RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 10-11-2008, 03:17 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default Morrow Project stuff.

I have been sensing that quite a few member have both an interest in T2k and Morrow project. I do as well. I created a Morrow project forum both because I had an interest in both games, and by having multiple games I was a RPG site not a T2k site (which is important if I don't want to be burdened by disclaimers, which I don't).

Originally I did not expect to do any work on my Morrow forum for a while as getting the T2k site solid was my first and only priority. But I have discovered that I am now 2nd or 3rd on Google when you search for "morrow project forum", this is actually higher than for "Twilight 2000 forum" (think I'm 5th). From my Google summary report I see we are getting clicks from Morrow fans. I don't want them to be disappointed so I am going to start to share my attention between the forums. I posted some Morrow ideas I have been playing with in the Morrow forum.

http://forum.juhlin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4

Please feel to join in the discussions or start new threads even if you don't know the game. I am sure the players here would love to answer questions.

Here is the Wikipedia link for those unfamilar
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Morrow_Project

I am still not going to actively pursue new Morrow members yet. I want to wait until I am sure this box is solid with our entire RPGhost membership (i am 99% sure but also cautious). I have also seen some flame wars in some morrow groups and I kinda want to keep that out of my hair for now.
Old 10-11-2008, 06:31 PM

Interesting. I've never heard about MP. Pretty sure this game has never reach Spain.
Old 10-11-2008, 06:40 PM
Administrator

You can download a clone of the Morrow project called "Project Phoenix" from the file section of my games site.

http://games.juhlin.com (i keep posting the link as internal and external links help Google rankings)

You will probably have to load the font that is in the zip file but it is an interesting read.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:45 AM

Default The Morrow Project.

Ah, MP is still available for purchase from the original publisher Timeline games

www.timelineltd.com is their website, and a brand new version of Morrow Project is into playtesting.

Not bad for a game that is 28 years old, eh?

From what I have heard of Project Phoenix it is more a reidealization than a clone, since the idea behind the Project was to wake the players 150 years past their original due date to face a brave new world, and the new one appears to stick with the original plan? Or am I wrong?

---------------------------------------------

One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.

- L. Carrol
Old 10-12-2008, 08:23 PM
Administrator

We clarified this in the other forum but I will add it here. Project Phoenix can be what ever you want to make of it. The project can work, can work partway or the team can be totally alone.

I have run "alone" and "working partway" both well into the future. I am currently planning to run something where it does "work" but is understaffed and under equipped for the magnitude of the disaster. This might be a short game if my players don't like being cogs in a machine, but I think I can make it interesting for them.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonsaber
Ah, MP is still available for purchase from the original publisher Timeline games

www.timelineltd.com is their website, and a brand new version of Morrow Project is into playtesting.

Not bad for a game that is 28 years old, eh?
It is funny I got project phoenix for free. Loved it. Found out about Morrow after I researched PP's origins and purchased everything I could get my hands on (including the vehicle blueprints). More game designers should consider this method IMO. Give them a taste and then get them hooked
Old 05-19-2009, 04:31 PM
Administrator

natehale1971 has posted some interesting information and some amazing artwork in the Morrow Project forum. I know some people don't look at that forum but I have to draw people's attention to it.

http://forum.juhlin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4

Now that things have grown nicely in this forum hopefully I can start to grow that forum as well.