RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2011, 01:50 PM
Internet Intellectual

Default PF 004 Ruins of Chicago

Recon Team G-12C must enter the nightmare world of the ruins of Chicago in order to locate the remains of a once proud University. Within the wreckage of the University there may lie the accumulated knowledge of our World. But also within Chicago are cannibalistic clans; A City Machine; and the enigmatic Fort Morrow. And finally, Recon Team G-12C must stop a war.
Old 11-26-2011, 02:52 PM

A decent campaign game, but be warned!!!! The PD needs to have decent maps of the morass that is Chicago! The module maps are horrible (and why not include a map of Fort Morrow?). You get to meet Snake Eaters.
Old 11-26-2011, 03:01 PM
Internet Intellectual

The maps are a sore point in every MP Module.

Often small, tightly focused on one location. Scale? What is scale? Ha ha ha.

Yes, the PD would be best making their own Maps. One set for the PD and another set for the Team. The Teams Maps always start Pre-War. Which make them precious and useless in equal measure.

I like to make copies of the smaller maps and laminate them. Then these can be marked up with dry erase pens during game play.

The Ranger is a Piece of crap....... IRL and in gameplay. I would give a Team a V-150 APC instead.
Old 11-26-2011, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmySGT. View Post
The maps are a sore point in every MP Module.

Often small, tightly focused on one location. Scale? What is scale? Ha ha ha.

Yes, the PD would be best making their own Maps. One set for the PD and another set for the Team. The Teams Maps always start Pre-War. Which make them precious and useless in equal measure.

I like to make copies of the smaller maps and laminate them. Then these can be marked up with dry erase pens during game play.

The Ranger is a Piece of crap....... IRL and in gameplay. I would give a Team a V-150 APC instead.
Ditto for the XR-311....players should get either V-150s or Hummers!
Old 11-26-2011, 05:33 PM
Internet Intellectual

I will be replacing the XR-311 with the appropriate Humvee model type for the Team and their mission.

MARS / Recon the M1025 / 1026

Science the M998 two or 4 seat

Specialty the M998 or the shelter carrier, the ambulance, etc.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:38 AM

I know a lot of peeps who do not like the XR-311, I actually like it as a good small vehicle, but for the teams, being British - Land Rover.

However, yeah the Ranger here was bad, but it was designed to look more like a city car so that it would not draw too much attention, but in this module, ya do need something a bit beefier.

Mostly a sci-fi nut, who plays a few PC games.
I do some technical and vehicle drawings in my native M20 scale. - http://braden1986.deviantart.com/
Old 11-27-2011, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBraden View Post
I know a lot of peeps who do not like the XR-311, I actually like it as a good small vehicle, but for the teams, being British - Land Rover.

However, yeah the Ranger here was bad, but it was designed to look more like a city car so that it would not draw too much attention, but in this module, ya do need something a bit beefier.
Besides, IF you play Chicago correctly, the team is going to spend more time OUT of the vehicle than in. (Clearing debris to drive, clearing booby traps, clearing evil doers of all types. Probably in that order.)

My $0.02

Mike