RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 09-10-2008, 04:08 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default Why?

pmulcahy 08-19-2008, 04:48 PM Take a look at this web page:

http://www.knsprecisioninc.com/GUN%20PARTS%202.html

KNS Precision makes good gun parts, but why does anyone need spade grips on an M-16?

simonmark6 08-19-2008, 05:02 PM I've had a look at it and see your point. Would it be any use on a vehicle or as point defence? Or is the answer: Because they can? Like the way they changed the recipie for Coke.

Hangfire7 08-19-2008, 05:21 PM Hmm, I suppose you could rig something to fire it remoteley, but then again, if its being fired remotley then why use any traditional grips.

It reminds me of a weapons article I read back in the 80s, one company was making belt fed M16s which in my book was a bit more useful than the spade grips you mention but just as silly. I mean how long before your 16 is a burnt out piece of junk if you used it as a belt fed weapon?

Its just another attention getter that screams LOOK AT ME!!!!!

Webstral 08-19-2008, 10:24 PM That's just ridiculous.

Webstral

Solz 08-20-2008, 06:11 PM Silly.... but that's America... someone will buy it just to be different

Law0369 08-20-2008, 06:52 PM Paul Pm me and I will give you the anwser......

kcdusk 08-21-2008, 03:20 AM Gun options ... its just like barbie, for men :-)

GOF 08-21-2008, 03:31 AM Paul Pm me and I will give you the anwser......

Aww shit, dont the rest of us get to find out!?

bigehauser 08-23-2008, 01:52 AM one company was making belt fed M16s which in my book was a bit more useful than the spade grips you mention but just as silly. I mean how long before your 16 is a burnt out piece of junk if you used it as a belt fed weapon?

Its just another attention getter that screams LOOK AT ME!!!!!

Are we talkin' about the Shrike?

-Hauser

Targan 08-23-2008, 08:56 AM KNS Precision makes good gun parts, but why does anyone need spade grips on an M-16?Might be useful attached to one of those Bradley Firing Port Weapons? Although I recall someone on this forum saying that they have been withdrawn from service IRL.

Hangfire7 08-23-2008, 02:13 PM Hey lil bro, how goes it on the Rock?

As for the Shrike, I have no clue, I saw it in a Guns and Weapons or some such magazine before you were even a gleam in your parents eye. And it was an add to purchase. As I recall they had them in all manner of configurations but the belt fed 16 is the one that stuck in my mind. It was a quarter page add. Ah yes some of the other adds had M60s in all manner of configurations as well, standard, A1, Seal Carbine and a few others, ah the good ol days when it was actualy possible to purchase a autmatice weapon newly made. If I recall it was SARCO who sold them, or Rock Island, and if I recall this was circa 1985.

Are we talkin' about the Shrike?

-Hauser