RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 06-01-2011, 09:59 PM
The Stat Guy

02 Jun 11

South African Artillery Support Vehicles, South Korean Artillery Support Vehicles, and Swedish Artillery Support Vehicles have been rewritten and in some cases updated. The Swedish vehicles in particular have been heavily rewritten and updated.

In German Assault Rifles, the MR-556A1 has been added to the Heckler & Koch HK-416 entry.

In US Assault Rifles A-C, entries for generic M-4/AR-15/M-16 clones chambered for 6.8mm SPC and 6.5mm Grendel have been added to the Colt AR-15/M-16 Assault Rifle and Colt Carbines entries.

In Czech Battle Rifles, the VZ-24, M-1310, and M-1317 versions of the VZ-98/22 have been added.

In French Battle Rifles, much more information has been added to the St Etienne MAS-49.

In Russian Battle Rifles, much more information has been added to the Tokarev SVT-38/SVT-40/AVT-40 entry, including the rare 7.62mm Kalashnikov chamberings.

In Austrian Pistols, the ISSC-Austria M-22 was added.

In German Pistols H-K, the P-30L was added to the Heckler & Koch P-30 entry.

The Chiappa 1911-22 was moved to International Pistols to US Pistols C.

In Swiss Pistols, the SiG-Sauer 1911 was added.

In US Pistols K, the CW-40 and CW-45 was added to the Kahr CW-9 entry.

In Brazilian Revolvers - Taurus, the Raging Judge XXVIII has been added to the Taurus Raging Bull entry.

In German Revolvers K-Z, the Weihrauch Windicator has been greatly expanded, and some stats have been corrected.

In US Revolvers M-N, the Top-Break variant of the Mini-Revolver has been added to the NAA Mini-Master/Black Widow entry.

In US Revolvers - Ruger, the new version of the Ruger Blackhawk, designed specifically for .44 Special, has been added to the Blackhawk entry.

In German Sniper Rifles, the former East German Suhl SSG-82 has been added.

In Best Submachineguns That Never Were, the PLJ has been added.

However, before that and I forgot to tell you...

12 May 11

In Russian Wheeled APCs, a correction has been made to the frontal armor of the BTR-60.

Romanian Artillery Support Vehicles has been updated and expanded.

Russian Artillery Support Vehicles has been updated and greatly expanded, including the addition of the Arzamas 1V152 and KMZ PRP-3.

In French Automatic Rifles, the Chatellerault Mle 1924/29 entry was expanded with more information.

In Belgian Battle Rifles, the Austrian version of the FAL, the StG-58, was added to the FN FAL entry. The 6.5mm Swedish chambering was added to the FN M-1949.

In British Battle Rifles, the Lee-Enfield Cavalry Carbine Mark I and the Ishapore 2A have been added to the SMLE entry.

In French Battle Rifles, more information has been added to the ENT M-1886 and MAS-36 entries, and the MAS-36/CR39 entry has been corrected.

In German Battle Rifles, the Kar-98k ZF-41 was added to the Mauser Gew-98 entry.

In Austrian Pistols, more information has been added to the Roth-Steyr.

In German Pistols L-M, the C/96 Kavallerie Karabiner, C/98 Export Model, The Mauser M-30, Mauser M-712, M-713, and Chinese M-713 have been added to the Mauser C/96 entry. In addition, come corrections have been made to the entry, and the name of the Chinese .45 ACP variant has been corrected to "Shansi."

In US Pistols K, the CM-9 has been added to the Kahr K-9 entry, and the Kel-Tec P-32 has been given more information.

In Austrian Revolvers, more information has been added to the Rast & Gasser M-1898.

In International Revolvers, the Walther R99 La Chasse has been moved from German Revolvers L-M and placed here under the entry of "Walther/Smith & Wesson R99 La Chasse.

In Japanese Revolvers, the Koishikawa Type 26 has been added.

In Russian Revolvers, more information has been added to the Nagant Model 1895.

In US Revolvers - Smith & Wesson 10-30, the Model 629 Magnum Hunter has been added to the Smith & Wesson 29 entry.

In Romanian Sniper Rifles, the designation of the ROMARM "PSL" has been changed to the more-correct ROMARM FPK (the reason for this becomes obvious in the entry). More information has also been added.

In British Submachineguns, the Sten Mark 1* has been added to the Enfield Sten entry, and some more information has been added to the Sten entry in general.

In US Submachineguns A-I, the M-1921, M-1921AC, M-1923, and the BSA Thompson were added to the Auto Ordnance Thompson entry, and many corrections were made to range and price of all Thompsons.

