RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum

Old 05-08-2020, 11:56 AM

Post A variation of the Project Timeline. Comments, concerns always welcome!

Hey there, so one thing that has sat funny with me was the fact we dont see changes to the Timeline with what the project has come up with and we know thanks to groups like Rich Five were accessible in some capacity. Mind, this is my take on things and will continued to be fleshed out overtime. It also lacks the typical fine tooth c9mb of hard number crunching in favor of broader strokes when looking through the various events that occur. Additionally Im slowly working on a revamp of the economy and faction mechanics to be well, workable though a bit more abstracted than as is. If this isnt kosher please let me know and I'll take it down.

The 'new york' timeline:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...t?usp=drivesdk
Old 05-08-2020, 04:48 PM

Interesting take on events. I really like Morrow's power being batteries rather than cold fusion.

I see you have kept Krell around to be a push. I can't remember if his forces were on Ontario or Erie. Erie even is pushing hard against the canon forces east of him. Are they defeated or not in your history?

The KFS is also very low key in this version, or at least what I would consider low key. Again are they stronger to the south with no need or too many issues to the north to allow or require them to move that way? Or have they yet to develop as strongly as canon?

I would really like to see a series of maps of the various groups you concentrate on, say from New Hampshire to Buffalo, Ontario/Quebec to the bottom of Pennsylvania. Say every 10 years or when significant events or changes happen from 2080 to "present".

Not too far off canon but with enough variation to be viable and interesting.
Old 05-08-2020, 07:14 PM

Part of that has been sticking to what I know. The KFS is actually the bigger power still though most powers are now reduced in efficacy be it through years of breakdowns and need of repairs or simply lost know how.
Krell's forces I've taken a bit of liberty with. They're very much hunting for traces of the Project. Think of their presence as more hunting down traces. It's not the full brunt of their power just a small war band flung ahead to see if its worth preying on.

The various eastern powers I plan some groups such as the postman, nightkin and a couple others are just regional names for existing groups that are more generic. Maps sadly may take awhile as I'm not exactly skilled with computers.
Old 05-08-2020, 08:44 PM

I am not skilled with computers. Just find a suitable map on line and print out a few copies. Mark them up showing groups and locations at differing years. Then scan and post.
Old 05-09-2020, 07:35 AM

That's fair. Hadn't evwn thought of doing it the old fashioned way and then uploading it. Even though I handwrite rough drafts to just about everything!
Old 10-29-2020, 03:18 PM

I advanced the timeline for one game to the nuclear war date being 2025. I found that adding some tech and different geopolitical issues made for more fun. The younger players enjoyed the added tech and geopolitical. I also found it a bit more fun to play.
Old 10-30-2020, 11:07 AM

Yeah, I mean we are seeing right now stuff that makes The Project, a cutting edge technology program feel a bit dated. I aimed to kinda bring a needed tech update with the assumption that the Project figured out our current feats and refined them during the 80's. Which obviously had knock on effects throughout the 90's such as pulling away from oil(which likely means the Mid-east changes a lot as well). But overall tried to keep the beats familiar and the timeline kinda in line with the original game.