RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 12-03-2008, 11:35 AM
Activist Rules Lawyer

Default OT Patrick Swazye from Red Dawn

I don't recall anyone posting this earlier. Patrick Swayze has pancreatic cancer. He's got an uphill battle (my uncle passed from pancreatic cancer 6 months after he was diagnosed)

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies....inst-cancer-ap

Sure, he was in chick flicks like Dirty Dancing and Ghost, but he will always be remembered as Jed Eckhart from Red Dawn.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:37 AM

Yeah, he's in a new TV or cable TV series now, I believe, and damn does he look a bit rough for wear, but pancreatic cancer will do worse than that to you.

Best wishes to him and his family.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:25 PM
Administrator

And don't forget "Uncommon Valor", one of my favorite war flicks as a teen. It actually has held up pretty well for an '80s 'Nam revenge fantasy film.

And then there's "Road House". I think that ass-kicking-fest almost makes up for "Dirty Dancing". And the dude can sing! Check out "She's Like the Wind" from the DD soundtrack. Pure magic.
Author of Twilight 2000 adventure modules, Rook's Gambit and The Poisoned Chalice, the campaign sourcebook, Korean Peninsula, and co-author of Tara Romaneasca, a campaign sourcebook for Romania, all available for purchase on DriveThruRPG:

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...--Rooks-Gambit
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...ula-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...nia-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...liate_id=61048
Old 12-04-2008, 01:25 AM

Pats had cancer for a good while now. In recent days it was reported he was "saying good bye to family" because he was so sick.

Today (depending on your time zone) he said nah, he's all good. Or at least, he's still fighting.

And i think he finished working on a tv script. I forget its name, but the name sounded "good".

On another note, because i didnt want to start a thread just on this. But the old rpghost forum had been getting quieter, this new site went through some days with no new posts. But holly cow, these last few days, i log in and theres like 20 threads (not posts, threads!) that have had new posts in them.

sure, it reads like many posts have been heated exchanges. But at least people are posting again. You know what they say, any news is good news if your names in it, even if its bad news. :-)

Anyway, i'm glad theres multiple threads and posts happening. Must be everyone in the USA on thanks giving holidays or something and having heaps of net time ...

Old 12-04-2008, 01:39 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdusk
On another note, because i didnt want to start a thread just on this. But the old rpghost forum had been getting quieter, this new site went through some days with no new posts. But holly cow, these last few days, i log in and theres like 20 threads (not posts, threads!) that have had new posts in them.

sure, it reads like many posts have been heated exchanges. But at least people are posting again. You know what they say, any news is good news if your names in it, even if its bad news. :-)

I'm glad that things have been lively, even with the drama. We have been averaging about 28 posts a day but yesterday (2008-DEC-03) we had 103. For some reason 2008-NOV-20 we only had 4. Those are the highs and lows (excluding the day I posted 180 or so threads from RPGhost).

I've been meaning to look at those numbers, thanks for giving me the impetus.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:32 AM

The big C has taken a lot of folks, and can be very painful. I work in a home health now, where most clients are elderly, but not all, and there is a high number of cancer patients. To listen to our nurses talk about some of these folks and what they go through.

I had the big-C carved out of me six years ago this month. I was lucky.. No chemo, no radiation, just the cut and slice from groin to belly. The recovery hurt worse than the disease, and after effects were worse until a buddy told me "well it's something you can LIVE with." Sure does help to have good support in times like that. As for Pat saying good bye, well when your in the unknown, it's best to do so, and hope it works for the better, than to never have said so.

Grae