In US Submachineguns J-Z, the civilian SA/M-3A1 has been added to the M-3/M-3A1/OSS M-3 entry, and more information has been added in general. More information has been added to the Reising entry, and the prototypical version chambered in .30 Carbine has been added to the entry.

In Russian Submachineguns, the civilian SR-41 was added to the PPsh-41 entry.

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com
Old 06-27-2011, 02:53 PM
The Stat Guy

Here's one I did a while back, but forgot to post here:

16 Jun 11
Turkish Artillery Support Vehicles has been rewritten and updated. US Artillery Support Vehicles has been rewritten and greatly updated.

The Izhmash AK-9 was added to Russian Assault Rifles.

The Ukrainian Assault Rifles page has been added, with the RPC Fort Vepr.

Italian Semiauto Shotguns D-Z has been replaced with Italian Semiauto Shotguns F-Z. The page is essentially the same.

The KBP ADS was added to the Russian Special Purpose Firearms page.

The Chiappa Mfour-22 has been added to the International Semiauto Sporting Rifles page.

The FN40GL has been added to the Belgian Grenade Launchers page.

In Best Assault Rifles That Never Were, the entry for the Baryshev/LCZ B-10 has has info added and stats corrected; the entry for the Interdaynamic MKS/MKR has had the MKS Carbine added; and the Korobov TKB-022 has been added.

The Best Sporting Rifles That Never Were link now points to the correct page.

The Best Handguns That Never Were page has the Webley Mars added to it.

It should be noted, or even obvious, that the Twilight 2000 stats on the site are in a state of enourmous flux. This is because I am updating basically everything little by little, correcting stats and updating the information, as well as adding on new stuff and new versions of old stuff. Therefore, newer stats do not necessarily gibe with older stuff. In general, Tanks, APCs, and Artillery Support Vehicles have been fully updated (as much as possible with my current knowledge), and there is a peppering of fixes for other things throughout the site. I'm sorry for the confusion and possible irritation, but it can't be helped.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:20 PM

Small problem with http://www.pmulcahy.com/semiauto_sho...otguns_d-z.htm

Nothing happens in isolation - it's called "the butterfly effect"

Mors ante pudorem
Old 06-27-2011, 07:37 PM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legbreaker View Post
Sorry -- replaced the file and changed the file name, but forgot to change the base page. Thanks for catching that.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b View Post
Thanks for catching that.
That's what friends are for.
Noticed there's no Italian semi shotguns D-E? On purpose?

Mors ante pudorem
Old 06-27-2011, 10:42 PM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
That's what friends are for.
Noticed there's no Italian semi shotguns D-E? On purpose?
There aren't any (that I've found as of yet).

Old 07-05-2011, 04:17 PM
Your Friendly 92Y20!

Added the Soviet Artillery piece from a few weeks ago and updated Pact orbats (with commander's names down to regimental/battalion level!) to the page...
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeedox4/

Enjoy!
I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...
Old 07-24-2011, 07:04 PM
The Stat Guy

24 Jul 11

In British Artillery Support Vehicles, the Alvis/BAE FV-432 FDC vehicle has been added.

Argentine Mortar Carriers, Austrian Mortar Carriers, Brazilian Mortar Carriers, and British Mortar Carriers have been updated, revised, and rewritten.

In US Battle Rifles A-L, the AR-10T entries were removed from the Armalite AR-10 entry. In addition, the .260 Remington and .338 Federal chamberings of the AR-10(T) were added.

In Austrian Pistols, the CCF Raceframes version of the Glock 17 has been added to the Glock 9mm Parabellum Pistols entry.

In US Pistols C, the New Agent has been added to the Colt M-1911 entry.

In Russian Revolvers, the Izhmash MP-412 Rex has been added.

In Brazilian Lever-Action Rifles, the Rossi Rio Grande has been added.

In Belgian Semiautomatic Sporting Rifles, the FNAR Match and the FNAR Heavy Barrel have been added to the FN FNAR entry, and some other general information added to the entry.

In US Semiautomatic Sporting Rifles F-I, the Model 4595TDS has been added to the Hi-Point 995/4095 Carbines entry.

In Italian Single-Shot & Double Sporting Rifles, the Model 92F has been added to the Sabatti Classic 92 Express entry.

In US Antimateriel Rifles A-L, a few lines of new (but important) information have been added to the M-107A1 part of the Barrett M-82A1 entry.

The Blackpowder Rifles & Muskets has been updated; the blackpowder rules have been tweaked a bit more, and several new weapons have been added: 1803 Harper's Ferry Rifle, 1859 Sharps, 1861 Springfield, 1863 Remington Zouave, 1863 Sharps, 3-Band/2-Band Enfield Musket, Brown Bess, CS Richmond, and Hawken Rifle. Note that I still consider this page to be in heavy development, particularly the blackpowder rules at the top. Any input is welcome.

