RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 08-02-2011, 12:47 PM

Default Generic Patron NPC / Bar setting

Another addition to the recent encounters / NPC’s... a patron type NPC and a place to find him, intended for a Krakow type of location.

Comments are welcome as always...(it has been a while since I've done this sort of stuff!)

Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: pdf The Basement Bar.pdf (378.7 KB, 186 views)
Old 08-02-2011, 02:12 PM
The end is nigh!!!

Once again great work. Still fits in with my idea of everyone design a place of business or NPC that we can use to set up in a major town or city.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:20 AM

Very cool. The Bar is always a good place for PCs to get into trouble. Thanks for the work!
Old 08-03-2011, 02:51 PM

I like the general idea of pooling encounter ideas or locations.

While i havent read everything about the bar setting yet, i love the way the intro is written to fit in with T2K modules. The pictures of the bar looks gamey, grainy and somehow not quite real ... more like a SWAT or Rainbow 6 First person shooter computer game screen dump, and in my mind that works better than a "real" photo might.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:21 AM

Thanks all for your feedback.

The description of the Bar was inspired by a couple of real life Bars - a couple in eastern Europe (Prague / Warsaw) and a couple in Edinburgh...the end product is an amalgamation of them all with a few things added to give it more of a T2K feel. I started off trying to describe it in written form but soon realised that a picture tells a thousand words so googled some images...they are from a real Bar in Austin, Texas..they don't know I "borrowed" their images so I don't know if I should mention the name for legal reasons!

Also, with regard to the idea of pooling encounters, if anyone else wants to add any additional NPC's (staff / patrons, etc) to this thread I don't mind at all...as a thought perhaps we can do the same for other types of locations - someone posts a generic room which others can add characters to provided the original poster of the encounter is OK with it? (it wont be appropriate in every situation obviously)
Old 08-07-2011, 04:01 PM

Default good stuff

I enjoyed the write up. Would be happy to use it in my own campaign.

If I were to use it however, as a GM, I would prefer it to have a section towards the back with the pics without any text. Easier to show the players without giving away information they are not privvy to.

( Always found this a major drawback in the original books).
Old 08-07-2011, 08:16 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

I was wondering... where did you find the pictures of the place?
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:32 AM

That's a good idea HQ. I'll use it in any future pieces.

Nate, I just used google's image search, using keywords like "Basement Bar", "Cellar Bar", and "Underground Bar". It did take a while to find something that I thought had the right feel to it.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headquarters View Post
I enjoyed the write up. Would be happy to use it in my own campaign.

If I were to use it however, as a GM, I would prefer it to have a section towards the back with the pics without any text. Easier to show the players without giving away information they are not privvy to.

( Always found this a major drawback in the original books).
These might help...(I've had to put them on individual documents because of the file sizes).
Attached Files
File Type: doc Bar Photos 1.doc (297.5 KB, 100 views)
File Type: doc Bar Photos 2.doc (301.0 KB, 62 views)
File Type: doc Bar Photos 3.doc (187.0 KB, 54 views)
File Type: doc Bar Photos 4.doc (306.0 KB, 57 views)
File Type: doc Bar Photos 5.doc (308.5 KB, 68 views)
File Type: doc Bar Photos 6.doc (278.5 KB, 60 views)
Old 08-08-2011, 04:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

Thanks!

the reason I asked was hoping that there might be floorplans of the bar that I could get a good look at! i'm working on the River Pimp deckplans off-and-on... when i get them finished, i'll be posting them on here.

The River Pimp gave me alot of ideas for an enterprising scumlord who runs a the river cruise boat as not only a floating brothel, but as a floating bar and gambling den. the cargo area would allow them to make money running cargo as well. a working ship on the rivers could make alot more money than just as a brothel... especially in the T2k setting.
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natehale1971 View Post
Thanks!

the reason I asked was hoping that there might be floorplans of the bar that I could get a good look at! i'm working on the River Pimp deckplans off-and-on... when i get them finished, i'll be posting them on here.

The River Pimp gave me alot of ideas for an enterprising scumlord who runs a the river cruise boat as not only a floating brothel, but as a floating bar and gambling den. the cargo area would allow them to make money running cargo as well. a working ship on the rivers could make alot more money than just as a brothel... especially in the T2k setting.
No worries...I did try and get a floor plan that would have fitted as well but couldn't find anything that matched what I was looking for.

Cheers
Old 08-09-2011, 05:40 PM

I'm gonna see what i can make using the pictures as a reference.. if you want I'll post it when i get it finished
Old 08-10-2011, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natehale1971 View Post
I'm gonna see what i can make using the pictures as a reference.. if you want I'll post it when i get it finished
Go for it...I've put together something extremely basic with how I see the layout of the place - it's not to scale and is very simple (straight lines only, missing doors, etc!)...alcoves would be against the walls while the rest of the floor would have tables, chairs, etc. There would be a door leading from behind the bar into the private area where the owner's office is and another door leading directly into the WC area. The owner's office is also probably too big when compared to the Bar and VIP areas, but hopefully it'll help a bit...

Cheers
Attached Files
File Type: doc Floor Plan.doc (29.5 KB, 89 views)

Last edited by Rainbow Six; 08-10-2011 at 08:20 AM.