RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2010, 11:05 AM

Default aussie road trains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targan View Post
No doubt you would have seen the trains we have here in Western Australia for moving iron ore from the mines to the coast? Multiple big locomotives per train, and each train stretches literally for several kilometres. They don't stop in a great hurry as they carry thousands and thousands of tonnes of ore.
another type - loads of trailers behind a powerful tractor of some sort -was also used by the French in WW1 to bring supplies foreward
Old 03-15-2010, 12:55 PM
Your Friendly 92Y20!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcaf_777 View Post
I just found this on the MP side of the Forum it's a PDF document on the Cadilac-Gage Ranger or Peacekeeper to the USAF.

The Cadillac-Gage Ranger (known as the Peacekeeper with the USAF) was a (4 × 4) APC developed as a private venture to meet an Air Force equirement for a low-cost armored vehicle capable of transporting personnel at a high road speed while still retaining at least some off-road capability. The first Peacekeeper was delivered in April of 1980. By early 1981, 560 vehicles had been ordered by the US Air Force and Navy (most of the Navy vehicles being operated by USMC personnel). By 1994, 708 Ranger (Peacekeeper) APCs had been built for US forces with 20+ vehicles being transferred to Indonesia. In 1996, some of remaining US Navy/USMC Rangers were deployed to Bosnia for operations with (IFOR). By the late 1990s nearly all Peacekeepers-Rangers had been replaced.

I think these would excellent convoy vehicle and with about 560 in CONUS I think quite a few many of them along USAF and USN personel would assinged to convoy duty.
See the v1 US Army Vehicle Guide, color plate E2 and its description in the APC section...
I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Tags
trains