RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 10-17-2008, 03:18 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default New Member's Thread

Welcome to IMO one of the best RPG gaming forum on the internet. The core of this group has been together for since at least 1998. For a group to stick together that long they must be doing something right. Even though we have a long history we always welcome new members.

(Please note if you do not relieve your confirmation email please PM me [kato13] to confirm you)

This thread is to provide new users with some information that might be useful for them.

The primary topic for this board is the Role Playing Game Twilight 2000. Post apocalyptic scenarios/fiction, general military discussions, role playing questions are also welcome. If you have an interests in these subjects take a look around I am sure you will find something of interest.

Off topic posts are also allowed but please be careful with discussions related to politics and religion.

In order to make certain important threads within this forum easier to find, I will link them here.

POLLING THREADS
Here you can find some demographic information about our users and our opinions on questions. Please feel free to add your information and opinions.

Demographics
Poll: Military Service
Poll: Where are you?
Poll: What do u do?
Poll: What is your birth year?
Poll: Browser Usage? 2021 Update

Gaming Questions
Poll: Internment Camps
Poll: GM Style
Poll: Player style
Poll: Your Preferred T2K Timeline
Poll: Best Tank Poll & Opinions

Introduction Thread
Introduce yourself here

IMPORTANT THREADS

Site Related
T2k Forum Thread Map
Attachment Map

DC working group
Collected Works of the DC Group
US Recovery Plan

Webstral
Webstral's Thunder Empire Summary

Game Master Threads
GM RESOURCES - links to make GMing easier and better

Recommendations
Member's Favorite Threads
Post-apocalyptic picture thread

T2K LINKS

Other Forums
93 Games Studio
http://93gamesstudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=6

Antennas Forum Archive
http://www.topbb.com/forum/twilight2000.html

T2K Yahoo
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/t2k/

Member Websites
Paul Mulcahy’s Pages
http://www.pmulcahy.com/

Antenna's T2K Pages
http://www.ludd.ltu.se/~antenna/

Chico's T2K Filedump
https://sites.google.com/site/chico20854/

Big Book of War (General Pain/Headquarters)
http://www.thebigbookofwar.50megs.com/

Twilight 2000 Wiki
http://twilight2000.wikia.com/wiki/Twilight_2000_Wiki

Dave's T2K Stuff - Home (Rainbow Six)
http://www.twilight2000files.com/

GAME PUBLISHER LINKS

Twilight 2000
http://www.farfuture.net - Current Publishers of the Twilight 2000 RPG

Twilight 2013
http://www.93gamesstudio.com - Publishers of the Twilight 2013 RPG

Purchase PDFs
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/index.php?cPath=23

Game Developer Links
Loren Wiseman
http://www.lorenwiseman.com

I am welcome to suggestions on how to improve this post.

(previous comments moved to another thread)

Last edited by kato13; 06-19-2021 at 08:41 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:16 AM
Administrator

Have not done much to this thread (beyond adding a few polls), but I like it to be the first thread so I am bumping it.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:08 AM

Default just joined this forum

i used to play T2k and M2k back in the mid 90s. then life caught up. Now life seems more manageable but no t2k players around me. maybe when i move back east i will find some. right now i am just working on my t2k database. i am really interested in unarmed combat house rules folks may have developed for the t2k system.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:09 PM

Default welcome aboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty1971 View Post
i used to play T2k and M2k back in the mid 90s. then life caught up. Now life seems more manageable but no t2k players around me. maybe when i move back east i will find some. right now i am just working on my t2k database. i am really interested in unarmed combat house rules folks may have developed for the t2k system.
always glad to hear from a new playah

much in the same situation as you gaming wise -but lucky to have a group that gets together 3-4 times a year for weekend long sessions

as for house rules - dare I venture these

http://thebigbookofwar.50megs.com/DOX/0-House%20rules/

for your consideration...
Old 09-18-2011, 10:04 AM

Default Getting things bass ackwards

Hello all,

I've been following Twilight 2000 since the early '90s, and have always found it to be one of my favorite settings. I've already posted a couple of items, but have neglected to make a formal introduction. OOPS.

Hello, my handle is Top-Break, and I am a Twilight 2000 Fan.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:06 PM

Default This is like crack

So, I'm a T2K junkie from way back. I registered at the old forum as Ancestor but was promptly called to active duty thereafter and forgot about the whole thing. At any rate, I discovered Chico's page while wasting time at work and was dragged back to the 7th grade. I discovered the link to this forum there and was blown away. Thank you all for the great work you have done to keep this game alive and I hope that I can add something useful in what few spare moments I have. My background is NG. I've deployed for several domestic operations (Katrina, Gustav), took a long AD tour working to improve multi-state response for the NG to large scale domestic operations, and then deployed to the Horn of Africa for a "combat tour". I hope that I can provide some insight on DOMOPS as well as the amazing place that is the dark continent. Again, thanks for this great web site!
Old 12-25-2011, 11:05 PM

Default Still Running T2k at Gaming Conventions

Been playing it since it came out when I was in High School in mid-80's. Served in Army 1992-2000. Lived in and know Eastern Europe quite well too. Am the sole person running games at Origins Gaming Convention in Columbus, Ohio annually. Last few years have run these 4 hour mini games with 8-12 victims...I mean players:

2008: Crossing the Oder: 1999, rebuilt Berlin Brigade, flush with USAF/USN/DOD Civilian vol. is attached to Brit II Corps. Sent across the Oder river with Brit Armored Recon regiment to seize Polish oil fields............. YES! I said Oil Fields... Gorzow Wielkopolski... funny, the resistance stiffened up quickly when those 57mm S-60 and ZSU-57-2 and Mortars in them thar hills opened up on Brit Lt. Armor and up armored Hmmwv's..... it's not pretty!

