RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Archive
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2010, 09:37 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default Divergent Campaigns

ChalkLine 05-24-2004, 07:11 AM One of the things that limits my input, except in very general terms, is the fact that my campaign is significantly different to canon Twilight 2000 (whatever edition).

It got me wondering, where do you differ from canon campaign (if at all)?

thefusilier 05-24-2004, 06:07 PM I use cannon pretty close, slightly altering some small details such as having some cities on the hit list not nuked, or having some areas in the States still under government control, etc. I also added a whole load of things for other countries not really covered.

Ed the Coastie 05-25-2004, 08:12 PM I guess my games are split about 50/50 canonical vs. non-canonical. Of course, I define "canonical" as being set in the T2K world as defined by the rules and the published modules, as well as fan-created material that is true to the above. Examples of my own "canonical" material would be "Badlands Showdown" (set in North Dakota) and "Pirates of Avalon" (Catalina Island -- originally created as a supplement for the "City of Angels" module).

Non-canonical, on the other hand, would be that material that uses the T2K rule system but includes a significantly different setting. Examples from my filing cabinet include "Twilight Y2K" (a post-holocaust setting similar to the movie "28 Days Later", but which I created/ran four years ago) and "Twilight 1900" (featuring the Spanish-American War instead of World War III).

Yeah...I generally have WAY too much time on my hands!