RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 01-27-2011, 10:08 PM

Cool OT - Worlds fastest gunslinger

http://www.wimp.com/fastestgunman/

Not that he can hit anything beyond arms length, but he's still DAMN fast!

Nothing happens in isolation - it's called "the butterfly effect"

Mors ante pudorem
Old 01-27-2011, 11:57 PM

That is amazingly fast. I'd like to see what max range he can hit a target at when he's firing from the hip like that. He must have some awesome muscle memory going on.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:08 AM

Blanks at balloons looks cool, but he's not putting bullets downrange, he's popping the balloons with burning powder residue from the blanks. He's crazy fast, but I wonder what the difference in his time would be if he were trying to hit a pair of balloon sized steel plates with real 45 Long Colt rounds . . .
Old 01-28-2011, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legbreaker View Post
http://www.wimp.com/fastestgunman/

Not that he can hit anything beyond arms length, but he's still DAMN fast!
seen video of him shooting a .38 snubbie out to 200 yards. So yes he is a very good shot with live ammo. Still I will agree that blanks can be fired much faster than live ammo(have friends who have dragged away the four tons of brass to prove it.)
Old 01-28-2011, 11:04 AM

Default Bob Munden

the legendary Bob Munden is awesome.

He is not using a firearm capable of firing live rounds in this demo though - probably an aluminium barreled powder residue shooter.

He has however competed in the semi automatic class in one of your big shooting contests over there , and did pretty darn well - although he didnt win. ( He was using a Colt 1873 variety single action revolver at the time).

I wager he is a great pistol shot.

Speaking of gun fights with 1873 Colts - the film with Edward Norton ( Down in the Valley) - check it out for a good example of fire superiority in a gun fight. Norton uses his 2 1873s to pin down his adversaries in a building lot).

All in all I loved the movie - I would say that its one of teh best westerns of the decade.

But thats neither here nor there - the 1873 is a good choice for a T2K weapon. It is fairly easily carried,its sturdy, you can load your own both black powder and smokeless/nitrate without too stringetnt tolerances. Its not as efective as an M4 in a firefight, but then again, you probably cant fix an m4 with metal pieces filed to fit from your kitchen. Not to mention the iconic look of it.

I had no idea how big the sport of quickdraw is overthere. Certainly big enough that there will be some nasty npcs lounging around the dark corners of hiring hall, waiting for a PC to get a little to loadmouthed. ( Yeah - you got pistol skill :10. But the other guy comes first...

all in my humble opinion of course

all in my humble opinion of course.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headquarters View Post
Its not as efective as an M4 in a firefight, but then again, you probably cant fix an m4 with metal pieces filed to fit from your kitchen.
You really should take a loonngg look at some of the odd firearms that you find for sale. I've personally seen and or helped restore a couple firearms that seemed to have been "Sporterized and/or Repaired" by a drunken monkey in a scrapyard. Now a skilled gunsmith/metalworker would have trouble with some of the more complex parts of a M4 but it can be done.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:26 PM

Quote:
I had no idea how big the sport of quickdraw is overthere.
It's been overshadowed by ISPC and IPDA owing to both the war and the expansion of legal concealed carry here in the US, but the Single Action Shooting Society is a still a very big deal, with 75,000 dues paying members according to their website (not all here in the US).
Old 01-29-2011, 08:24 AM
This Sourcebook Kills Fascists

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseSoldier View Post
It's been overshadowed by ISPC and IPDA owing to both the war and the expansion of legal concealed carry here in the US, but the Single Action Shooting Society is a still a very big deal, with 75,000 dues paying members according to their website (not all here in the US).
Beat me to it. Though I wouldn't dismiss IPSC/USPSA or IDPA as locking out that same skill set. I've seen some frighteningly fast crusty old bastards shooting IDPA.

- C.

Author of The Pacific Northwest, coauthor of Tara Romaneasca, creator of several other free Twilight: 2000 and Twilight: 2013 resources, and curator of an intermittent gaming blog.

It rarely takes more than a page to recognize that you're in the presence of someone who can write, but it only takes a sentence to know you're dealing with someone who can't.
- Josh Olson
Old 02-08-2011, 02:00 PM

Default yes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwolf66 View Post
You really should take a loonngg look at some of the odd firearms that you find for sale. I've personally seen and or helped restore a couple firearms that seemed to have been "Sporterized and/or Repaired" by a drunken monkey in a scrapyard. Now a skilled gunsmith/metalworker would have trouble with some of the more complex parts of a M4 but it can be done.
and with a colt 1873 you probably will not have to.

Meaning the thing is rugged and can be worked with a minimum of the moving parts in order.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:06 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uisHfKj2JiI

I think I've posted this link before, but I'm not sure. Pretty impressive anyway
Old 02-09-2011, 02:49 AM

Yeah, Miculek is unreal.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:11 AM

And if you prefer shotguns to hand guns here's some Tom Knapp;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcpB2l-ljnc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpv0yZC3iMM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5uHt4AwYb4

http://www.tomknapp.net/

The first link is only 9 seconds long, but showcases his level of skill perfectly