RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 03-11-2011, 09:01 AM

Location: Somewhere in the Eastern U.P. on the edge of Civilization.
Default Free Masons...

What would these organization be doing in T2K world.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:49 AM

Speaking as a (long inactive) member of deMolay, knowing what I know, I would have to guess "very little". I think there'd be a core of membership that would try to at the very least help look out for elderly members, and other members they are close with. I think initially they'd try to help in the community, at least with regard to O.E.S., deMolay and Jobe's Daughters families; many lodges I've seen have had extremely well-stocked pantries and facilities. Most of that tends to be event supplies though (canned chili, pickles, condiments, canned vegetables, etc.).

I would guess that like many other places, Lodges would be hit by looters, local governments trying to create their own fiefdoms, emergency services "controlling food supplies for the duration of the emergency" and so on.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketenjagdpanzer View Post
Speaking as a (long inactive) member of deMolay, knowing what I know, I would have to guess "very little". I think there'd be a core of membership that would try to at the very least help look out for elderly members, and other members they are close with. I think initially they'd try to help in the community, at least with regard to O.E.S., deMolay and Jobe's Daughters families; many lodges I've seen have had extremely well-stocked pantries and facilities. Most of that tends to be event supplies though (canned chili, pickles, condiments, canned vegetables, etc.).

I would guess that like many other places, Lodges would be hit by looters, local governments trying to create their own fiefdoms, emergency services "controlling food supplies for the duration of the emergency" and so on.
I don't know. There are several lodges local and I would have never thought they would have food stored there.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:33 PM

You'd run into a similiar situation anywhere there is a Mormon (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) presence. As a cultural practice, Mormons are recommended by their religious leaders to stockpile food (enough to support their sterotypically large families for 1 year) and to have a '72 hour kit' ready at home at all times.