RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2018, 12:59 PM

The Stoner can be modified to take Stanag magazines. the belt fed portion can also be slightly modifird to take M27 link.
Old 12-28-2018, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwolf66 View Post
The Stoner can be modified to take Stanag magazines. the belt fed portion can also be slightly modifird to take M27 link.
I'm pretty sure you're correct on both -- the magazine adapter is part of the rifle or carbine forestock assembly, although the geometry of magazine lips, etc. can be important for reliable feeding. I'm not certain that "just" changing the adapter would be sufficient -- you might have to alter other internal parts, as well.

But is opening every bolthole, and many of the caches, to replace all the weapons, magazines, and linked ammunition worthwhile to make the system compatible with magazines and ammunition that may no longer be widely available 5 years after the atomic war (plus 4 edition catastrophes)?

Of course, the Project never gets caught in a security boo-boo, since opening and closing boltholes, etc. all takes place as "backstory" ...

--
Michael B.
Attached Images

Old 12-29-2018, 06:29 AM

I think there's not really that many bolt-holes, and compared to the big bases which I assume are not at any point sealed before the disaster occurs the job of updating the kit would be fairly easy.