RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 07-06-2009, 10:11 PM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targan
I agree. I have a strong academic interest in firearms despite having handled and/or fired only a dozen different types and I always take note when looking at weapon photos and specs about where the safety and other controls are and how the weapon operates. So often in films and on TV I see shows where characters that obviously have little or no experience with firearms find themselves picking up a weapon and pointing it at the bad guy and I often think to myself 'man I hope you at least have enough knowledge to check that there is a round in the chamber and the safety is off'. Otherwise you are basically holding a club.
That's nothing compared to the semiautomatic M-72 I saw in one D-Grade war movie...

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com
Old 07-06-2009, 10:14 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b
That's nothing compared to the semiautomatic M-72 I saw in one D-Grade war movie...
I demand stats!!
Old 07-06-2009, 10:22 PM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato13
I demand stats!!
Well, let's see...looks just like an M-72...has no magazine...the guy fired it from the hip...you Iraq/Afghanistan vets -- are they fielding it in numbers yet?

I think it's what my nephew would call "unobtainium." BTW, he back from Afghanistan on leave! In one piece! He's up at Riley with his ex-wife/fiancee (don't ask -- it's a real soap opera), but James'll be here in two weeks to visit my sister and the rest of us.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:25 PM

Glad to hear that your nephew is well Paul. Respect to him.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:25 PM

oooo, that's a receipe for disaster!
I wonder if she ever gets jealous of herself?

Nothing happens in isolation - it's called "the butterfly effect"

Mors ante pudorem
Old 07-06-2009, 10:27 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

Quote:
Well, let's see...looks just like an M-72...has no magazine...the guy fired it from the hip...you Iraq/Afghanistan vets -- are they fielding it in numbers yet?

I think it's what my nephew would call "unobtainium." BTW, he back from Afghanistan on leave! In one piece! He's up at Riley with his ex-wife/fiancee (don't ask -- it's a real soap opera), but James'll be here in two weeks to visit my sister and the rest of us.
Good to hear about your nephew being safe. I'm sure there will be much to talk about.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Sounds like _Maximum Overdrive_ ...

http://copeab.tripod.com
Old 07-06-2009, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targan
So often in films and on TV I see shows where characters that obviously have little or no experience with firearms
My favorite is when, for dramatic effect, a character pumps a shotgun at the end of a fight. Then, at the start of a following scene, without having fired the shotgun, they pump it dramatically again. I'm still waiting for an unfired shell to go flying out of the gun ...

http://copeab.tripod.com
Old 07-06-2009, 11:37 PM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by copeab
My favorite is when, for dramatic effect, a character pumps a shotgun at the end of a fight. Then, at the start of a following scene, without having fired the shotgun, they pump it dramatically again. I'm still waiting for an unfired shell to go flying out of the gun ...
I like the scene in Terminator 2 when Sarah keeps shifting her SPAS-12 so that she can pump it with one hand since her other arm is wounded. During all that weapons training she did, didn't she ever find that by pushing a little button, the SPAS-12 will fire semiautomatically?

And did you notice at one point in American Gangster, Denzel Washington's character fired two shots at close range at his victim -- but though the second shot went bang, but the pistol was actually stovepiped?

Old 07-07-2009, 12:10 AM

Awww come on people! If movie makers were to actually fix all these little things we'd have nothing left to complain about!
Do we really want to take one of lifes little pleasures away like that?

Nothing happens in isolation - it's called "the butterfly effect"

Mors ante pudorem
Old 07-07-2009, 12:29 AM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legbreaker
Awww come on people! If movie makers were to actually fix all these little things we'd have nothing left to complain about!
Do we really want to take one of lifes little pleasures away like that?

That is one of life's little pleasures for me! And I also love driving my family crazy pointing out those silly little things to them during movies!

Old 07-07-2009, 12:37 AM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

Quote:
That is one of life's little pleasures for me! And I also love driving my family crazy pointing out those silly little things to them during movies!
Like in the new Wolverine movie, when Wolverine and Sabretooth charged the beaches at Normandy... They where suppose to be on either side of Captain America! And I found out WHY he wasn't there for the start of the movie... Legalese mumbo-jumbo that the Wolverine movie was being done by Fox and the new Captain America movie will be done by the Marvel Movies company... and the two companies just couldn't come up with the right contract to get him in that scene....
Old 07-07-2009, 12:57 AM

Wow. The perils of extreme thread drift!
Old 07-07-2009, 06:57 AM
bigehauser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legbreaker
oooo, that's a receipe for disaster!
I wonder if she ever gets jealous of herself?

Laugh
My
Fucking
Ass
Off

Hey, it's pretty cool when Zeus learns all this hijinx the hard way, and takes an MP5(s) round to the leg in Die Hard With A Vengeance.

MUHAHAHAHAHAHA

Tags
movies