RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum

Old 07-30-2009, 09:55 PM
... Fistful of Polyhedral Dice

Default Fubat

FUnctional Body Armour Theory-
as introduced HERE.

Here goes.

I'm going to assume a -TOP END- Morrow Industries Tech Level base here. This would be what the last MARS ONE popped in the freezer was trained and equiped with, or maybe B.E.M./The Wandering Warlock's personal vanguard/pet super-team {Hi Nate!} would have.

This is a MAXED OUT full-on CQB-Heavy Fire-fight outfit, not really intended for -greeting the poor nuked out suckers- you're -supposed- to be helping.
My first post will NOT include every/consistent game mechanics, links to what I'm basing this off, what it looks like- this is a framework for me to develop off of as much as you, so I'm working fast and light here... later posts in thread will refer to this starting point and sections for easy use.

Skin Layer: {Skivvies};
A two piece {unisex} set, Top and Bottom for wicking and cooling as well as a last line of resistance to/assistance in removal of bad stuff entering the tender bodies of our Operators.
Long sleeves with thumb-holes at the wrist for ease of donning.
Long Legs with instep strap, ditto.
This tough synthetic materiel is a neutral dark grey in colour that turns vivid white {and fluoresces blue white under specific UV wavelength filters issued to medics} in the presence of human blood plasma. This is to aid in location and removal of fibres carried into wounds. The materiel is antibacterial, and antimicrobial, and can be washed with common soap and water. It retains no odours from wear, and dries rapidly {45 minutes at STP/faster if warmer etc}.

Shock-Absorbing Layered Materiel Suit {SLAM-Suit, GooSuit, Gloppies}
{yes the acronym is inaccurate, this is a Spoonerism that crept in at the design level and could not be chased away.}
3/4 sleeve. 3/4 legs, 'mandarin' collar. Unisex one size per issue {fits only issued Operator}
one piece, entry 'tab/zips' under each arm
Ribbed in most areas, checkered in high friction spots rubbery and full of micro tubes.
Dark Blueish Pink. 3mm thick average
looks creepy, feels creepy-er.
Biologically sourced: [redacted info]
behaves as a Non-Newtonian Fluid under shock.
Acts as a anti-strain/vibration layer when worn, helps prevent RSI/strains.
Washes off with water, mends itself if attached to special unit [SALM/Regen Unit: MI-666-003].

all for now, will add via edit.
hands tired, head hurts
Old 07-31-2009, 01:04 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

Very interesting. I had thought of the Non-Newtonian fluid option as well. I also thought about integrating a clotting agent into the fluid. That way if the armor fails the fluid helps to stem blood loss.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:46 AM
... Fistful of Polyhedral Dice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato13 View Post
Very interesting. I had thought of the Non-Newtonian fluid option as well. I also thought about integrating a clotting agent into the fluid. That way if the armor fails the fluid helps to stem blood loss.
Like I said, unfinished.
Was debating just -how- creepy I was going to make the SLAMs, and that was definitely high on the list of features.
Will probably use that one, given that they are -technically- a living organism tailored to live on/in symbiosis with it's operator.
As I have it in my notes, they are pretty damn... odd.