RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 08-10-2012, 09:43 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Grimace Send a message via AIM to Grimace Send a message via Yahoo to Grimace
Lightbulb Twilight Fanzine

There was some talk about putting out a Twilight Fanzine. We've got enough people here that create material or have information they're willing to share for Twilight games, we could probably do a fanzine for some time.

So I'm going to do my best to put one together. I've had some minor experience with layout, so I can fake it enough to make it modestly passable. I just need content for the fanzine. That falls to you guys!

If you've got an article, an adventure, a bit of info, a new rule, whatever, go ahead and let me know that you're willing to share it and I'll fire off an email you can send the material to. If I get a few pieces I'll work on putting the first issue out.

All you guys who said you'd be willing to donate material...time to man up!
Old 08-10-2012, 10:44 PM

I have questions.

Electron, or dead tree?

Is there a certain ruleset/timeline you want, or can we do any of them and tell you which version its for (v1, 2, 2.2, 2013). For example, I'm running a 2013 campaign right now, I could contribute adventures, NPC's, a bad guy group that other GM's could use in their campaigns, fiction based on our sessions, that kind of thing.

I used to run v2 and 2.2 back in the day, but I can only remember a couple adventures.

Not sure I can really meet deadlines or anything, either, at least not for a while. I have to use the computer at the library or my phone to go online. Internets where I'm staying right now suck. Bad.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:46 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Grimace Send a message via AIM to Grimace Send a message via Yahoo to Grimace

Electron format.

I may also attempt to put it into a format that can be easily printed, but it'll initially be geared for electronic format only.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:00 PM
Administrator

I would like to submit my Operation Proud Lion campaign background for the 173rd BCT in Kenya.

http://forum.juhlin.com/showthread.p...ion+proud+lion

If you decide to put it in the fanzine, and need any touching up or follow up work, please let me know and I'll be happy to oblige.
Author of Twilight 2000 adventure modules, Rook's Gambit and The Poisoned Chalice, the campaign sourcebook, Korean Peninsula, and co-author of Tara Romaneasca, a campaign sourcebook for Romania, all available for purchase on DriveThruRPG:

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...--Rooks-Gambit
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...ula-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...nia-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...liate_id=61048
Old 08-11-2012, 04:21 AM
The end is nigh!!!

Where do we submit the material. I have some stuff that is pretty big and think if you set up a new g-mail account just for submissions it might be easier for people to send you stuff.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:32 AM

Are we talking about new material or stuff that has already been posted to the forum? Or both?

If new material what's the deadline?

If previously posted I've got a couple of pieces I would be happy to put forward. Just let me know.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:19 PM
Internet Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace View Post
Electron format.

I may also attempt to put it into a format that can be easily printed, but it'll initially be geared for electronic format only.
MS Office? 2003, 2007, or 2010?

Adobe .PDF

Image file format? .jpeg, .psd, .png ? .bmp?

File size limitations?
Old 08-13-2012, 10:26 PM

I'll be putting it out in PDF format.
If that's what you're asking.

If you're asking what can be sent to me, the answer is:
Word, Plain Text, RTF, PDF

images in:
.jpg, .gif, .bmp, .png

file size limitation:
I think my google has something like a 10 gig capacity. I'd prefer them to NOT be quite that large, though, but if it needs to be I can handle it.

oh yeah...
I can work with zip files, but none of the other compressor/packers, so if you compress it, please use zip.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:02 AM

I'll send you some stuff at the weekend (I'm swamped with work at the moment so wont get a chance before then).

Tags
fanzine, twilight 2000