RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2019, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Mariner View Post
So, it does appear the authors intended to throw some initial confusion into the mix regarding equipment operation.
I don't think the authors ever really thought this out. They definitely threw in some confusion, a LOT, but I don't think it was intended. Because it would make any real emergency lethal for the team. Need to evacuate? You don't know your vehicle. Bolthole under attack? You have strange weapons in pieces in cosmoline, hope you have time to read the manuals, and hope you have enough weapons knowledge to handle the recoil and ballistics in combat.

The strange part is that they then wrote those emergencies into the scenarios. Not a good idea. I've worked with guys like those who would be on the Council of Tomorrow, they seem too sharp to let something like this happen.
Old 02-19-2019, 11:32 AM

There are some upgrades that would have made sense, since the basic operation of the device is the same, even if the maintenance is different. Like taking the 2nd generation AN/PVS-5s out and replacing them with 3rd generation AN/PVS-7s or AN/PVS-15s. But they didn't do that. Replacing weapons makes very little sense. I might be able to see M16A1s being replaced with M16A4s as the weapon is very similar, though you have the problem of less than optimal ammo pairing with M193 in some caches and M855 in others. Unless the caches with the older M193 are removed or marked as downgraded caches in the autonav for the team.
Old 02-19-2019, 02:00 PM

I should have said it was done with intention or they blew an opportunity to correct the record when they rewrote that passage for 4e.