RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2009, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboswede
Ok I hate to admit it but back in the 80’s when I started playing the game I couldn’t help but think “wow in 2000 I will be 28…that could be me”. Lo and behold now I am a 30’ something who can’t believe 2000 was 9 years ago.

Anyway, in my tween years I created a character of myself and what I would be in 2000 as part of the Red Diamond. My T2K Avatar (so to speak) was a Captain from the Sustainment Bde of the 5th Division, somehow nominally in charge of a bunch of combat hardened bad-asses.

Any of you play the same mind game? If so I would be interested to know how you pictured yourself in Poland during the Twilight War.
Heh ... brings to mind a wierd moment I experienced when I first saw an Indiana Jones 4 poster on the side of a bus walking down a street in London ... seeing a really old looking Harrison Ford in a new Indy movie poster just felt like I was suddenly in a Back to the Future 'future scene' to me. It genuinely knocked me for six for a moment, and made me think; 'whoa ... I'm in the future'.

I guess my consciousness remains defaulted to thinking we still live in 1989.