RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2015, 05:18 AM

Exclamation Proposed Changes to Firearms Related Information Publishing

This is not intended to start a political debate, just an information share most of you might not know about;

This is mainly for the US citizens' of this board, but the White House is proposing an order change on the transmission of firearms related "technical" information. I believe if this is passed, TMP rule book may fall under this order and be subject to state department approval before it can be released publicly as well as a lot of the information on this forum.

I'm not a lawyer, but you may want to have one look this over and see what may happen, but as I understand this, the information contained in the rules book might fall under the State Department ITAR and then AECA sections.

I have included a link the NRA-IL site (not a member or endorse them), they do give an overview of it : https://www.nraila.org/articles/2015...related-speech

Link to the June 3rd Federal Register : http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2015...2015-12844.pdf

Not really sure if this does matter, but I believe this could have profound unseen consequences.
Old 06-10-2015, 08:17 AM

I would not be overly concerned about this. The information it protects is not the kind of information that is anywhere in 3ed and probably not in 4ed either (I don't own it so cannot be sure). The NRA is up in arms (ha ha) because it would be an added hassle and therefore expense for the manufacturers who provide most of their revenue.
Old 06-11-2015, 03:40 AM

The SJG Cyberpunk book wasn't about hacking, yet the Secret Service raided them in the 80's. Never assume the Govt. knows or cares about the difference.
Old 06-11-2015, 06:14 AM

Default then vs now

Quote:
Originally Posted by .45cultist View Post
The SJG Cyberpunk book wasn't about hacking, yet the Secret Service raided them in the 80's. Never assume the Govt. knows or cares about the difference.
That was then and a different era (economics and mind set). Today times are a lot different. As for the NRA, they are up arms about most things (I live not far from their headquarters) but I wouldn't be to concerned about this proposal. From 1st Amendment concerns to the political gridlock here in DC, this concern most likely come about.
Old 06-11-2015, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .45cultist View Post
I am well aware of that debacle, but I deal with ITAR issues currently and I really do not think that this is a problem for TMP. I am also an NRA member and have long since learned that there is very little overlap between "real problems" and "things the NRA swears will destroy America".
Old 06-21-2015, 04:56 PM

i don't trust any government to be smart about these things. lets face it they can't be all that smart if they actually want the job (or can't find a way to con their way out of it).
the best course of action when all is against you is to slow down and think critically about the situation. this way you are not blindly rushing into an ambush and your mind is doing something useful rather than getting you killed.