Some updates and fixes have been applied to Czech Autocannons, Italian Autocannons, Russian Autocannons, US Autocannons, and Yugoslavian Autocannons.

The Autocannon Ammunition page has been replaced with a new one, with a new format and with much more information. I do recognize that at this time, the page is still missing a few entries; I'll get them in there as soon as I'm able.

I've created a monster! The GDLS M-1002 Miller AGDS was added to Best SP Antiaircraft Vehicles That Never Were.

An experimental page, AR-15 and Clones, has been added. I view this page as experimental since reader feedback will determine if the page remains on the site. I don't regard it as finished yet, by the way. For the most part the page is reiteration, but there are some new goodies like the Christensen Arms CA-15, Alexander Arms AR-17, some new types of Ruger SR-556, the new Barrett REC-7 Carbine, the JP Enterprises JP-15, and the Centurion Arms version of the Crane Mk 12 Mod 1 SPR. If I get favorable feedback, there may be other such pages posted (such as the the M-1911, AK, AR-10, and perhaps some others).

Old 07-24-2011, 07:34 PM

All good stuff as usual.
Have you got much info on how the SPAS-11, -12 and -15 is able to fire rifle grenades? All I've found is there is an adapter available but no info on how it works in relation to 5.56 or 7.62 type weapons (12 gauge is much larger obviously so I can't see standard BTUs working all that well without some technical trickery).

Mors ante pudorem
Old 08-24-2011, 02:28 PM
The Stat Guy

Default Why I haven't updated my site in so long, and why it may be a while longer

Not long after the last update, I got into updating the Winchester M-70 rifle. (You're all probably familiar with it, by experience or reputation.) The M-70 update has--well, turned into a monster. There have been a massive amount of variations and types of the M-70 (especially what I call the 3rd version, the one between the USRAC takeover and the current FN ownership; USRAC took the design and really ran with it).

It's become a huge amount of work (though interesting), and I may end up devoting a web page to just the M-70. But it may be a bit till I finish, and get back to other things.

Last edited by pmulcahy11b; 08-24-2011 at 04:40 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:37 PM
Internet Intellectual

Quote:
There have been a massive amount of variations and types of the M-70
I got a guided tour of H&S Precision in Rapid City. Their core rifle is an updated Model 70 selected for the breech style. They have been building rifles for the FBI and the Israelis for a while now.

https://www.hsprecision.com/shop2/

Interesting thing there is' that the have their own broaching machine and rifling machines, along with several CNC machines.

Every part is made on sight. They don't sub contract out. Well, not in 09 anyway.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:55 PM
The Stat Guy

I'm not even thinking of the variations made by manufacturers other then Winchester right now. The worst part is that, even after I finish the page, it will probably be incomplete.

Old 09-26-2011, 10:39 PM
The Stat Guy

27 Sep 11
This update is, at first glance, going to appear to be minor. It, in fact, began as a simple update to the Winchester M-70, but it sort of ran away from me, and I've been working on it for the better part of a month. (And yet, I'm sure there will probably be some incoming corrections and modifications that need to be made -- but I do believe I got the major portion of the page correct.) This page does not include modifications of the M-70 made by other companies or local modifications, it is actual Winchester-made versions. As might be inferred from above, the Winchester M-70 is now on a page of its own, US Bolt-Action Sporting Rifles - Winchester M-70 since it has grown so large. Seems like a minor update, but when you see the page, you'll see it wasn't really.

I did manage to squeeze in one other update: Canadian Mortar Carriers, which has been almost completely rewritten.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:46 PM

FYI Paul you've got the PRC-999K Secure Manpack/Vehicular Radio listed twice under the South Korean Radios.

Mors ante pudorem
Old 11-15-2011, 08:51 PM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
FYI Paul you've got the PRC-999K Secure Manpack/Vehicular Radio listed twice under the South Korean Radios.
AARRRGH!

Old 11-15-2011, 09:44 PM

Quote:
AARRRGH!
LMAO!

Mors ante pudorem
Old 12-23-2011, 04:07 AM

Default Site updated

thebigbookofwar.50egs.com

has new entry in assault rifle and submachinegun category. Its the AKSU 7,62 x 25 Tokarev.

Its a GMs discretion weapon - as stated in the doc.

I tought it was cool and needed to be part of the game.

merry xmas.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:18 PM
Internet Intellectual

Did you guys catch in the news that the US Army is purchasing several hundred or more Carl Gustaf Rocket launchers. These will be used in place of the far more expensive javelin system for engaging insurgent positions in hardened shelters.

