RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2008, 12:53 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default Going to start posting some ideas I have.

I just discovered that my forum is 2nd or 3rd (depending on country of origin) when searching for "Morrow Project Forum" on Google. I have had some click-thrus and I am assuming that the people were disappointed when they found nothing here. I am still not pushing the site until I move to a new box, but I will use this as a place holder for my ideas and hopefully there will be some discussion.

If there are no responses I will just edit the original posts as I think of new stuff.

I should point out that I use a floating project Phoenix timeline so my idea might not match canon Morrow games.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:01 AM
bigehauser

Project Phoenix? The Phoenix Project ran by the CIA to help destroy the core of the Viet Cong during Vietnam?
Old 10-09-2008, 10:06 AM
Administrator

It is also the name of a free RPG which is pretty much a morrow project clone. You can find a download of the pdf in the files section of my gaming site. http://games.juhlin.com

Sorry but it requires forum registration to download (to keep my bandwidth usage down).

Last edited by kato13; 03-07-2009 at 05:44 PM.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:29 AM

Default never heard of..

Never heard of project phoenix, but I own pretty much all the MP stuff, if it is close enough to the same?

---------------------------------------------

One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.

- L. Carrol
Old 10-12-2008, 11:34 AM
Administrator

It is basically a fans reinterpretation of the game. It has a slightly more military flavor (as there is military and government involvement in the project), but in the end the two are very similar and ideas could certainly cross pollinate.

I received the PDF, from a friend, as the author encourages people to distribute it. I had never heard of morrow project at the time but the basic premise got me hooked.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:38 AM

Default I see

Doesn't sound as much my cup of tea. Project teams are more indepentantly minded but if you set that all up.. then have the whole thing go haywire. Still the same effect right? Otherwise you are playing Jericho the RPG, but the idea of most RPGs is to have the group as individuals, instead of constantly involved in mass combat and the such?

---------------------------------------------

One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.

- L. Carrol