RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum

Old 02-19-2015, 03:08 PM

Default Pre-Issue Caches.....

The 4th mentions some caches from before cryonics, fusion were standard. Older tools and equipment, power sources. 7.62N ammo most common. So, AR10's, M3A1's and M1911's until 1975?
Old 02-19-2015, 03:37 PM
Internet Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by .45cultist View Post
The 4th mentions some caches from before cryonics, fusion were standard. Older tools and equipment, power sources. 7.62N ammo most common. So, AR10's, M3A1's and M1911's until 1975?
These are called Legacy Caches. The Project designers just left them in place. It was determined that opening them would just risk compromising security. I figure it is WW2 / Korean war surplus and 1960s era civil defense equipment.

M1 Garands, M1 Carbines, M1 Thompson SMGs, M3 SMGs, M1919A4 GPMGs, M2HB HMGs. Etc. Army/Navy web gear.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:06 PM

The idea of legacy cache's intrigues me. They could be a ready source of gear for arming a militia or even a fault in a teams computer. Could you imagine a team waking up with a full kit of the latest gear, needing a resupply and finding gear so old it was out of service before they were born? Hilarity ensues!
Old 02-19-2015, 07:21 PM

Also older teams who were trained on that gear on occasion had there initial starting equipment updated. So a team that had been put in place with Korean War-era gear or M-14's and such woke up to M-16's and M-4's and hitech gadgets they have no clue how to use and are lucky to have manuals included! So they might have access to Legacy caches but also new gear caches as well.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:34 PM
Internet Intellectual

I got the impression the Legacy caches were huge. Warehouse sized operations with a plan to distribute this equipment immediately; the freeze tubes and fusion plants changed the plan to 3-5 years after to increase the chances of survival for project personnel. I am sure the Project planners were trying to come up with some scenarios were they did not lose 50% to 90% in the first month of operations before the freeze tubes.

Imagine the caretakers in a Legacy cache. Korean war combat vets frozen in their 30s to 50s in the 1960s. Womens Army Air Corps pilots?
Old 02-21-2015, 05:25 PM

Alot of room to run with these. I thought the AR10 would be a good fit for early teams. TheM16's are just different enough to need ammo to qualify on.