03-06-2009, 07:48 AM

You want to PBM? You should be working on your novel(s)

Fieldmarshal DeCorba

Old 03-06-2009, 03:24 PM

Default no

Quote:
You want to PBM? You should be working on your novel(s)

I am just sending your PC to the front to get his mind of the castle business.

(More a "today this happened thing" .)

Anyways - tha patrol shows there is little control out there beyond smaller groups of survivors and the insular pockets of town etc that are far between.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:24 AM

Just to clarify a point: I didn´t intend to let, or saw any mention of my vehicles being drafted?
Anyway, I organize a fortified recon patrol with JABO support and set out to solve my task.

Fieldmarshal DeCorba

Old 03-13-2009, 02:05 AM

Default vehicles

Quote:
Just to clarify a point: I didn´t intend to let, or saw any mention of my vehicles being drafted?
Anyway, I organize a fortified recon patrol with JABO support and set out to solve my task.

Unless you can field an independent air capability and fuel it ,there is no air support save for absolutely necessary CASEVAC or CAS missions in the event of serious contact due to shortages on fuel and parts.

If you do not field the vehicles the whole idea of using the unit for recce,patrol and qrf missions falls to pieces and your men will be either dispersed among units that have motorized/mechanized capacity ,and the unit disbanded OR the unit disbanded and the men discharged with 2 days worth of pay -AFTER the patrol has been conducted .

Thats up to you.

The vehicles needed to keep your unit within the accepted degree of mechanization/motorization is not ALL of your gear - but I cant rightly say how much right now ,as I havent got that info /your inventory here .

Anyways - the patrol is uneventful as far as going through bandit infested country with ravaged lands and suffering refuges goes .

As stated - there seems to be little or no authority anywheres , but in between the stretches of devestated lands in violent anarchy ,there are pockets or enclaves of people who have organized -like Eureka- on a smaller scale. Some are just a few farmers and a fortified homestead , others are several hundreds in improvised fortifications in the towns along the coast .The size and armament of your patrol ,and the tactical approach wards of most confrontations , but a few snipers take potshots from the hills - just to make you know that the area is contested with and that the last inning hasnt started.

Most people react with cautious suspicion towards you ,followed bu requests for food and aid as soon as it is clear that you have no bad intentions - this time .

No one agrees to any sort of compromise as far as authority goes .They dont open anything fo rinspection and both sides cover eachother mutually while talks are in progress.

The tiresome assignment leaves you sure of one thing as you return :
straightening out this mess will take decades or 50 000 well armed and well supplied men and heavy gear to match deployed instantly .Chasing a band of elusive bandits with military traiing and experience trough the woods up here in the NorthCal - it will be a war with no end .

On the other hand , there is plenty of work for someone in the right business.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headquarters
Unless you can field an independent air capability and fuel it
I´m not sure I follow..
I don´t remember giving away my airplanes or all my fuel? Perhaps I did say something about part of the fuel, but not the planes.
If I understand you correctly, I am expected to supply my vehicles to the Eureka militia without compensation or my men will be dispersed among other units? I don´t remember this part of the negotiations. I am however happy to rent out my property for relatively low rates if that´s the case.
What is the rationale behind either mechanized or dispersed anyway? My conditions were clear when I let my loyal men join the militia as a unit: no dispersion, no mention of vehicular status. And, they can function just fine as unmech. infantry anyway, at least if my training had any impact

Fieldmarshal DeCorba

Old 03-17-2009, 02:01 PM

Default take it or leave it .

Quote:
I´m not sure I follow..
I don´t remember giving away my airplanes or all my fuel? Perhaps I did say something about part of the fuel, but not the planes.
If I understand you correctly, I am expected to supply my vehicles to the Eureka militia without compensation or my men will be dispersed among other units? I don´t remember this part of the negotiations. I am however happy to rent out my property for relatively low rates if that´s the case.
What is the rationale behind either mechanized or dispersed anyway? My conditions were clear when I let my loyal men join the militia as a unit: no dispersion, no mention of vehicular status. And, they can function just fine as unmech. infantry anyway, at least if my training had any impact
Firstly - they made you an offer to join as a unit ,the only mechanized assault unit in the coast ,and the vehicles were supposedlynot part of the deal ?.........ok......

rationale :rations are at a premium -manpower not so much .Your men cant act as a qrf without vehicles.also- isnt it obvious that the council doesnt want any large military organizations other than their own ?

