RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 07-18-2014, 03:17 PM

Default A Supernatural Twilight 2000 Encounter

Evening all,

Supernatural material usually isn't my thing when it comes to Twilight 2000 - I prefer to keep my T2K based on reality. However in an attempt to try something a bit different, attached is a supernatural type encounter featuring a vampire written for a Polish campaign which you might find to be of some use.

Comments welcome.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf The Wampir.pdf (184.7 KB, 105 views)
Old 07-18-2014, 03:40 PM
Banned

Reminds me of either an Outer Limits or Twiligh Zone episode I saw when they tried to reboot the show of two guys stuck in a control room after a nuclear war and one of them went nuts and went outside and ran into a vampire and his fellow vampires he had converted - with them being the only survivors
Old 07-18-2014, 05:38 PM
Administrator

I generally don't go in for supernatural stuff but I'm impressed by this encounter material. I like it, and if a competent GM ran it, staying faithful to your material, I think I would enjoy rolling with it IC.

I've inserted deviants, cults, cannibals, and axe-murderers into my campaigns but there's always been a scientific explanation for the oddity. One could also modify your Vampire material so that, instead of a supernatural vampire, it could be a disturbed but charismatic figure who believes herself a vampire and enjoys drinking human blood. Perhaps she plays the part so well that the players start to believe her tales are true.

Bottom line is that your material is good stuff. Thanks for sharing it.
Author of Twilight 2000 adventure modules, Rook's Gambit and The Poisoned Chalice, the campaign sourcebook, Korean Peninsula, and co-author of Tara Romaneasca, a campaign sourcebook for Romania, all available for purchase on DriveThruRPG:

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...--Rooks-Gambit
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...ula-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...nia-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...liate_id=61048

Last edited by Raellus; 07-18-2014 at 07:16 PM.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:26 PM

Rainbow Six,

I am normally not one to go with supernatural characters in a T2K environment. This is so well written and the "history" is very understandable and believable.

I just MIGHT have to see where I could fit her into a T2K scenario.

Thanks

My $0.02

Mike
Old 07-19-2014, 12:06 PM

Thanks fellas, supernatural stuff is not something I normally go in for either, but quite enjoyed doing it. (The inspiration was actually a piece Tegyrius put up last year about a "ghost tank").

It's also only the second time (that I can remember) that I've used the first person style for a character bio and I'm finding that I am enjoying it much more than the more normal third person...it allows a lot more creativity.

@Rae, yes, I agree if you don't want to introduce an overtly supernatural element it's quite plausible to change it so that the War has disturbed her to the extent that she genuinely thinks that she is a vampire and others are convinced as well.

Also, for those familiar with my earlier piece on the Swiss Guard, the thought also crossed my mind that both encounters have the potential to involve the Catholic Church, so one can lead into the other. For example it may be the Swiss Guard encounter that first brings the PC's the Church's attention.