RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2011, 07:09 PM

Default Anyone have a MilGov / CovGov org chart?

I've been thumbing through the T2K US modules and am thinking it's time to start a new campaign, picking up where my other one left off with the last remaining player character disembarking Task Force 34 onto a pier in Norfolk VA.

I'm thinking I'll run though all of the US modules I have, stringing them together into some semblance of a story arc with the characters flip-flopping between MilGov and CivGov.

When I started thinking about this type of campaign, I realize that instead of being free agents like they were in Krakow, Vistula, Warsaw, et. al. they'd most probaly be part of some kind of organization with a chain of command and the rest.

So then I start thinking that either I could make the return to Army life unpleasant for them so they'd quit and remain free agents, going through the modules as mercenaries, or I could actually develop an infrastructure that the players could be a part of and thrive in.

I'd like to avoid reinventing the wheel here, so before I start research on what MilGov and CivGov would look like, has anyone done this already and can I have it?

Right now the only player character to survive is a Navy SEAL, but another player has come up with a character concept of a pilot who could basically fly anything (well hello there Airlords Over the Ozarks) - sort of a cross between Murdock from the A-Team and a Nightstalker from the 160th SOAR.

So then maybe all of the players (and whatever NPCs I add to the mix) would be SF types sifted out of the pool of returning tropps from Europe and organized into a general SOCOM troop. Or something.

If this were the case, how would this command be organized under MilGov and would CivGov even have such a thing?