I believe the thermobaric round is going to be the primary vs. HE or HEAT.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:23 PM

Technically it's a recoilless rifle and believe me, you do NOT want to fire one with a hangover!!!

Mors ante pudorem
Old 12-24-2011, 02:33 AM

Default hehe

Quote:
Technically it's a recoilless rifle and believe me, you do NOT want to fire one with a hangover!!!
or without hearing protection..
Old 12-27-2011, 10:08 AM
The Stat Guy

Guys, I'm tired. Between the medication for mental illness, Tricare refusing to approve Nuvigil for me anymore, and pain and lack of quality sleep from pain of fibromyalgia and ostoarthritis (and a little dog named Winston who has to be let out 1-4 times a night due to his diabetes, I'm just beat. And it goes beyond the physical; I'm emotionally and mentally exhausted.

I'll still do site updates and the occasional special request (I'm doing one now), but they'll come fewer and further between and will probably contain less data. I'll probably skip around and update or put in what new information interests me at that time, instead of slogging through the site updates in order. If you spot an error, it may be fixed immediately...or fixed whenever. That doesn't mean you don't hold my feet to the fire anymore; it just might take a while before I make a correction.

I need to learn to relax and do things just because instead of slogging through the site updates like there a job. With my own illnesses, taking care of my elderly and often erratic mother, and day to day stuff, I have my hands full. So as far as my site, things will slow down considerably.

Old 12-27-2011, 06:36 PM

Paul, as a result of you mentioning fibromyalgia a number of times over the years, my curiosity pushed me to read up on the condition. It seems to me that having it must really suck. And it's such a complicated, hard to pin down syndrome, it seems. It must have taken years and years for you and your physicians to firstly correctly diagnose it, then many more years to find a treatment that works for you. You must be one seriously tough individual to continue caring for your mum and your animals while dealing with your own, seriously debilitating illnesses. You sure have my respect, man.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:17 PM
Administrator

No worries, Paul. Take care of yourself. You can rest easy in the knowledge that you've done more than just about anyone else out there for the T2K community at large. We appreciate you. Thanks for everything.
Author of Twilight 2000 adventure modules, Rook's Gambit and The Poisoned Chalice, the campaign sourcebook, Korean Peninsula, and co-author of Tara Romaneasca, a campaign sourcebook for Romania, all available for purchase on DriveThruRPG:

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...--Rooks-Gambit
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...ula-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...nia-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...liate_id=61048
Old 12-28-2011, 04:40 AM

Default hear , hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raellus View Post
No worries, Paul. Take care of yourself. You can rest easy in the knowledge that you've done more than just about anyone else out there for the T2K community at large. We appreciate you. Thanks for everything.
Your site is the motherload Paul.

Take care and get some rest. A happy 2012 to you.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:34 AM

I have a friend with fibromyalgia so I understand the situation you're in. It's a crap way to be with little hope for long term relief.
If you need help with anything Paul, all you've got to do is say the word and virtually anyone here will be there. We all owe you for what you've given us.

Mors ante pudorem
Old 12-28-2011, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raellus View Post
What Rae said...thanks for all that you do and take care of yourself.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:39 AM

Hey Paul, noticed you've got the Italian PRC-738 Secure Manpack/Vehicular, PRC-638 Manpack, PRC-447 Manpack, and PRC-677A Manpack/Vehicular Radios listed twice as well.

Mors ante pudorem
Old 05-19-2012, 02:41 PM
The Stat Guy

Well, it's been a while, but I did some updates. As usual, check them for correctness of code as well as correctness of info.

And Dang me, I still haven't fixed what Leg spotted on the Radios page!

14 May 12
Canadian Wheeled APCs and Finnish Wheeled APCs have been somewhat modified; basically most references to mortar carrier or mortar support versions have been removed from these pages, as they were put into the Mortar Carrier and Mortar Support pages of the countries involved. While I was at it, I took the opportunity to make a few more tweaks in the vehicles on those APC pages.

Chinese Mortar Carriers, Czech Mortar Carriers, Finnish Mortar Carriers, and French Mortar Carriers have been updated, expanded, and tweaked.

In US Antimateriel Rifles A-L, details of the Barrett XM-500's barrel and construction have been added, and some of the stats have been tweaked.

In AR-15 and Clones, the Mossberg Tactical .22 was added.

In Indian Assault Rifles, the IOFB INSAS has been tweaked and has had some information added (and will probably have to be altered again very soon; the INSAS has, in fact, been the subject of mixed opinion on the part of Indian troops, especially special operations troops).