If you will not use your own -there is little else left ,there is no qrf from the san simeon brigade.

I dont remember the vehicles being specifically left out upon your units wholesale enlistment?

Its 2 days pay and discharge papers or report with vehicles as ordered Colonel!

airpower-If you want to back up your assignments with airpower other than what the council agrees to ,it comes out of your own fuel and and your own planes. It is still 100% yours.

any other questions ?
Old 05-22-2009, 02:35 AM
...not exactly open casket material

Send a message via MSN to General Pain
Default season 5 ep 2 update for DeCorba

...........waiting...........

Old 05-28-2009, 05:53 AM

Default ORDERS 27.Setember 2019 ( +7 C* )

To : Col.DeCorba

1.Prepare yourself and 1 section of chosen men for special duty .
2. Your command must be ready to leave within 12 hours.All hands to be present at Militia HQ by 0900hrs tomorrow.
3. Additional equipment will be requisitioned after initial briefing is completed.

That is all.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:22 AM

Default the grey light of a bleak dawn..

The crackling screech from the Paintec ANPRC 77 copy made his hed hurt .He was making desicions on moving platoons and coordinationg vehicles simultanously in a running firefight as well as trying to report to division HQ on the other net that his radionman carried on his back.A series of uncomfortably accurate MG bursts lashed the debris at his back with tracers and lead .A spotter must have seen the antennas bobbing up and down behind the brick ruins and gathered he had found the fattest target .

The firing grew in intensity as more rifles and machineguns joined in . He yelled his cropped-short contact report on the higher net and then binned it ,waiving the radioman down and concentratingt on his company net that he carried himself in his day pack.Hurriedly he ordered the tanks and APCs of 1 and 3 platoon to give covering fire and the mortars to concentrate on the targets in front of his section. The others were to maintain holding position and provide anysupport their line of fire allowed but not to advance .He had seen the "everybody -forward!" type staff officer led attacks before.

A blue-on-blue nightmare that noone took the responsibilty to end before it was too late.

He could hardly hear himself in the radio now , and bulletimpacts around his position were splattering him with plumes of dust and little conceret shards.He ducked down in his hole behind the tattered ,collapsed dry wall and rummaged through his map case.

Typical . At least 4 maps to scour before he had the one with this area on it .The flapping throug maps and folding them over under fire seemed like an absurdity - when had they ever heard of that as an essential combat skill in the academy ?

"What do you know" he muttered bitterly .

The area was covered on two adjacent sheets.Just great .

Mortar shells started pounding the dust around 100 meters out from his position .In the brief flash from the explosion he could see contours of his own armoured vehicles.Grey upshots of dust and smoke from the grenades covered them -obscured them almost totally .Yet they were mowing in there like giant ,ugly beasts .

He tipped the waterhose stopper on his gasmask and sucke don the nipple.caffeinated drinking water slushed into his mouth. He got dry throathed from the yelling and radio chatter - or was the numbing sensation enemy fire gave him also detremential to his saliva production ? He hadnt had that problem in his younger days.But he was getting on a bit -as far as combat troops go.Some of the young bucks in the brigade could run circles around him."Why dont you run a few circles right now you pups " he muttered with a smug grin .

A highly trained body still got shredded by shrapnel same as an aging ,scarred warhorse would.

He looked the map over again .

He would hit them hard after a preparatory barrage and possibly a nice smokescreen had been laid for him to get some MGs into play.Then advance without hesitation on the possible strongpoints and blow them or burn them .If that worked the NDP swine should be falling back or if he was lucky -running for their lives - in short order.
The supporting platoons could easily mow them down and mop up whilst he reorganized his assault teams.
He peered out underthe edge of his kevlar helmet and gauged the status of the rest of the assault team .Takashi was wounded but looked out into nothing with a strange calm .Pain was idling while his trained dog of a soldier was coveringboth their sectors .Typical.

Iron Man was nowhere to be seen ,so he radioed a request for him to be sent up immideatly.QCB was imminent -the weird actor might come in handy.

