RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2010, 03:49 PM
The end is nigh!!!

Default So what are you doing now?

The troops are home and all the modules are played out.. so what do you do now?

Do you make up your own material? Or replay the previous modules? Or do you go global and figure out how to restart civilization?

Just curious.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:56 PM

Form a core group of Spec Ops/Trainers who work for "Texas Bill Kingsly" (Red Star/Lone Star). Train ranch hands into a military; get Kingsly elected as President of the Republic of Texas; trade the Soviet Division passage home (via ships fueled from the Brownesville refinery) for thier heavy weapons; drive the Mexican Army & gangsters out of the state; secede from the United States.

Not neccesarily in that order.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:20 AM
...not exactly open casket material

Send a message via MSN to General Pain

I would defenantly make up my own material....I must admit I have never played a single modul ever.....atleast in T2K..

...did play some Ravenloft moduls back in the day..
Old 01-14-2010, 07:29 AM

We're barely in the same situation where General is. We've not played a single module of Twilight:2000 in any of its versions, thought all of our games use the v2.2 timeline as a background. Hmmmm...a correction: We've used the "The Free City of Krakow" module but ignoring the "Operation Reset" plot. I think that Twilight:2000 admit a good number of approaches and different points of view. This forum is a good proof of it. For the future I'm planning to use some of the modules once my pre-Kalisz campaign will be over. Actually, one of the reason behind this campaign is to put the group (geographically and chronologically) where the old modules begin.

Beyond this, we've assaulted the Russian parliament as the KGB Alpha Team (a single adventure) and played a long campaign as soviet soldiers fighting to halt the NATO offensive in northern Poland. In the long term, I would like to referee a campaign with the players being Spanish civilians when things in Europe begin to fall apart. A kind of "Jericho" campaign with a nearby city blown up by a nuke, without centralized government, without food supplies or police protection and without all these things that we think we have granted for the rest of our lives.

So, my intention is not to advance far beyond the 2000 in the Twilight timeline, but to explore the same world from a different perspective. This remember me some adventure/campaign plots from a previous thread:http://forum.juhlin.com/showthread.php?t=580
Old 01-14-2010, 07:55 AM

You could try to pick a different region and replay the same timeline. This is what our group did; of course this means everyone needs to re-roll new characters, but there is enough info out there on other regions to run another campaign. My group ran with the RDF Sourcebook for our second go-around, and it was super fun. A huge change of pace with organized military ops and support. We also started an Alaskan campaign, but that fizzled out. There is also the Korean ToW, but info is a bit limited on that one.

I always wanted to run a U.S. based campaign from the start, fighting the Mexican/Soviet invasion.

Have you run the Last Sub series? This three-part series scales up well for use with very experienced player groups.

All That Glitters is one module that a GM could run for a year. There is so much opposition, and so few resources for the players, that it can take a long time to track down the shiny stuff. I remember my players taking about two months (game time) to travel from the Southern tip of Manhattan to Midtown. Fun times!
Old 01-14-2010, 03:03 PM

Poll the players and figure out where they want their characters to "settle down," like the suggestion above in Texas.

I had a player tell me that he had an in-character dream. The group found a shack with a widow & 2 orphans inside. They stayed the night, and in the morning he heard himself say, "I'm staying here." And then he woke up. I had to promise never to insert a shack with a widow & orphans in the game, he was so freaked out.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:14 PM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Pain View Post
I would defenantly make up my own material....I must admit I have never played a single modul ever.....atleast in T2K..
I've never played in a T2K module; it was always home grown stuff. I've tried GMing modules but the players always made them not work in the way intended. In the one time I tried Armies of the Night as a GM, the players were going to enter Manhattan on the GW -- they scoped the island out with binoculars and image intensifiers, and decided to steal a stock car still in running condition, one player promoted himself from Staff Sergeant to Major (he was the group leader anyway) by stealing some rank off a dead soldier, and they left.

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com
Old 01-15-2010, 01:16 PM
The Stat Guy

When I was a player, I played snipers a lot. I liked to "steal other players' kills" by picking the enemy off just as they were about to pull the trigger. I could be such an evil bastard.

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com