In South Korean Assault Rifles, the Daewoo K-11 Composite Infantry Weapon has been added. The Daewoo K-2 has had some information added.

In Blackpowder Rifles, the Indian Trade Musket, JP Murray Carbine, and the Kentucky Rifle have been added. It's been pointed out to me on Juhlin's forum that there are no links to Blackpowder Rifles on any other page of the site (though you can find them in the PDFs made from the pages on the site), so I have added one on the home page. Further note that the Blackpowder Rifles listed are for the most part modern reproductions of the old muzzle-loaded weapons (some are modern inlines), as the reproductions and replicas are the types of weapons I have the most information about. I've tried to choose the reproductions that are as faithful as possible to the original. (I'm working on beefing up my library with books about real weapons of the period.) Handguns and more modern guns firing blackpowder propellants in cased cartridges will hopefully come later.

The Taurus PLY has been added to Brazilian Pistols.

The Para-Ordnance PXT SA Long Slide Limited was added to Canadian Pistols.

The Chiappa Mfour-22 Pistol was added to International Pistols.

In Swiss Pistols, the Scorpion variants of the SiG-Sauer 1911 and P-229 have been added to their respective entries. In addition, a little more information has been added to the descriptions of both pistols.

In US Pistols M-Q, the Nighthawk Custom Falcon and the alloy-frame version of the Nighthawk Custom Lady Hawk were added. In addition, more information was added to the description of the Nighthawk Custom Lady Hawk.

The Smith & Wesson SD has been added to the US Pistols - Smith & Wesson page.

Virtually of the Smith & Wesson Revolvers pages have been replaced. The reasons may be something as little as that items that were once on a page were moved to another, or it may be because the revolvers on the page have been tweaked or corrected or in a few cases have been greatly updated, expanded, and essentially redone. The Smith & Wesson 10-30 page has only the Model 10 entry updated; I'm still working on the pages.

In Italian Semiautomatic Shotguns - Benelli, the Benelli Vinci has been added.

In Italian Semiautomatic Shotguns F-Z, the rarely-seen 16-inch barrel version of the SPAS-15 has been added to the SPAS-15 entry.

In US Bolt-Action & Lever-Action Shotguns, more information has been added to the C-MORE M-26 MASS.

The PGM Precision Ultima Ratio has been moved from International Sniper Rifles to French Sniper Rifles, for reasons that are explained in the text of the entry. The rifle's entry has been greatly expanded and updated. The Mini-Hecate has also been moved to French Sniper Rifles, and renamed the PGM-338 (it's current market name according to PGM); however, the entry is only partially redone.

The Les Baer Monolith SWAT was added to US Sniper Rifles G-L.

In the CZ-550 entry, the variant CZ-557 was added, in Czech Bolt-Action Sporting Rifles.

The Marlin X-7 was added to US Bolt-Action Sporting Rifles L-M.

In US Bolt-Action Sporting Rifles - Remington, the Remington Seven Synthetic, Seven CDL, and Seven Predator have been added, while the Remington 700 BDL has been updated and expanded.

The Browning BL-22 Micro Midas was added to the BL-22 entry in Belgian Lever-Action Sporting Rifles.

On the US Lever-Action Sporting Rifles - Marlin page, the Marlin 1894SBL and 1894CBSL have been added to the Marlin 1894 New Model Entry.

The CZ-512 was added to the Czech Semiautomatic Sporting Rifles.

The Mitchell's Mausers PPS50/22 was added to International Semiautomatic Sporting Rifles.

A new page, Armenian Submachineguns, was added, with the Grozniy K6-92.

The Uzina Mechanica Cugir was added to Romanian Submachineguns.

The Brugger & Thomet APC/APS was added to Swiss Submachineguns.

An updated C-47 entry has been added to the US Cargo Aircraft page. A really updated page. In fact, the other entries on the page look stunted by comparison. (Please note that the AC-47 and DC-3 are not included on this page - the AC-47 will be put on another page, and if I ever do airliners, that's where the DC-3 will be.) Than damn entry took me forever it seems, but I was doing it in response to a very kindly and politely-worded email. Sometimes I'll do that.

Old 05-21-2012, 06:13 AM
GM for hire

Paul, fine work as usual, and put yourself in for a Congressional Medal of T2K!
Old 06-20-2012, 06:27 PM

Paul, I've noticed on your site a number of weapons which have a Pen equal to their damage dice. For example a weapon might do Dam 2, Pen 2-Nil.
Given Pen is the number of dice lost per level of armour, how does that differ to a Pen of simply nil?

Mors ante pudorem