RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Campaign Forums > HQ's T2k Campaign > HQ - General Discussion

Old 04-20-2011, 04:02 AM

Default S07E02 29 and 30th of April

Here we go guys!!

S07E02 is underway.

I will be arriving in GPs pad fri 29 at app 20.00 hrs.

I sincerely hope you are all there and ready to get it on !

As for the order of ceremonies :

GP will take friday night and possibly a smidgeon of Saturday too.

Hopefully we will be ready to kick of at around 1600-1700 Saturday. ( Got an errand to take care of first)

As for the situation ingame in theT2K campaign:

Somewhere south of Cottonwood,CA Dec. 27th 2019

Temperature: +2 C*

The constant wailing from the cell where the slaves were being kept was steadily getting on the nerves of them all. Lt. Benito Tecumseh Pain was aggressivly unloading and reloading his magazines to make sure that no dirt would gum up the action. His every move stated how is anger was bulding.

Fieldmarshall DeCorba was equally exasperated by the constant wail. His every assurement that the slaves would be freed as soon as all were to leave that very nightfall was met by a few minutes of silence before the wailing picked up again. He gladly volunteered to do a double shift when the watchlist was agreed upon. Standing inside and looking out on the grey,cold landscape from his 2nd story window, he found himself wondering what was going on back home right now. Probably his kids were playing with some new toys. There would be some sort of candy and fingerfood on the table. His wife would be busy organizing charity packet sto go out to those who she deemed worthy of recieveing. A sneaking feeling of worry crept in. His wife..What if he was thought to be dead? Would there be a putcsh in his army? Or at least desertions? Best not to think any more of it. At least he was in with Willis who held the food and fuel stockpiles- and thus power in their enclave. Willis wouldnt act before he had some certainty of the Fieldmarshalls death. So the status quo was probably still upheld - precariously...

In a different room IronMan slept soundly. He had amassed a heap of blankets under and overhimself- and was far into the dreamy realms of his favourite Hollywood Spa and restaurant. Oblivious to the wails and clattering teeth of the slaves next door he was reliving his favourite treatment - the hot stones. And the chinese girl that gave the treatment made sure that his was a happy ending - just like it had been almost 20 years ago.

Doc Johnson tried to sleep also. His cough had gotten worse, and someone had taken all the blankets, leaving him only a few. Shivering he tossed and turned and try to find a comfortable position and some rest. He slept fitfully for a few minutes and then awoke. This continued. If only they could build a fire. But Grease had forbidden it. "Any smoke might lead them here " he had said. Doc couldnt wait to be back in the RV, engine running and the heater on max. He got sleepy just thinking about it. But then he awoke again with a shiver. The cold was in his bones.

Grease was humming a tune. Up to his elbows in the enigne of the RV he was pleased to see that all was in order. Even the improvised hosing and the novel weld on the engine block seemed done carefully and with skill by someone who was an adept mechanic. Pleased Grease closed the hood and wiped his hands clear of smears. This was the best he had felt in months. A full belly, a loaded 30.30 and a set of wheels that he could recommend himself. He couldnt wait to get on the road again. Go wherever he wanted. Unknowingly his humming slid over into the song made famous by Willie Nelson..

Outside midday was approaching. The bleak sun shining through the haze at its zenith.

In the distance to the north a large murder of crows squawked to their wings and took off heading east.

Other than that it was all quiet.....
Old 04-26-2011, 02:45 AM
Field marshal with an itch

The Field Marshal pondered his options upon return, crossing his fingers that he would indeed return this time - he had been shaken by the last hair-breadth escape from death´s brink. He had returned barely alive from many missions that had been considered foolhardy, even suicidal , but it was different now. The urge to feel the rush of combat that had driven him since he could remember was now competing with an image of himself sitting on a porch with a glass of whisky, a loving wife and perhaps even grandchildren by his side.
He shook away the comforting reverie and straightened himself. If he was to see his home again, he knew he had to focus on the immediate situation and not loose himself to daydreaming. To occupy his mind, he visualized a number of tactical scenarios they might face on the way back. He wanted to be thorougly prepared for what seemed like a perilous last lap..

Fieldmarshal DeCorba

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stegger/sets
Old 05-02-2011, 02:08 PM

Default end of s07e02

I had a great weekend - and going back to work today was sort of a drag -even though I had my best day ever reeling in over 7500 brunost-credits.

Sadly, I fear that the long wait until our next sessions is upon me..the boat house sessions ( if they are to be...?) are probably in August?

3 months or more.

I also felt that we were just getting into things a bit when we had to shut down. I take part blame for this, some time was lost by inefficient story telling...and beer.... ( as usual- YOU are mainly to blame for the slow going...and beer.. )

But this is the direction you have taken the campaign.Now its nitty gritty. Its back to the core with everyone counting their rations,their periods of rest and making every bullet count... Some of you have willingly given up on riches and privilige ( Willis, Sanchez, to some degree Takashi) and some have just lost it due to the tides of war and some poor choices - lets just say fate.

Now you have to game 2 hours and 25 minutes to take a bridge barred by a 5 foot earthen mound and two teenage girls with rusty bolt action rifles. You barter 20 minutes gaming time to get 10 kg potatoes more than offered. I

You used to just have your orderly put up a sunscreen and a canvas chair and bring you an icebucket with some caviar and champagne while you had a subordinate call in CAS to sort out the delay up ahead. Watching those poor brave fellows in your frontline units being brought back on stretchers was tough. But you took it.Like men. ( And this Chablis isnt even chilled-its room temperature!!)

I would very much like your pms or emails or forum posts on the direction of the campaign - a neo classical style I like to call "the new bad" - also since everything was improvised apart from the pictures ( from my extensive library of post apoc pics searched out over the years) and the fact of the flooding river and the manhunt- give me your brutal honesty on details and whatever else you want.

pros and cons.

As for me rating you guys - other than the xp given and the fact that your PCs live..
I had a good time watching you wheel and deal and get your characters hands dirty trying to make ends meet.

If you strip all details away, you are however left with the fact that you went into the place where the npcs lived and you murdered your way around in there a little bit and then left again.

then again the next day ( sundays mini session - no alcoholinvolved) you successfully struck a bargain with some npcs that were well within gunrange. So you improved very much in a short timespan

GM: you see a..
Player: <fire!!!

see you next time. Cant wait to see the next leg of the tour-remember just like in "Norways has got talent" you have to improve on you show every episode to get Alex Rosens approval.Not to mention Adil and Mia Gundersen. Next time I want to see a PC wearing that targethat when the bowshooting starts!!

Last edited by headquarters; 05-02-2011 at 02:24 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:23 PM
Field marshal with an itch

The new bad is good - I personally believe in bolt action rifles and earth mounds as dramatic tools

Fieldmarshal DeCorba

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stegger/sets
Old 05-02-2011, 02:27 PM

Default agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMDeCorba View Post
The new bad is good - I personally believe in bolt action rifles and earth mounds as dramatic tools
20million WWI vets cant be wrong. Also it is a more definite thing when hit.. DMG 4 kind of punctuates. Also seeing all those black and white movies lately has gotten me going

Anyways - if you want back on the top, its easy. You just have to put your collective backs into it and back one-1- of your number for the ultimate leading position and bobs your uncle

And of course win a hundred battles + on the way..

Last edited by headquarters; 05-02-2011 at 02:34 PM.