RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2019, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
I’m referring to the newer table top skirmish game. It just came out with a new book “Oil War” which covers armies in the Middle East.

https://www.team-yankee.com/
I knew what game you are talking about, I just did not know that it was popular game. As I have never heard of anyone playing it, any store stocking it, or anything like that. As I was saying even games that are thought of as dead (regardless of if they really are or not) are more "popular" than that active game. At least in my area after you take out the card games (Magic and such) probably the next most popular games are Warhammer, and Battletech, followed by Star Wars Armada.
Old 05-08-2019, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAT View Post
I knew what game you are talking about, I just did not know that it was popular game.
North American Nationals 2017--it's pretty big.
Old 05-08-2019, 12:27 PM

Am a little iffy on "Team Yankee", just because of the copyrights involved. Battlefront is a big enough company to kick our asses, and they're going to want to develop something inhouse. Now, I do know Shawn Carpenter over at AAG, but he's taking a hiatus right now for personal reasons. And...he's not going to want to do this without permission from Marc Miller.

In short, we're going to have to get permission from Marc to do something like this. Not saying we can't do it, but Marc has got to give his blessing.

And here's what I said on my blog: https://500twilight2000.blogspot.com...estion-to.html

"Red Star, Burning Streets" by Cavalier Books, 2020

https://epochxp.tumblr.com/ - EpochXperience - Contributing Blogger since October 2020. (A Division of SJR Consulting).

Last edited by Jason Weiser; 05-10-2019 at 08:54 AM.
Old 05-08-2019, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vihkr View Post
North American Nationals 2017--it's pretty big.
And yet I can not find a game store within two counties that will even order any stuff for it. So yes it may be big in some area, but I do not think it is as popular nation/world wide as you are trying to make it out to be (I could be wrong, as I am just going of what I can see locally). Like I said earlier one of the members of my local group (me) bought some stuff, and after checking out all the game stores around me none of them would even order it as their disputers did not carry it, so I went online. Most of the cheap sites did not have it in stock (maybe because it was popular, but looked more to me like dumping stock as did not even have all the stuff that was available for it). So I ended up having to go and buy it from the company them self. Reading the rules it is a fair to OK game but did not convey the feel I got from the books or the sandbox. Then they closed down their forums and that was the last my local group even tried to get into it. Our thought was if they do not want to support their own games, (let players talk to each other, and ask questions of the company) then we are not going to try the game out, as we assumed (incorrectly it looks like) that, that was a sign they were not going to be supporting the game.

So summing up, it may be popular in some places, it is dead before arrival in mine. Locally, no store would even order it last time I asked, and no one knows anything about it as a game even now.
Old 05-08-2019, 03:02 PM
Banned

"Monk's truck is hit by an RPG! Everyone make a save vs. spells to dive out and take no damage!"

Ok that is funny
Old 05-08-2019, 03:26 PM

Just seen the news of this; be interesting to see how it goes...