The rest of them seemed ready to go .He brushed some dust of the mapcase and closed it .
Then he scampered over to the next position and inbetween explosions from the now nearby mortar impacts he said what he would repeat 8 more times down the line that morning :

"here is the plan .."
Old 02-07-2010, 04:28 AM

Default update

SHANDON,CA OCT.11th 0834 hrs TEMP : +2C*

DeCorba was in a bad way.Numerous perforations of his armour and moppsuit were leaking blood .Makeshift and expedient wound dressings could not hold up when conducting a hoigh speed firefight in a CQB enviroment.His every move left a bloodstain on the flor.Bloody gloveprints was on everything he touched.

He felt his head spinning for a moment.His vision loosing color and turning bleak and grey .The combat stims were keeping him up ,and he knew it .

If the buzzing waves of drug induced energy that pulsed through his veins stopped working he would fall unconscious and bleed to death.As it were he was keeping awake and pretty alert .Running on a double dose of stims.

He wondered if he could take more -or if his heart would give out .He had of troopers dropping from cardiac arrest when doing to much stims in a situation with circulatory distress.

The klaxons were damn annoying ."AA-OOO-GAH" over and over .Yes,yes.Impending doom and all .But did it have to be so unpleasant and noisy ?

He hoisted another HE-shell into the cradle on the ammunition elevator and punched the operation buttons.Smearing blood from his wounds as he handled it .The shell was hoiste dto the breach of the howitzer he had captured and aligned itself with the chamber.

"Great".

"Lets see how they like this one ." He staggered up to the firecontrol station and started plonchating the barrel.The bunker-emplacements motorized system hummed as the 155 mm gun swung towards its target some 1100 meters away . A platoon of M3 Paintek apcs ,lining up their HMGs to rake the area around the bunker.

Small drops of blood stained the control surfaces where he was .

"Death before dishonour!"

He chuckled and pulled the mechanical trigger by lanyard-even though a flick swithch was present to fire electronically.

A massive bang as the discharge sent the shell whizzing away.A muzzle blast that whipped up a huge cloud of dust.

It canceled out the klaxons with their blaring warning of doom.

In the target area the APCs were racing away .One of them wasnt .It had been hit squarely and flipped onto its side.Yellow flames were gusting out t hrough hatches and engine compartment.Black smoke bellowing thick towards the sky.

DeCorba swung the massive binoculars over the village and plain beyond it .Everyone was retreating -methodically.

Why ? The had the bunker surriunded.Why widen the encirclement?Unless you for some reason were worried about danger close or blue on blue...
But why would you need more than 1 klick ?

DeCorba started the traverse again .It rotated throug a few empty cradles.Another HE shell came up.

He smiled.

The NDP was getting a taste of their own medicine..

Last edited by headquarters; 02-08-2010 at 02:47 AM.
Old 06-08-2014, 02:52 PM

Default S10E03 Homefront

Outside Eureka Aug. 13th 2020 16 C+ 1600 hrs.

The promising and still somewhat young 2nd. lt. Bennet paced the room of his small cabin ferociously considering his options. In a few hours the column carrying the esteemed leader - the honorable Field Marshall DeCorba ( now nominally a colonel in the 1. Cali Volunteer regiment) would arrive.

The guards had been double-checked and a few chewing outs given for the men who had presented themselves in less than "Fighting Grey" stile - never mind the shortages and the fact that they were recuperating on guard duty after months of bloody running battles up and down Highway 1.

It was not that he was starstruck and feared to meet the man lest he make a fool of himself. He had actually once gotten a nod of approval from him as he fired of a steady stream of fire corrections to a machine gun section at the battle of Barstow in `16 as a young cadet even as mortar rounds came whizzing down all around. They were practically brothers in arms as far as that one went he was pretty sure.

Neither was his post anything but operational and indeed these last 12 hours it had been made nigh on picture perfect - his men swearing as they carried more lumber and rigged deeper and redid the camp paint on the truck. Yes. every gun was polished and oiled to a deadly fire blue sheen.

He had even gotten some of the nice rum out - in a real glass bottle and all and some rabbit stew with actual rabbit and not that powdered Landshrimp protein supplement with venison flavored powdered gravy ( TM ) either.

No. All was well with his command.

Yet he felt uneasy. After all he was going to have to be the one to give the latest intel on the ..developments.

Out in the redwood a few birds started up, startled and screeching. Truck engines were approaching.

Old 06-11-2014, 04:33 PM

developments never sounded quite so ominous before..