RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 01-24-2009, 02:53 PM

Unhappy Completely OT - hell on earth

Hi folks, just thought I'd share my hellish night with you. Presently I'm in work trying to look after 1100 14-18 year old kids who are having an alcohol free disco. Its horrible!!! There are enough hormones flowing around the building to float a Nimitz class carrier, lots of teenage groping everywhere you look and the most depressing bit is that I'm old enough to be any of their fathers Hope everyone elses weekend is going well!
Old 01-24-2009, 03:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerCCW UK
Hi folks, just thought I'd share my hellish night with you. Presently I'm in work trying to look after 1100 14-18 year old kids who are having an alcohol free disco. Its horrible!!! There are enough hormones flowing around the building to float a Nimitz class carrier, lots of teenage groping everywhere you look and the most depressing bit is that I'm old enough to be any of their fathers Hope everyone elses weekend is going well!
That sounds a lot like my regular workweek as a high school teacher. Good times! Hang in there. You'll make it.
Author of Twilight 2000 adventure modules, Rook's Gambit and The Poisoned Chalice, the campaign sourcebook, Korean Peninsula, and co-author of Tara Romaneasca, a campaign sourcebook for Romania, all available for purchase on DriveThruRPG:

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...--Rooks-Gambit
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...ula-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...nia-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...liate_id=61048
Old 01-24-2009, 03:54 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

Just think of the being a lost and injured 5th Mech private on the battle scarred plains of Central Poland. It would obviously be an improvement over your current situation
Old 01-24-2009, 05:15 PM

That's a lot of teenagers. Last weekend, I chaperoned a middle school dance of 500. Yeah, hormones. I hope you survive your experience.

Ian
Old 01-25-2009, 03:44 AM

Like Rae said, welcome to my world!
Old 01-25-2009, 07:57 AM

Location: Equaly at home in the water, the mountains and the desert.

HAH! I got you all covered!

Multiple unstable persons who were held as a danger to themselves and others, two women unable to care for themselves one had martians in her mouth! And a stick in her throat and up her ummmm sounds similiar to pushy. Her words not mine. I was about to turn gay if the Dr was going to do an exam!

1 Gunshot wound, 2 stabbings, 1 fatal with a beer bottle of all things.

Several drunks, 2 restrained, 2 totaly out they pissed on themselves several times, 1 was ranting and raving I swear I suffered hearing loss.

A heroine user whose mind if gone and is the worse patient on earth.

1 crazy bitch who liked to hit and punch at the staff and after she kicked me she then decided my arm seemed like a nice midnight snack! She bites me and I am getting the shots! That is just not fair!

Let me see? Oh yeah a drunk Mexican guy who tried to escape the hospital since it was his 3rd DUI and he ripped his IV out and well we tracked him by following the blood trail.

Oh yeah a freak girl who pretended to faint in the waiting room and must have weighed 300lbs so no one wanted to lift her. When the Dr says "She's faking" well we didn't act too promptly and looked for the amonia capsule, it took a moment but she did get up finaly.

Oh yeah and I walked into where a skunk had recently sprayed, that woke me up.

Ah, just another Sat Night in the ER! Ya gotta love it!
Old 01-25-2009, 08:25 AM
The Stat Guy

I've never done that with teens, but I have had to "babysit" about 100 kids age 5-12. That's hard enough! Luckily, there was one 11-year-old that was very mature to help me out, and I didn't even have to ask her -- I think she saw I was in trouble and decided to help, and I was lucky to have her. Teens? I think I'd just hogtie them all!

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com
Old 01-25-2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b
Teens? I think I'd just hogtie them all!
Hmm. I think that would more qualify as entertainment or a hobby than a job.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:54 AM
Player to be named later

I've found that teens are easier to deal with if they're busy trying to figure out just how much of a crazy old man you really are, and if you might call their bluff when they're showing off for the girls.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:28 AM

Well, I got through it ok. Three removed to hospital, two for excess alcohol (brought it in with them - we weren't serving booze) and on 14 year old who had scoffed a couple of e's. Madness!! It wasn't like that when I was their age.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Well, I got through it ok. Three removed to hospital, two for excess alcohol (brought it in with them - we weren't serving booze) and on 14 year old who had scoffed a couple of e's. Madness!! It wasn't like that when I was their age.
Indeed. A 14yo having a couple of e's is dumb. I'm not necessarily against adults doing illicit drugs (in my opinion allowing alcohol and tobacco and taxing the hell out of them while making everything else illegal is hypocritical and illogical) but I think people under the age of 18 should steer clear of all intoxicants unless it is alcohol in extreme moderation and consumed under the supervision of their parents.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:33 AM
...not exactly open casket material

Send a message via MSN to General Pain
Default he he he

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targan
Hmm. I think that would more qualify as entertainment or a hobby than a job.

