RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 09-10-2008, 03:18 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default OTES regarding FTF T2K

General Pain 06-02-2008, 04:44 AM Our group has now an ongoing discusion via e-mail regarding - notes....

Some think notes back and forth between members and GM could make the game slow but I disagree. I think a well placed note could prove to be a good thing in the game.....note = small piece of paper regarding

-secret questions to the GM

-assasination planes between players

- and other things not possible to discuss in plenum.

When I used to be a GM I often gave out notes saying:

"THIS IS JUST A NOTE TO MAKE THE OTHER PLAYERS NERVOUS - "

in addition

(and I could ask the player in the note)

act suprised,etc

weswood 06-02-2008, 05:18 AM They might slow up the game, but not enough to matter. The alternative is pulling that player aside, out of hearing of the other players. Which would slow down the game just as much......

I used to roll dice and look around at the players with an evil smirk to mess with them.

Targan 06-02-2008, 05:33 AM I don't really need to mess with the heads of my players. Major Po terrifies the other PCs and does that work for me.

pmulcahy 06-02-2008, 08:00 AM Notes are a VERY old RPG method -- I remember when I started playing D&D in 1977 it was common. As long as the GM isn't promising the player something in secret, it's OK.

Player-to-player notes can be a bit dicey, though. It can be good for the players tactically, but that will slow down game play considerably, and those notes are often used to allow players to plot against each other. I generally don't allow player-to player notes -- and if I do, I insist that I be able to read them first if I am the GM.

Headquarters 06-02-2008, 03:50 PM as the players are all seated around teh same table ,plotting becomes difficult ..notes are how you do it to keep the others in the dark..I encourage them-as they are also a great way to remember all the little side ploys the players try to initiate..I usually get anywhere from 5-20 during a 8 hr session.

General Pain 06-03-2008, 01:08 AM I don't really need to mess with the heads of my players. Major Po terrifies the other PCs and does that work for me.

I would like to see the character sheet of Major Po......and perhaps a drawing/picture...

If HQ can get around a copy-machine at work he could make a copy of General Pain and e-mail it to me so I could post it here or at the BBoW

Targan 06-03-2008, 03:39 AM I would like to see the character sheet of Major Po......and perhaps a drawing/picture...

The copy of Major Po's character sheet that I have doesn't have his current skill levels as they are written in pencil on the player's hardcopy sheet. Maybe MajorPo could post it here. I do have his photo. It is from a magazine article written about Po before the war. The accompanying text reads ""FBI Special Agent, E.R. Doctor, San Fransisco socialite, and sole heir to the globe spanning Po Industries Inc., Anthony Po is America's 34th richest man. Photo C. Forbes Magazine 1995".

General Pain 06-03-2008, 05:52 AM The copy of Major Po's character sheet that I have doesn't have his current skill levels as they are written in pencil on the player's hardcopy sheet. Maybe MajorPo could post it here. I do have his photo. It is from a magazine article written about Po before the war. The accompanying text reads ""FBI Special Agent, E.R. Doctor, San Fransisco socialite, and sole heir to the globe spanning Po Industries Inc., Anthony Po is America's 34th richest man. Photo C. Forbes Magazine 1995".

He looks like he could be in a hugo boss add......but looks can be deciving.

I must admit that General Pain do not look like a man u want to meet in a dark alley.