RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 07-17-2020, 04:13 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default Administration Status.

All,

I have been a absent administrator for nearly a year, and that absence will probably continue. A small explanation my girlfriend of 13 years passed last year after 3 year battle with stomach cancer.

So I was distracted for a few years and then devastated to the point where all my passions faded. I don't see myself ever coming back at the same level I was at before. To be honest she did not see this site in a good light. She only heard me talk about the interpersonal conflicts and could not see why I wasted energy on maintaining it or defusing personal issues. That makes ever coming back even harder in a way. I kinda feel I have to do everything else she would have wanted me to do before putting much effort into this site.

It was good for me back in the day. I enjoyed the discussions, I enjoyed the research, I enjoyed figuring out problems. But that just doesn't happen anymore. I thank everyone for the good times, but I am probably not going to be a large part of any future discussions. It just isn't there for me.

I know this board needs management. There seems to be a serious "lord of the flies" vibe here without a firm hand.

To try to get things back in line. I have given Administrator privileges to Raeulls and Moderator privileges to Jason Weiser (edit*** , Targan, and Rainbow Six) all of whom I trust fully. (I have removed the other inactive mods, but I am open to returning them if they wish)

"Look at him, Look at him, Raellus is the captain now"

Rae can do anything he wishes to in terms of creating moderator positions, moderating posts and banning users. If you treat him badly and he quits you might poison the whole pond, SO WATCH IT.

I hope things right themselves. Do what you can to help that happen.

Thanks for everything

Kato

Last edited by kato13; 07-17-2020 at 05:20 PM.
Old 07-17-2020, 04:20 PM
This Sourcebook Kills Fascists

Kato, thank you for checking in. I'm sorry for your loss. I hope the community-that-was can be here for you when and if you're ready to return to us.

- C.

Author of The Pacific Northwest, coauthor of Tara Romaneasca, creator of several other free Twilight: 2000 and Twilight: 2013 resources, and curator of an intermittent gaming blog.

It rarely takes more than a page to recognize that you're in the presence of someone who can write, but it only takes a sentence to know you're dealing with someone who can't.
- Josh Olson
Old 07-17-2020, 04:38 PM

Ditto Kato,
Mourn your loss and come back to us when you are ready.

"Red Star, Burning Streets" by Cavalier Books, 2020

https://epochxp.tumblr.com/ - EpochXperience - Contributing Blogger since October 2020. (A Division of SJR Consulting).
Old 07-17-2020, 04:38 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

Added Rainbow Six as another moderator as Rae's request. EDIT*** Re Added Targan as a moderator.

Last edited by kato13; 07-17-2020 at 05:19 PM.
Old 07-17-2020, 06:09 PM
Sabre Ready!

Send a message via AIM to Panther Al

Sad to hear about how things have gone for you Kato - take the time you need, those things always come first.

Proud fan(atic) of the CV90 Series.
Old 07-17-2020, 10:55 PM
Staff Headquarter Weinie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato13 View Post
It was good for me back in the day. I enjoyed the discussions, I enjoyed the research, I enjoyed figuring out problems. But that just doesn't happen anymore. I thank everyone for the good times, but I am probably not going to be a large part of any future discussions. It just isn't there for me
If your heart not in it anymore and close this place down and let someone do it. If no one steps up then it deserves to be closed down. I know you have given up control to others but maybe it time for give it all up, the control, the board, the site all of it. I'm sure we can all find other boards to post on.

Best of Luck
Old 07-18-2020, 01:17 AM
A bad tomato

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcaf_777 View Post
If your heart not in it anymore and close this place down and let someone do it. If no one steps up then it deserves to be closed down. I know you have given up control to others but maybe it time for give it all up, the control, the board, the site all of it. I'm sure we can all find other boards to post on.

Best of Luck
My condolences Kato, I wish the best for you.

Rcaf; We could find other places to post, but this forum is the best repository of T2k on the Internet. There is stuff here that you cannot find anywhere else.
Old 07-18-2020, 02:32 AM
Registered Kraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegyrius View Post
Kato, thank you for checking in. I'm sorry for your loss. I hope the community-that-was can be here for you when and if you're ready to return to us.

- C.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Weiser View Post
Ditto Kato,
Mourn your loss and come back to us when you are ready.
Hey Kato, Teg and Jason said it all.
I can understand your feelings and I, too, wish you all the best.

On a sidenote: Congrats to the old and new mods, keep up the good work.
I would be sad, if this board would vanish. In a way, his is my "home" concerning a game I love.

"IT'S A FREAKIN GAME, PEOPLE!"; Weswood, 5-12-2012
Old 07-18-2020, 06:56 AM

My condolences on your loss kato, if you ever need to chat or just vent, pm me, anytime.

To the new mods, congrats guys, you have my full support.
Old 07-18-2020, 08:44 AM

Apologies, my internet time has been patchy in recent days. I've just caught up on events tonight.

Kato I'm very sorry for your loss and I totally understand why you're doing what you're doing.
Old 07-18-2020, 02:06 PM

Kato, my condolences and prayers.
Old 07-18-2020, 09:51 PM

All the best mate
Old 07-18-2020, 10:18 PM
Banned

All the best to you Kato and appreciate all you have done over the years for the board. You have done an amazing job and will pray for you and your loss - and that one day things will be better for you.
Old 07-19-2020, 12:57 AM

My condolences, Kato. I lost my mom two years ago to cancer and polio complications (she was 70). Take all the time you want and come back refreshed.

Old USMC Adage
Old 07-19-2020, 03:40 AM

So sorry to hear that. My greatest sympathies are with you. I don’t a ton here but I always felt this forum had fair moderators and good discussions. Thanks for being the primary cause for that and I hope you return from time to time.

Benjamin
Old 07-21-2020, 03:23 PM

So very sorry for your loss. I wish I knew what to say other than I wish that hadn’t happened to you.
Old 07-23-2020, 08:22 PM

Kato:

I'm so sorry for your loss my friend. PM me if I can be of ANY help to you at all.

I can honestly say that I too have been distracted for a while now. My Mother passed away after a valiant 10-year battle with cancer on December 19th, 2019 (her 55th wedding anniversary too). My Father is very sick as well (stage 4 Kidney Disease), so I've had to put my forum participation on a back burner lately. There's just not enough time in the day between taking care of my own house and my Father too, so I can sympathize with your situation.
Old 07-25-2020, 04:28 AM

My condolences, Kato.
Old 07-31-2020, 11:18 AM

My condolences for your loss.