RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2008, 03:28 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default Odd Treasure Troves

Along the lines of Last Voyage of USS RAZORBACK I thought it might be a good idea to post some ideas for odd treasure troves.

The following is a real world example I was exposed to in the mid 90's. On the 34th floor of an office building in downtown Chicago with a room sized safe containing between 201 and 1300 (2d6*100 + d100) high end desktop servers. The servers were being preloaded with software before being shipped to retail automotive repair locations as part of an intranet development.

The status of the servers would of course depend on the Effects of EMP within your game, however I feel the servers would have a reasonable chance of survival for the following reasons.

• They were behind a 2 inch steel door (Combination lock).
  • They were stored without power cords attached.
  • They were resting on wooden shelves (on metal frames)
  • The room itself was shielded from every radio frequency I could test easily. (Pager, walkie talkie, Radio, TV)
  • The room was located in the center of a middle floor, with 20 floors above and 32 floors below. (Might provide protection from a high altitude burst)
  • Other buildings would block line of sight to most low/mid level bursts in the vicinity.

The pre war value of the servers was over 10 million dollars. The post war value would be priceless.

Last edited by kato13; 12-22-2008 at 02:44 AM.

Tags
adventures