2010: Trap at Hogweed Junction: US Logistics unit with fuel(yes, Mad Max style fuel tanker with one legged sniper), meds, and armored deuce-and-a -halfs ambushed by East German (gasp!) hostile anti-social ex-Pro-Communist marauders with yes, PPSH-43 SMG's (think doors get sprayed at 20m). One player correctly guessed that horrid evil boom from 300m away that kept destroying Mk-19 gunner behind the armor plate cupula was a PTRS-41 (14.5) anti-tank rifle.... (evil grin)

2011: Ran two games.
A. The Smoking Dragon: Brit Ad Hoc transport unit is sent to evacuate a leg-mobile Brit Infantry Platoon. Sadly they get there just after the shell-fire stopped.... strange mist in the air... recon troops drop from non-persistant NBC residues... "Gas-Gas-Gas" anyone? Oddly while picking over the site for survivors.... my...isn't that a BTR-152 and men in WP Gas Masks emerging from the trail? Battle ensues.

B. The Red Plateau: Libya, 1997. Yep, I planned this before IRL Libya actually happened. Soviets took over Libyan stored 1000 T-55's and other assets (think Spetznaz operation). They try to march on to Egypt and Tunisia. NATO (Brit, Aussie, NZ, Spanish/Portuguese) forces trying to dislodge the Soviets with their Libyan lackies. So this lone Chieftain, mauled, gets lost and finds a water well at an old Italian Airfield... Sov troops need water...bad... so they dispatch heavily protected convoy to get water from the only spot on the map... a well at an old Italian Airfield... Battle ensues... maintenance and SAS Land Rover involved. ;-)

I kinda thought maybe someone would be interested if I posted these mini modules.... dunno what do u all think?

PS this year I'm running another pair of games at Origins.... I'm feeling Southern Germany and Korea... :P Been researching all your German Territorial Army stuff, DPRK on my own too.... I'm feeling it.
Old 12-25-2011, 11:12 PM

Default Still Running T2k at Gaming Conventions

Been playing it since it came out when I was in High School in mid-80's. Served in Army 1992-2000. Lived in and know Eastern Europe quite well too. Am the sole person running T2k games at Origins Gaming Convention in Columbus, Ohio annually. I ran 6x 4-hour games last summer.... all full of 8-12 people. No problem at all. Old school and newbies. My quote: Ruthless Gritty Post-Apocalyptic game. Not for the timid. Ages 10+ (LOL)
Old 01-06-2012, 11:45 PM

Default T2K slaughterfest

As mentioned in the New Members thread, I've been running Twilight (V.1) games since it came out when I was in High School in mid-80's. Served in Army 1992-2000. Lived in and know Eastern Europe quite well too. Am the sole person running games at Origins Gaming Convention in Columbus, Ohio annually. Last few years have run 4-hour mini games with 8-12 victims...I mean players.
PS this year I'm running another pair of games at Origins.... I'm feeling Southern Germany and Korea... :P Been researching all your German Territorial Army stuff, DPRK on my own too.... I'm feeling it.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:30 AM

I'm not exactly new, but I've been away from the site for a while; and WOW what a lot of wonderful material has been posted while I've been away. It's going to take we a while to look through it all, and I'm going to enjoy every minute.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:37 AM

Hey guys,

I am completely new to this forum, and just going through all the material posted here. very nice.

Serena
Old 02-13-2012, 06:54 AM

Cue the inevitable all-male, virtual wrasslin' match to get to the new girl on the boards.

Well...the only girl on the boards.

Well...the only biological girl on the boards...
Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:32 AM
Administrator

I think Serena is a last name in this context.

Was checking to see if the new user is a spammer (more likely than a female unfortunately) and came to that conclusion.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:40 PM

Hello forum followers.

I am currently serving in the military and have been for the last 13 years. I started as an Infantrymen in the USMC, and now am a Tactical Air Controller in the Air Force. If you are unfamiliar with Controllers I will give a brief description. We are aligned with the Army but get pulled to work with any ground maneuver force in the battle space. My doctrinal job is to plan for and then execute airstrikes. I can do this from an operation center but far more frequently than not I do it from a radio on my back while I am on a patrol. In addition due to our position we end up being made a sort of jack of all traded, we work anything that drops out of the sky, be it Indirect fires, UAVs, intel platforms, rotary, or fixed wing. Many of us also gain more specialized skills though any number of schools that become available to us. To boil it down the best way I can describe it is I'm a decent Infantrymen with a wide variety of specialized skills and I bring the biggest gun in the fight to bear.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:40 PM

Default Saying Hi

Hello all, thought I'd post here too. I'm new to the forums and to T2000 in general. Picked up the 1 edition rules and I'm hooked. Hoping to do some good stuff with it in the future.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:25 AM
Banned

Default new board member

Hello all - played Twilight 2000 a long time ago when it first came out and had a long campaign that ended badly when the players and GM got disillusioned with further play by the way the canon timeline and modules were going.