LOL
Old 01-26-2009, 04:27 PM

Someone having to man "E"s you say?

Last evening we had one, the same piece of gutter trash who bit me <and yes I did require shots>

Came in as I was dealing with offers of marriage from a 94 year old dementia patient. What can I say, I have a way with the ladies

The other one who thought my arm was a midnight snack had taken to many E's.

I get the call from the head nurse <mmmmmm she is as cute as a bug and would fit in a seabag> saying my favorite person is there.

I learn moments later she is there, as she is taking her clothes off running around the ER groping and propositioning ALL staff and really people she encounters. <not just male staff!>

I end up having to deal with her again, and had several offers which made my question my heterosexuality.

When the girls came to draw her blood she was pleasuring herself <which was rather disguisting> and she didn't even stop as they stuck her with the needle and drew her blood which was just bizare.

So folks, watch out for those "E"'s
Old 01-26-2009, 05:02 PM
The Stat Guy

Sounds like a stay on a psych ward (though I was there as a patient, not staff...)

One night, about a week after I got there, they brought in this screaming, raving young woman about my age, with 2 MPs and four staff to get her into the rubber room. Turns out she was CWO2 who dropped PCP and went nuts in a Washington DC club.

Once she cleaned up, she was a rather nice, pretty woman. I never did trust her, though.

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com
Old 01-26-2009, 09:23 PM

PCP is one of the few illicit drugs I've heard about but never seen. I've never heard of anyone in Australia getting hold of it. After what I've heard about its effects on people I can not understand why anyone would want to try it. It sounds like a fast track to psychosis to me.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:35 AM

Thankfully PCP is one I've managed to avoid having to deal with here as well, although I did get attacked by a coke head on the 23rd of December - you don't expect it from a department manager in the Uni where you work! Well, I didn't anyway. Guy in his mid forties who really should have known better. Only still has a job because I decided not to push a formal disciplinary - he's 3 young kids and I didn't want his unemployment on my conscience. Apparently he's normally a decent guy who doesn't do drugs on a regular basis.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Apparently he's normally a decent guy who doesn't do drugs on a regular basis.
That's what they all say.
Author of Twilight 2000 adventure modules, Rook's Gambit and The Poisoned Chalice, the campaign sourcebook, Korean Peninsula, and co-author of Tara Romaneasca, a campaign sourcebook for Romania, all available for purchase on DriveThruRPG:

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...--Rooks-Gambit
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...ula-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...nia-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...liate_id=61048
Old 01-28-2009, 01:48 AM

Yeah, I was suspicious of the claim that he's not normally a druggie, but either way I'm happier not depriving 3 kids of their Dad's wage. At the end of the day he didn't even land a punch on me, just managed to tear the collar off a shirt that I got free in work.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:45 AM

you have to ask yourself this;

If he doesn't use all that often, then why is he using at work durring buisness hours? That is a red flag, just like the drunk who has to have a bottle hidden in his desk and sneak an eye opener every couple hours.

It is obvious he has a problem, a serious one if he is that bad at work. What is he doing about it? Doing, not saying he is doing? Such conduct will continue and escallate and getting clean isn't somthing that happens unless the user really makes an effort.

I actualy never figured cocaine was as big outside of the states since the distance and transport was much more complex going elsewhere compared to the route from S. America to the States.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:08 AM

Sorry, I should have explained that although this happened on Uni property it was outside working hours and at a social event, the admin staff Christmas party. The Uni will impose conditions on his keeping his job which I'm assuming will include drug counselling.
As far as coke goes here in NI, up until about 5 years ago it was rare to come across it. Now though its everywhere and for dance events its almost as popular as e's, and apparently as easy to get.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targan
Indeed. A 14yo having a couple of e's is dumb. I'm not necessarily against adults doing illicit drugs (in my opinion allowing alcohol and tobacco and taxing the hell out of them while making everything else illegal is hypocritical and illogical) but I think people under the age of 18 should steer clear of all intoxicants unless it is alcohol in extreme moderation and consumed under the supervision of their parents.
If you're not careful Targan I am gonna call you a libertarian *gasp*.