RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 07-29-2009, 04:33 PM
The end is nigh!!!

Default Whats for dinner.

Okay kind of a tie in to the zombie thing... but since food is scarce - any rules on the nutritional value of ....ummmm .... human flesh and cannibalism?

Thinking of having the characters stumble upon a utopia ... and they are the special guest... and the main course.... pure gothic horror...
Old 07-29-2009, 05:02 PM

So, let's consider the v2.2 point of view :
  • Each character must eat at least 3 Kg of food every day to remain healthy.
  • Domesticated animals count as 1.5 times this weight...here we have a philosophical debate, but let's consider that we are domesticated animals...So, a character needs 2Kg of human flesh every day...
  • Accordingly to the rules, roughly 30% of the animal's body weight consist of edible meat...So, "standard" group of five characters must consume 1.5Kg x 5 of human meat every day, around 7.5Kg in total...
  • For a victim of 75 Kg, the group will obtain about 22.5 Kg of delicious meat...3days of food...

The best...you don't need to do Survival checks. Just wait for the right roll in the Encounters Table.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:42 PM
The end is nigh!!!

Your a sick sick person... and I am glad to know you!!!
Old 07-29-2009, 08:13 PM
The Stat Guy

And the doctors say I'm mentally ill!

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com
Old 07-29-2009, 08:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

Don't forget that there is a disease that causes your brain fall apart from eating other humans. i just can't remember the name of it at the moment.
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:56 PM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by natehale1971 View Post
Don't forget that there is a disease that causes your brain fall apart from eating other humans. i just can't remember the name of it at the moment.
It's called Kuru, or the Laughing Sickness. The neurons in some parts of the brain misfire, causing spasms of the diaphragm and lungs, which sounds like forced laughter, and it eventually swiss-cheeses your brain. It's possible that it's another disease caused by prions, which are the same screwed-up proteins that cause Mad Cow Disease.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:10 PM

I believe human flesh is lacking in some vital minerals and vitamins (don't recall what though) - the end result being the more you eat, the more you need.
There's a (semi)famous example of an escaped convict here in Tasmania back in the 1800s who, with several others attempted to travel on foot across the then (and mainly still) trackless mountains of the island from the exceptionally rugged west coast.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Pearce

Nothing happens in isolation - it's called "the butterfly effect"

Mors ante pudorem
Old 07-30-2009, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b View Post
It's called Kuru, or the Laughing Sickness. The neurons in some parts of the brain misfire, causing spasms of the diaphragm and lungs, which sounds like forced laughter, and it eventually swiss-cheeses your brain. It's possible that it's another disease caused by prions, which are the same screwed-up proteins that cause Mad Cow Disease.
You are right about that one but you don't get it by eating human flesh. You get it if you eat viscera (Intestin, heart, brain...). Therefore, you take a risk only if you plan to make haggis from human livestocks .

From what I remebered it was studied by an Australian scientist but I don't recall hiss name. Help wanted from the Aussies please.

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/kuru/kuru.htm
Old 07-30-2009, 05:01 AM
...not exactly open casket material

Send a message via MSN to General Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohoender View Post
You are right about that one but you don't get it by eating human flesh. You get it if you eat viscera (Intestin, heart, brain...). Therefore, you take a risk only if you plan to make haggis from human livestocks .

From what I remebered it was studied by an Australian scientist but I don't recall hiss name. Help wanted from the Aussies please.

..and people say I'm weird with the cockroach-idea....
Old 07-30-2009, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Pain View Post
..and people say I'm weird with the cockroach-idea....
No you're not! You need appetizers.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:02 AM
...not exactly open casket material

Send a message via MSN to General Pain
Talking

Quote:
No you're not! You need appetizers.
ahh the french......
Old 07-30-2009, 07:02 AM

Quote:
As the rules said, only 30% must be considered edible...
Old 07-30-2009, 09:55 AM
The Stat Guy

Quote:

Actually, you get Kuru mostly by eating the less-desirable parts of the brain (cerebellum, hindbrain, brain stem) -- the less-tasty parts. That's why Kuru historically affects women more than men -- they're lower on the totem pole as far as food distribution. The Mad Cow reference was simply meant to illustrate that scientists believe that prions are responsible for both -- but in Kuru, the prions are produced by a bacteria.