RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum

Old 12-01-2020, 12:52 PM

Default Religion

How do PDs handle religion in their games? I have to indirect bastardized religion in my campaign plus existing religions. Thoughts here?
Old 12-01-2020, 01:58 PM

I do something similar. I took a Gnostic religion and changed it a bit to reflect some ideas that I thought would be popular after the war and also, since there was an interesting real-world connection between a couple of people, created a sect of that religion that holds similar goals, but see more direct action as the way to forward their beliefs.
Old 12-01-2020, 04:28 PM

I tend to stick to what the local dominate religion is prewar and modify it as I fell it nneds to be. Like the Mormons in Utah, Nevada and surrounding areas. They become a bit more cultist but remain fairly passive and willing to help folks when they can and if your willing to listen to their preach their word. The South is a bit more of a radicalized baptist/ pentacastal, the southwest more christian catholic based with heavy Mexican/ Spanish influence. I also through in a smattering of dooms day cults and wackadoodles to keep it fun....