RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Archive

Old 01-21-2010, 11:34 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default Old Vehicles

DeaconR 10-31-2005, 09:30 PM Does anyone use WWII or other old vehicles in their games at all? I am wondering because of the number of reenactments done for films, as well as museums that have working or potentially working models. In my New York campaign there is more than one museum that has old military vehicles or planes in it, and I was thinking it would be interesting to have someone put them to use.

shrike6 10-31-2005, 09:52 PM No, haven't had the chance too, but if your looking for stats for them try here.

http://www.reocities.com/Area51/Come...t2000main.html

DeaconR 10-31-2005, 11:12 PM Thanks very much! This is what I was hoping for--there is a lot more source material here than the few things mentioned in Merc 2000 or TW 2000.

ReHerakhte 11-01-2005, 05:39 AM Hey Deacon,

Here's some stats I did up for the 1940's Dodge WC62 & WC63 6x6 trucks. I used to have a few WW2 softskins somewhere but I have lost some gear here and there and the WW2 pages might have been with it. You'll have to adjust price etc to suit your gameworld and cut out any extra info that you don't think is relevant (e.g. I include the top speed of the vehicle in my game stats as well as the fording ability).

If you look on the net for pics of the WC62 or WC63 you can generally find some decent quality.

Cheers,

Kevin

Dodge WC62 and WC63 1 1/2ton 6x6 truck

When the US Army increased its infantry squads from 8 to 12 men, they required a larger truck than those currently in use as squad transports. At the behest of the then Chief of Infantry, Maj. Gen. Hodges, the Dodge WC 4x4 design was lengthened by approximately 1.2m to create the 6x6 WC.

Many of the mechanical parts and body work parts were the same on both vehicles. Certain components were strengthened for the 1 -Ton model and these changes were also applied to subsequent -ton production.

Note that like many of the -ton WCs, the driver entry is obstructed by the spare wheel and like the smaller WCs, the WC62/63 models are quite wide (2.1m) A shovel, axe and pick are carried on the tailgate and bows and a tarpaulin can be fitted for inclement weather. The WC62/63 can tow a load up to 3600kg.

Only two models of the 1 -ton were produced for service, the WC62 and the winch equipped WC63. The winch is rated at 2550kg and increases the overall length of the truck by 25cm. More than 43 000 of these vehicles were produced and many lived on in Europe after WW2 to help with reconstruction and then later as general civilian transports. A good number of the smaller 4x4 WC vehicles have been preserved in running order by enthusiasts and while there are less of the 6x6 variants to be found, they are still reasonably well represented amongst military vehicle preservation clubs.

Price: $5000 (S/R)

Fuel Type: G, A

Load: 2360kg

Veh Wt: 3300kg

Crew: 1+1 in cab; 12 in rear

Mnt: 2

Night Vision: Headlights

Radiological: Open

Fording: 1.1m

Top Speed: 80/25

Travel Move: 160/50

Combat Mov: 40/10

Fuel Cap: 136

Fuel Cons: 49

Combat Statistics

Config: Veh HF: 1

Susp: W (3) HS: 1

HR: 1

P.S. Try the following site for some pics http://www.autogallery.org.ru/m/ddt223.htm

Targan 11-01-2005, 05:48 AM Hey Kev, I've got three private messages unread but I can't seem to access them tonight. Any of them from you?

DeaconR 11-01-2005, 05:52 AM Wow, thanks that's also great. I should have tons of material from the help I've been given. Also excellent description; some of those little details that make using such equipment more interesting. For instance, my players have seen and been inside humvees and lavs and other such vehicles but what I want from this stuff is of course the exotic.

BTW Tarqan I believe I contacted you.

Targan 11-01-2005, 05:59 AM Thanks DeaconR, when I can access my private messages again I will respond.

Last edited by kato13; 02-08-2010 at 08:27 AM.

Tags
vehicles