RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum

Old 02-25-2010, 01:40 PM

Default Nifty Resource

I found a great resource for GameMasters and/or fans of modern military technology. It's http://The-Blueprints.com and it's just what the title says - a huge database of drawings of all sorts of thing, most of them 3 or 5-views, and many of them military. The URL is just the name in al lower case.l If you register, you get access to larger sized images. Guests are restricted to 500 pixels square images. Registering is free and instant - no waiting for e-mails and you pick your own password. The database is searchable (thank God!), but it's a tiny bit tricky. Once you type in your search parameters and hit enter, all the data entry fields go empty. Don't worry - just page down, aand your results are displayed. When you check out a drawing, you have to hit search and re-enter your parameters, but the search is quick, so it's painless. Enjoy!
Old 02-25-2010, 01:42 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

Yeah it is a pretty cool site. I pulled a few silhouettes from there when making my military symbols font.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:28 PM

Bummer - It's not answering my attempts to get onto it today and yesterday. And I just found out about it. Hopefully it's well represented on the Way-Back Machine...
Old 08-07-2010, 03:41 AM

Update: It's back...I was just there.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:24 AM

I will give this warning (and a big HINT to Mr Oulton as his Land Rover Series II is the WRONG SIZE)

The items shown there may not scale exactly with sizes mentioned on places such as Wikipedia or Olive Drab, or if you are lucky to be in the Military -- your tape measure or the rebuild manual, use with caution

Saying that, I am tempted to do a "rough scaled" V-150 Commando after I finish this tower.

Mostly a sci-fi nut, who plays a few PC games.
I do some technical and vehicle drawings in my native M20 scale. - http://braden1986.deviantart.com/
Old 08-23-2010, 08:18 AM

The site is interesting but not very accurate at times and scale is all over the place as anyone can place pictures there.

Braden the thing about the V-150 now is you have to becareful as some people confuse it with todays M1117 ASV they make look the same but the ASV is bigger and is not and I mean not amphibious and is a wonderful ride,a bit cramped but nice.