ROTC in college, have fired many different guns and currently work at a major defense contractor on the M88 and M109, which thus gives me some interesting viewpoints on the game.

Also was a long term contributor to ShatteredWorld if any of you ever read that WWII alternate timeline.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:04 PM
Resident Medic, Crazy Finn

Welcome, then. It is good to have a redleg along - you are most certainly going to he called to provide us useful info on things relating to arty.
"Listen to me, nugget, and listen good. Don't go poppin' your head out like that, unless you want it shot off. And if you do get it shot off, make sure you're dead, because if you ain't, guess who's gotta drag your sorry ass off the field? Were short on everything, so the only painkiller I have comes in 9mm doses. Now get the hell out of my foxhole!" - an unknown medic somewhere, 2013.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:43 AM

Default New Member - Long Time Lurker.

Hi, I have lurked around this forum for a few years now, and have finally decided to take the plunge and join. My major gaming activities are primarily tabletop miniature wargaming, but I have done my share of playing in RPGs too.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:08 AM
GM for hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Brian View Post
Hi, I have lurked around this forum for a few years now, and have finally decided to take the plunge and join. My major gaming activities are primarily tabletop miniature wargaming, but I have done my share of playing in RPGs too.
Well met from another Kiwi!

You wouldn't know David Clarkson, would you? (table-top gamer in Chch)

Andrew
Old 04-12-2012, 07:17 AM

Hi Andrew,
Yes, I do know Dave Clarkson. I have meet him a few times through playing Command Decision, although I haven't seen him for years. Are you a Command Decision player too?
Old 04-12-2012, 07:21 AM

G'day Uncle Brian. I'm another Kiwi too, from Wellington, though I live in the land of Oz now.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:47 AM
GM for hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Brian View Post
Hi Andrew,
Yes, I do know Dave Clarkson. I have meet him a few times through playing Command Decision, although I haven't seen him for years. Are you a Command Decision player too?
Yes, played with him a couple of times at the convention in Chch, back around 2000-2001. Nice guy, BIG collection of stuff. Don't play C.D. now (no players I can find in Shanghai!) but still have good memories...
Old 04-16-2012, 06:34 AM

Default Can't believe I found you guys!

After 93GS folded, I lost track of the forums. Doing a Google search led me to here, and I saw some familiar faces (well, names) on the Twilight forum.

Good to see you guys!
Old 04-16-2012, 06:38 AM

Welcome, Aldaron. I'd like to think we're the premier new home for the 93 Games Studio forums refugees
Old 04-16-2012, 08:30 AM
Resident Medic, Crazy Finn

Yes, welcome Aldaron. Funny - I know you are not the same person, since you live in Australia, but a friend of mine uses the handle Aldaron as well. And I do believe, I remember you from 93-forums as well...
"Listen to me, nugget, and listen good. Don't go poppin' your head out like that, unless you want it shot off. And if you do get it shot off, make sure you're dead, because if you ain't, guess who's gotta drag your sorry ass off the field? Were short on everything, so the only painkiller I have comes in 9mm doses. Now get the hell out of my foxhole!" - an unknown medic somewhere, 2013.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:32 AM

Woo Hoo! Another Australian!

Nothing happens in isolation - it's called "the butterfly effect"

Mors ante pudorem
Old 04-17-2012, 12:24 AM

Been lurking here a while, reading a bunch.

Got back into gaming after a break of about 10 years or so, then moved, so now I'm in the process of finding a group. I hope.

I've GM'ed V1, V2, and 2.2, and am currently in the process of writing a campaign for 2013 since I thought I was going to be living in the area my friends/gaming group from my childhood/teen years live in, and gaming with them. Short version is, that ain't gonna happen. Such is life, neh?

The good thing about that is, I can recycle some of the material from previos campaigns. And from what some of my friends have told me, they STILL talk about the campaign I ran 16 years ago, so....
Old 04-18-2012, 11:59 PM

Hi everyone!

I don't know how I didn't find you all before. I think I may have been directed here a couple of times in the past, but I'm not sure. Anyway, I was on many of the older sites/forums and the various mailing lists over the years. I lurked around here for a couple of days and thought I'd register and engage in discussions. I don't know if any of you know/remember me, but I remember a lot of you guys.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:28 PM

Hi all,
I've been lurking for a while but since I started posting I thought I'd at least say hi. Started playing Twilight 2000 last year and am thoroughly enjoying myself. Good to meet everyone.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:41 PM

Welcome CarolG! Pull up a chair and stay awhile. Cold beers are in the fridge and we don't stand on formality much here so is drinking from the bottle ok with you?